any of y'll open minded?

I do know one guy who had a brother who was gay. At first his family didnt approve, but had to accept it because they love him no matter what. This guy's other brother never could accept it at all. Sometimes when family members have that lifestyle, their family members will have to accept it or not, because it's their life and they do what they want.

My parents are againt that too, and I think my grandparents also is against it. But I'm not. Like I said, it really doesn't matter, just their personalities and they're my friends no matter what their lifestyles are. :)

gosh, i have my cousin shes lesbain but i dunno for SURE if she is TRULY lesbain coz right now she is in IRAQ, she have a gf that have 4 kids which her age re alike as my mom.. so.. my family had gone through terribles times but i m cooled with it til my mom asked me if i knew abt it, so i told her, yeah i did... and she didnt get mad or anything as her looks is like : "oh" went off point on that time i was only 13 that i had found out til i m 15 my family finds out abt it, but i dunno how, but i m sure my cuzin told them and she left them without goodbyes or anythin at all.. and she moved a place that she would visit me sometimes in different town in austin.. so.. now she got herself booted to VA for bootcamp i just wondered..." how did she get there from there in VA and to NC?" anywah. so i still talks with her sometimes on emailing but nevers seen her since this time since the last time i had seen her was in my junior yr... i think.. so.. i still miss her and praying for her to come home in 1 piece... :| so thats all abt it.. ..

Last edited:
My parents are fine about gay and lesbian ppl. They know about me and my sister. (My sister is lesbian too, so...) When I was growing up, my parents did have some gay and lesbian friends, and so on. I remember few times one of my parents' gay friends babysat me and it was normal. I mean, they were trusted these friends to babysit me. Sometimes I do think that my uncle is gay too, because he never got married and I heard rumours about him. But nobody said anything about him. Hmmm... maybe gayness runs in my family, LOL...

Originally posted by kuifje75
I have marched in the Gay Pride Parade in NYC too, with the NYC BiGLNY group. :) It was quite an experience! So funny to see all international tourists taking pictures of the parade, and bringing back home, saying "America is great, they have a parade for Gay ppl!" LOL... ok, ok.. I'll shut up with my imagination.

I agree with Ironheartz, I keep my space period. I repect people and leave them alone. If they express interest or whatever, then I'll go for it too.

One more thing I have wondered about... does being deaf help to accept being gay easier? Because you already accepted an identity, you have less trouble "being different" from everyone? Maybe not in the deaf world but perhaps in the hearing world, where I grew up being different all of my life.

:confused: Interesting question. I've been told that the Deaf population has a bigger percentage of gays/lesbians, compared to the Hearing population.

A Deaf friend of mine once commented to me, "Every time a Hearing person looks at a Deaf person, they usually label the Deafie as Gay or Lesbian." Mind you, he's over fifty and Gay himself. I always wonder if his words carried any grain of truth whatsoever. It's an interesting concept that warrants further investigation...

Some people tell me it's because of gender-segerated facilities at the residential Deaf schools that influence the Deafies into the lifestlye of homosexuality.

I'm not exactly sure if that's true. It could also be attributed to genetics - somehow genetic Deafness also comes hand-in-hand with the sexual orientation of the Deaf child.

:?: The point is, who knows what possiblities that lies behind the urban legend that a high number of Deaf people are gay? Is it either genetic, psychological, or both?? It's an interesting issue that should be explored further....

PS: Both my parents are gay - both my BIOLOGICAL mother and father. I have no problem with their identities. It's a bit strange to handle, but I'm cool with it. After all, they made it possible for my existence and essence, so I owe all my love to them and their partners without hesitation - no matter what they do behind closed bedroom doors!!

Last edited:
There are always a variety of reactions regarding this issue.

I am straight but I have several gay and lebasian buddies. I think it is funny that I was never exposed to these conpect of "homosexual" people when I was growing up in a small town until I first came to MSSD. I become good friends with this boy before he announced to the world that he is gay. I already liked who he is, so it didn't bother me at the moment when he came out in the closet. Plus, several other friends also come out of closet within few years... It was like an era of fad with some people at school as closets are revealed - and they got lot of support as well. Plus, during college days, I was there to support some friends as they have to come out of their closets...

Gals would love to have a gay friend around, since they will find it amazing! :) I have few friends who are great to hang out with and I miss them dearly! Don't anyone agree on this, eh?

I am straight or perhaps.. crooked arrow minded. LOL Anyway, I am cool with gay and lesbian buddies. They don't bother me at all.:naughty:

So, I am straight too but my older sister are lesbo and also some of my friend are lesbo and gay but nothing bother me becuz they are so cool....

Originally posted by Teekie
I do know one guy who had a brother who was gay. At first his family didnt approve, but had to accept it because they love him no matter what. This guy's other brother never could accept it at all. Sometimes when family members have that lifestyle, their family members will have to accept it or not, because it's their life and they do what they want.

My parents are againt that too, and I think my grandparents also is against it. But I'm not. Like I said, it really doesn't matter, just their personalities and they're my friends no matter what their lifestyles are. :)

right on.. I think parents who does not accept the kid for bein gay or lesbian is damn closed minded end of discussion.

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
I'm just curious what y'll view on gay/lesbian/bi people? Are you homoracists or just kewl with it? Do you have any homo friends, what u think of 'em? any comments or questions, feel free to add anything...thanks!

I love the hole, not the pole. I have gay/bi friends. They know I am 110% straight. We are cool if they don't try anything on me. Well, if it is a guy. If it is a girl...lol.

