Any one else bordeline ci

C-NICE

Reaction score
Sometime I feel in limbo. At present I use Phonak Niadas (They work for me most of the time). The issue is that I have been evaluated as just up to the line for a CI but not across it. I am just curious if anyone else is borderline like that?

I'm assuming you mean you had a CI evaluation with the sentence testing, etc. Not just the standard hearing tests.
When I went to my audiologist to get another hearing test done because I felt my hearing had gotten worse, after talking with her, she didn't even bother doing the regular hearing test but rather referred me to a clinic to get evaluated. She could tell by how hard it was for me to hear/understand her.

I may have been just on the line, with both ears, but was told I qualified.

I agree it depends on what you mean by borderline. I am definitely within the range for a CI implant, but my sentence scores were right on the line.

The surgeon told me I could wait a year or go ahead and do it now. I opted for now so I am getting my CI in my right ear Aug 29th. My right ear is pretty much useless for speech anyway.

My loss is progressive. When I was tested Niadas were suggested due to the fact they are the most powerful and sophisticated HAs on the market.
I am severe to profound ski-slope: After the Niadas the CI is the next viable option.

My loss is progressive. When I was tested Niadas were suggested due to the fact they are the most powerful and sophisticated HAs on the market.
I am severe to profound ski-slope: After the Niadas the CI is the next viable option.
I've worn Naidas since 2010 (progressive loss since 1991 in the worse ear). Last year I finally (maybe just barely) reached the point that my audi and I decided it was time to get evaluated for a CI. I don't doubt my better ear will qualify for a CI in the next few years.

Back