Any other Deaf people enjoy car audio?

Tempe

Reaction score
I'm hearing myself and a complete addict of car audio. Each waking moment is practically dedicated to it. Ok maybe not. Either way, my girlfriend has enjoyed my hobby, as it helps her hear the music much better She has had her car for a little under two years now. The stock system didn't do much for her. Even though money has been tight with us both in school, I managed to scrape together a budget install for her!

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/deaf_pride

She's profoundly Deaf, and she can't really hear much over 2,000 hz. However, she enjoys feeling the bass and hearing the midbass frequencies. These frequencies being amplified louder also allow her to follow the voices a bit.

Her favorite musical group is the Dixie Chicks. She listens to the music at home while reading the lyrics. When driving together, she likes it when I interpret the music for her. This helps her know what is being sung when she's driving on her own.

Anyone else out there? I know I have met at least one Deaf person on the dB Drag Racing forums.

Tempe

I can hear, but I do enjoy the music more when there's bass included. I'm not exactly crazy for extreme bass... but some is good enough to make it enjoyable. :thumb:

im a country lover myself i listen to the radios and sports when im stuck on the road but all tho i dont uddy ALL the words i do catch the esstenials of it :)

anyhow, i usually watch CMT or any music stations catch the words and memorize it in under 24 hrs then when it comes on i would know what's been said or done. Take umm Garth brooks's song The Dance, I had to memorize that for a play so whenever that came on i signed it and all that and poeple would be memsmerized cuz i blasted the radio to hear this and get the feel of it when its my turn to go ( green light) theyw ould be honking at me but then again since that time i haven't done that and i dont' intend to cuz im not abt to block the roads again hahaha, but anyhow, the one thing i do want to do is get the sirius non commericalized audio system for my truck so i can listen to music and also get a new speaker for the back so i can listen behind instead of sideways geez LOL :)

Feeling the car's running vibes is one way a deaf person uses to determine the car's operational qualities. Covering it up with boom box vibes does a lot to surprise a deaf motorist with serious car problems he could have prevented had he not use the boom boxes.

Richard

covering up a vibration on a motor is not the issue of the motor itself there are different feelings on the motor i have tested it in different ways with a boom box and without, the boom box still shows no difference to me, i can still feel my truck running and knowing there may be a plm in eventually, im HOH and i can tell a different on the motor and the music cuz i dont blast my music SO loud if ifeel something funny my music is turned off to check the motor's effeciency, if there is indeed something wrong then i will know, i always check my truck's engine before i go anywhere since it's an old truck ( 10 yrs old now) i dont blast the music anyway on purpose, i do it to get better sound quality for myself, but its NOT loud on my part due to its manufactered radio i dont have CD or anything in there since the speakers aren't of sound quality.

Yeah, there will usually be other indications of trouble anyway (I hope). I intend on getting a sub, but won't be using it for all the music I listen to, just the really bassy ones :)

I had several components installed in my car's audio system...but after having the car vandalized and broken into at two different times...I decided to stop watching my hard-earned bucks fly away and disappear into the hands of burglars hungry to cash in on the audio's system! :pissed: For now, I just stick to the basic set-up in my car as I tune and jam to the music! :cool:

I LOVE Listening to Music. I love electronica and various other genres of music. Listening to music in the car is great for me. I havent experienced any problems form the music blocking me from determining something is wrong with my car. The only trouble I have is not being able to hear the brakes run down, i've had to have the brakes replaced twice because the pads wore down to nothing but the music had nothing to do with my hearing of that.

When the radio is on in the car, it distracts me from the engine noises that I feel. It makes me think there is something wrong with my car.

dawn said:
When the radio is on in the car, it distracts me from the engine noises that I feel. It makes me think there is something wrong with my car.
Well, that's why we don't play music all the time. ;)

When I'm in the car, I'll occasionally flip through the radio and see if I can't find something with a good beat. Mind you, I'll have NO idea at all of what's being played, nor will I spend too much energy trying to figure it out, but as long as it has a steady, predictable rhythm, then I'll enjoy it :)

Malfoyish said:
When I'm in the car, I'll occasionally flip through the radio and see if I can't find something with a good beat. Mind you, I'll have NO idea at all of what's being played, nor will I spend too much energy trying to figure it out, but as long as it has a steady, predictable rhythm, then I'll enjoy it :)
Same but only if i cant reach my CDs - I like CDs cuz i know what SONGS are playing LOL

I rarely use my radio in the car -- but when my husband uses the radio to listen to some music, then I'll listen and try to enjoy it. ;)

Back