Originally posted by *~Rayden Wins~* to t e d d y:
LOL get a room !!

Damn, that sounds familiar... didn't you say the same thing to me and Ironheartz in another forum? :eek:

:laugh2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by funnybebe78
right on.. I think parents who does not accept the kid for bein gay or lesbian is damn closed minded end of discussion.

That's true, yet very sad. :(

My mother is a lesbian, and she came out of the closet to my grandparents during a heated argument over my parents' marriage status at the time.

My grandmother was a bit hesitant in the beginning for a very short time, but she accepted my mother anyway. She gradually learned to accept it fully over time. To this day, my mother and grandmother are very close.

In the case of my grandfather, he was the most vocal in protesting her sexuality. I saw the way he reacted while I was peeking around the corner to watch the argument as my hearing brother was providing the dialogue as an "interpreter." (My mother had already come out to my father, younger brother, and me quite a while before that.) My grandfather's reaction subtly sickened me at the time, because he always the "good guy" in my eyes while growing up.

Up to the day of my grandfather's death (after a few years after the "shocking" announcement my mother made,) I was sifting through his things and running down memory lane. At one point, I came across a few small, framed pictures of my mother while she was growing up. They were all stuffed into an old cigar box, not where they originally were before my mother's coming out.

As I grew up, I remembered that these particular pictures were in the rooms my grandfather occupied most of the time. At that point... I realized that he had never accepted my mother as she really was. It really hit me hard and it hurt me, as a son and grandson.

In the light of my personal experience, I can imagine the pain that closed-minded parents can inflict upon their gay offspring. Bigotry is unacceptable under any circumstances - on the family member's behalf.

Last edited:
ive read all the posts in here -- i have several straight friends and i myself am a lesbian and have had a few straight women be very playful and so openminded to where im very comfortable with them and im very cool with ppl of different lifestyles, sexual preferences and etc -- im often known to TEASE a few straight women i know while online :lol:

my family are very accepting of my lifestyle and it turned out my mom had known for YEARS but i was in denial and in closet while growing up due to my dad being a homophobic person and a cop to boot go figure -- but anyway i came out later in life a few years after my dad's death and when i saw that my family just totally accepted me right then and there (despite their mormon faith background -- i myself is what u would call a "jack mormon" -- born in the faith but dont practice and dont agree with their teaching but thats another subject) -- i think what helped was knowing that mom has a few gay/lesbian friends and she ACTUALLY once tried to set me up with a womyn she knew from her office! *thud*

Originally posted by DeafDot
That's true, yet very sad. :(

My mother is a lesbian, and she came out of the closet to my grandparents during a heated argument over my parents' marriage status at the time.

My grandmother was a bit hesitant in the beginning for a very short time, but she accepted my mother anyway. She gradually learned to accept it fully over time. To this day, my mother and grandmother are very close.

In the case of my grandfather, he was the most vocal in protesting her sexuality. I saw the way he reacted while I was peeking around the corner to watch the argument as my hearing brother was providing the dialogue as an "interpreter." (My mother had already come out to my father, younger brother, and me quite a while before that.) My grandfather's reaction subtly sickened me at the time, because he always the "good guy" in my eyes while growing up.

Up to the day of my grandfather's death (after a few years after the "shocking" announcement my mother made,) I was sifting through his things and running down memory lane. At one point, I came across a few small, framed pictures of my mother while she was growing up. They were all stuffed into an old cigar box, not where they originally were before my mother's coming out.

As I grew up, I remembered that these particular pictures were in the rooms my grandfather occupied most of the time. At that point... I realized that he had never accepted my mother as she really was. It really hit me hard and it hurt me, as a son and grandson.

In the light of my personal experience, I can imagine the pain that closed-minded parents can inflict upon their gay offspring. Bigotry is unacceptable under any circumstances - on the family member's behalf.
She came out of the closet after having you? Do you mean that your mother turned lesbian after she got married?

I been to Boystown before and I gotta say it scares me. Even tho I dont mind the gay/bi/lesbian. They all stare at me smiling. It scared my cousin so bad that he ran the comaro and floor it nearly leaving me behind. haha

As my user name implies I am a lesbian. I'm very sterotypical...love Indigo Girls (Amy Ray is damn HOT!!! and yes I will marry her someday!) live in overalls and am a very earth crunchy feminst grrrl type.
It took me a while to come to terms with who I liked.

Originally posted by Wolfboy
I been to Boystown before and I gotta say it scares me. Even tho I dont mind the gay/bi/lesbian. They all stare at me smiling. It scared my cousin so bad that he ran the comaro and floor it nearly leaving me behind. haha

he better not!!!! I need my guard wolfy!!!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
She came out of the closet after having you? Do you mean that your mother turned lesbian after she got married?

:crazy: Pal, she didn't turn into a lesbian overnight. She was born one.

My mom told me that she used to have crushes on women ever since she was 3. Mind you, not SEXUAL crushes - but romantic crushes.

But society back then was very condemning of homosexuality and her parents, family, friends, always told her it was WRONG. So she denied herself the truth for her whole life, thinking something was wrong with her feelings.

My grandparents always pressured her to have a perfect family, house, pets, and the whole shebang. That's why she got married and had me and my younger brother.

Don't get me wrong - she loved and still loves my father, just in the sense of deep friendship. But when it comes to romance, she just didn't feel anything for men, period.

Hope this clears everything up for you, Vamp.

I myself have been lesbain for 12 yrs and i respect straights and all other walks of life i belive we all should get along not reject poeple for painful insults all it means is accepting one another by respecting thier choice that important to poeple!

Back