Any suggestions on a good Wireless device?

hugoboss84

Reaction score
It looks like I have been hunting for a good smartphone for almost 3 months now! I am an AT&T Customer, started out with a RAZR phone, then got TAP from AT&T and now need a good device to make the best use of TAP. I am stuck in an AT&T contract that doesnt make me "upgrade eligible" for new devices at discounted prices, not even the Iphone 3G until June 2009.

Can someone suggest some good devices for text messaging & email (I use that heavily though)? I have been considering the blackberry but it looks like AT&T's data plan requires you to have a voice plan too in order to send/receive text messages. I also have the option of buying the Nokia E61i. But I dont want to end up buying devices with out-dated technologies (like all the phones AT&T have).

Finally, I am new to the country, and I dont know exactly what deaf users use in order to help them communicate. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

It looks like I have been hunting for a good smartphone for almost 3 months now! I am an AT&T Customer, started out with a RAZR phone, then got TAP from AT&T and now need a good device to make the best use of TAP. I am stuck in an AT&T contract that doesnt make me "upgrade eligible" for new devices at discounted prices, not even the Iphone 3G until June 2009.

Can someone suggest some good devices for text messaging & email (I use that heavily though)? I have been considering the blackberry but it looks like AT&T's data plan requires you to have a voice plan too in order to send/receive text messages. I also have the option of buying the Nokia E61i. But I dont want to end up buying devices with out-dated technologies (like all the phones AT&T have).

Finally, I am new to the country, and I dont know exactly what deaf users use in order to help them communicate. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

If your looking for a used device and want something that feel and look like Blackberry, You can try checking or looking for a used Samsung BlackJack I. A used BlackJack I should go for about 175 to 225 and BlackJack II goes about 290 to 350. Both BlackJack I and II support the 3G high speed data.

Then you can take your sim card out of RAZR and put it in BlackJack but sim card need to support 3G or you probably have to get a new sim card but still use same TAP plan and same phone number etc.

If you want slide out keyboard then you can try to find Cingular or AT&T 8525 or Tilt which cost a little more but it a nice PDA phone and you can still use same sim card.

Also you could probably check for T-Mobile Dash but must be unlocked to use on AT&T and you can use your RAZR sim card in it. You might have to set up the data connection setting on Dash to use AT&T data network.

u can swap any mobiles with only one sim card. i recommend you to try blackjack 2, not bj1 because bj1 has some more issues.. motorola q9h, at&t tilt, at&t 8525, Nokia mobiles with any full qwerty keyboards rae great for deaf users. you can find cool mobiles in craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums. from what i saw those reasonable price are like tilt - 300 bucks, motorola q9h - ~175 bucks, blackjack2 - 175 bucks, etc... when you get get it, just pull ur sim card and put sim card onto your new mobile... att wont cost you a penny. some people's posts i saw in my favorite forums say that they swap their mobiles daily.. some have 5 or 7 mobiles swapped weekly. it depends on their preferences. PM me if you have any question.

good luck..

u can swap any mobiles with only one sim card. i recommend you to try blackjack 2, not bj1 because bj1 has some more issues.. motorola q9h, at&t tilt, at&t 8525, Nokia mobiles with any full qwerty keyboards rae great for deaf users. you can find cool mobiles in craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums. from what i saw those reasonable price are like tilt - 300 bucks, motorola q9h - ~175 bucks, blackjack2 - 175 bucks, etc... when you get get it, just pull ur sim card and put sim card onto your new mobile... att wont cost you a penny. some people's posts i saw in my favorite forums say that they swap their mobiles daily.. some have 5 or 7 mobiles swapped weekly. it depends on their preferences. PM me if you have any question.

good luck..

You ignored my post. :pissed:

Back