Any Vegan/Vegetarians Out There?

Yeast in any form is really bad for gout. Not that I am thinking of becoming a vegan...

It's just one of the interesting facts I have learned since being diagnosed, and I had to tell someone! :P

I do understand. I have an Uncle with that problem.

I recently learn the new thing. Most vegetable have high potassium which would give you a hard to breath or pain chest. It mean, you have to watch how much potassium you're take. Most common that potassium can be found from: tomato paste, orange juice, beet greens, white beans, potatoes, bananas and many other good dietary sources.

Excellent Barbaro!
You said...
His arteries were full of fatty deposits, indicating his diet may have been rich in animal products.

I doubt it… I believe it was from grains as Otzi had decayed teeth as he and others lived in the area that has less animals populations and lived in beginning of agriculture as he was about 6K years old and is not a Paleolithic man.

Carbs/grains, what have you, if you don't burn it (meaning utilize for energy), body must store it. It is converted to fat = raise LDLs (bad form of cholesterol except for veggies) = equivalemt to eating fatty meat.

Curious but what are your favorite dishes? Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner? I'm still exploring the wonderful world ommm nom nom nom noms!:D

I've been a vegetarian for 7 years now. Honestly, my favorite dishes is white pizza with spinach! :D Or anything with spinach.

Breakfast, I sometimes enjoy having scramble eggs and toasts. For lunch, I often enjoy having vegetarian chicken patties with lettuce. Dinner, I would make anything from other country in vegetarian version. I believe the best one would be Vegetarian Swedish Meatball and it really taste delicious, even meat eaters find it very tasty. I still have the recipe and honestly, I wouldn't mind taking my time to cook them.

Sometimes, whenever I'm in the mood for pasta. I would mix it with vegetarian chicken, ground beef, or meatballs. It really brings out a lot of flavors in a simple meals.

I normally eat anything from Dominex Eggplants, Boca, and Quorn food product companies. These guys are amazing, but Dominex Eggplants meatball are amazing! I cannot wait to try their burgers and fries type.

I'll do anything with egg, tuna fish, spinach, potatoes, and vegetarian ground meat.

I have been mostly vegetarian for 30 years, ever since my young son looked down at his lamb chop and said, "Mom, ah is this the same lamb that is really cute and fluffy and goes baaaaaa? I have not eaten any red meat or poultry since. LoL

I have serious health issues so sometimes I eat wild sockeye salmon bot that is the only meat of any kind.

I am gluten free and my absolute favorite comfort food is quinoa with ginger tofu, carrots, some broccoli or slivered cooked kale, sesame seeds with Braggs liquid Aminos. All in one bowl. Yumm!

Back