Any of you guys had green poop?

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
Sorry if it's a stupid question but I am curious. I have had green poop for the last 2 days. :ugh: Could it be Sam's Choice Mountain Lighting drink that I had or is it because of pregnancy. Should I go see a doctor?

WildKaTReSS said:
Sorry if it's a stupid question but I am curious. I have had green poop for the last 2 days. :ugh: Could it be Sam's Choice Mountain Lighting drink that I had or is it because of pregnancy. Should I go see a doctor?
I just had that situation today but I dont really know what caused it so never seen such a color on shit lol

OK—my first reaction to this thread was something along the lines of "dear God—it’s come to this". "Now we’re discussing the color of our daily constitutionals in the General Discussions forum. Alldeaf has died and gone to that great message board heaven in the sky. I hear the distant sound of bagpipers playing Taps. Sic transit gloria mundi." But of course, curiosity got the better of me and a little voice inside my head told me that I would never rest until I discovered what could possibly make a seemingly normal person’s poop turn spontaneously green. With a sense of renewed purpose in life, a Googlin’ I went. And I can say that I am content in the knowledge that I am a more enlightened person for it. I am forever grateful to you for leading me down the path of higher wisdom. And so, here is the poop on green poop:

http://ibscrohns.about.com/cs/otherdiseases/a/greenstool.htm

its normal..prolly due to dyes in food and drinks...it happens to everyone so i wouldnt freak out about something like that

heyy honest with u, i had green poop alike 3 or 4 times a month, i dont knoww why until i found out that Save a Lot store that my mom bought foods there.. that they dont agreed to my body.. my body must real meats

Last edited:
WildKaTReSS said:
Sam's Choice Mountain Lightning? That's the "fake" version of Mountain Dew. I never really liked those so-called "fake" sodas. Sometimes, eating "fake" food can cause you to be sick at times... depending on what you eat.

I once got sick on a pack of hotdogs that were from Aldis, a super-cheap grocery store. I got a 8-pack for 50 cents and thought it was a good deal. I had diarrhea for the next two days after eating that. Ugh!

As for your green poop, I wouldn't be alarmed at first. Try changing your diet or something. I've had green poop because I ate green vanilla pudding. It was a special edition JELLO vanilla pudding to honor the movie, Atlantis. They recently had pink pudding to honor Powerpuff Girls: The Movie. I've had green poop cuz I ate green/blue colored shaved ice. I've had red poop cuz I ate/drank a few spoonful of cherry flavored Kool-Aid powder mix. I've had orange poop cuz I ate too much yellow cotton candy. It could be anything... change your diet and see if it changes back to normal.

Uh—thanks for sharing, Vampy. *Looks at his Jell-O Pudding Pop with newfound disinterest*

I have consulted with a doctor on this question, and the following summarizes their answers:
Healthy people can have green poop if they eat a diet rich in leafy green vegetables, or if they consume large quantities of food coloring (in ice cream, cake frosting etc.).
Green poop can also be caused by excess iron in the diet, from dietary supplements, for example. If the body does not absorb all the iron consumed, the iron may stain the poop green, the color of iron (II) salts. Ordinarily, the green color may be masked by the normal brown poop color, but if digestion is thrown off by illness so that bilirubin is less concentrated in the intestine, the green color may become apparent.

I SO am glad someone made me crack up lev! hahaha anyhow serious case i have that same situation too!

green shit isn't really serious anyway...

mostly cause when you have too much iron or when you eat food with green colors on it, mostly.

Yeah.. even if you eat fruit snack or jelly beans.. or alot of green veggies.. it caused that.. :) if you think its from that drink then stop drink it, if you are worry.. :)

Oh im sure its normal, WildKatress, due to green or blue stuff in foods..I had a birthday cake with green and blue and red frosting on it and i had blue/green poop, so its the dye in the foods..but due to pregnancy? thats a new one on me, never heard of that. Just stop eating whatever you have been eating for a couple of days, and it will go away.

Few weeks ago, I got green poops. Figure it out already. How??? Ate lot of "Lucky Charms' cereal, my fave one. Sigh.... Knew some of marshallow have some greenish there.

Lasza said:
Few weeks ago, I got green poops. Figure it out already. How??? Ate lot of "Lucky Charms' cereal, my fave one. Sigh.... Knew some of marshallow have some greenish there.

:eek: You ate too much with shamrocks ??
shamrock2.gif

Back