Any of u or know someone was Gay-bashing?

^^^ Sorry to hear that. :(

My several hearing gay friends got attacked in Atlanta, Georgia before. That's why they left Atlanta and moved here in Seattle, Washington. I was surprised because Atlanta is third largest gay community behind San Fransisco and Seattle. I expect Atlanta to be more gay friendly city. I guess not really.

Yup, Atlanta is definitely gay friendly but hate crime can be anywhere, probably not friender as in Seattle or SF, when gay people who is hardcore to come out from closet and walk around street then yell out as gay, that would be put them in risk to being beat up or victim of hate crime, just better to be careful. I was made very closet out then I got alot of offensive then I decided not do that at my workplace or college, unless if I know about some people.

I don't have gay support shirt or message (like "Gay Rocks" on back) and walk around public area, I usually wear jean with t-shirt from fox, zoo york or skateboard themed.

Now, For gay people, that's rights looks like compared to USA in 1960's on race relation but it will getting better in over years.

Yup, Atlanta is definitely gay friendly but hate crime can be anywhere, probably not friender as in Seattle or SF, when gay people who is hardcore to come out from closet and walk around street then yell out as gay, that would be put them in risk to being beat up or victim of hate crime, just better to be careful. I was made very closet out then I got alot of offensive then I decided not do that at my workplace or college, unless if I know about some people.

I don't have gay support shirt or message (like "Gay Rocks" on back) and walk around public area, I usually wear jean with t-shirt from fox, zoo york or skateboard themed.

Now, For gay people, that's rights looks like compared to USA in 1960's on race relation but it will getting better in over years.

Yeah someday it will get better soon just like the racist in the 1960.

I understand. It is almost similar what my friends who used to live there before told me.

Yeah... I only have one tshirt that support same sex marriage. I wear it sometime.

Very true. I thank Ellen Degrease (sp?) for made it happen. The society won't be same if she didn't kiss that actress on her television show.

I have no reasons to gay bashing. Whatever gay or bi's people do with their sexual prefernce is their business what they decided to be gay. I have many gay friends and Bi friends. But I would rather be just their friends as long they know I am straight and not cross the line with me. Friendship is more then enough for me.

Same as here in Sydney, Australia - very gay-friendly in the city, Darlinghurst and Surry Hills but not so during weekends when "straight suburban boys" come in and think it great fun to verbally abuse and bash gay men. Plenty of my hearing gay mates as well as some workmates have been bashed, I came close to being bashed twice but swiftly saw them off with a very hard and fast kick to the balls.

Just found this thread.. Here's mine.

My own brother, yupp, he was gay bashing against me. I still remember he invite his friends over to beating me up and destroy my bedroom, doing many stupid thing to me like picking something look like a penis then trying to catch my stare to it. Most of the days, my brother just kept saying "You are SO GAY!", that include my cousin too, he was mean to me, they just treat me like I am too fag for them to hang out.

My sister and I fight all the time. I always felt she was bashing me because of my face. Sibling Rivalry isn't uncommon. He probably jealous of you.

Also one of my friend always call me "fag!" everytime I say what I like, like when I play the Yu-Gi-Oh cards, one boy asked me "what's your favorite type?" I said "Plants", then my friend yell at me "gay!". I became tired of him and stopped hanging out or stay in touch with him.

Yeah he is jerk.

I still see some of deafies people that won't talk or hang out with me at all because of my sexual orientation which I don't really expose it that much, all I can do is just be myself, that's all.

Some deafies people do that to everybody, even me. I think because they have a problem on their own or just being a SNOB. That is life. That doesn't mean they are gay bashing. They are just assholes.

My sister and I fight all the time. I always felt she was bashing me because of my face. Sibling Rivalry isn't uncommon. He probably jealous of you.

Nope.. He threaten me because I was being fag. He get mad at me for not play with other boys with the guns, they think I was fag so they bashed me. It goes just like that. THAT is "fag bashing".

Yeah he is jerk.

Very.

Some deafies people do that to everybody, even me. I think because they have a problem on their own or just being a SNOB. That is life. That doesn't mean they are gay bashing. They are just assholes.

Not only deafies.. hearies does that too. I did not say that they was gay bashing, I was just giving example about those people's ignorant against the homosexuals.

Nope.. He threaten me because I was being fag. He get mad at me for not play with other boys with the guns, they think I was fag so they bashed me. It goes just like that. THAT is "fag bashing".

Very.

Not only deafies.. hearies does that too. I did not say that they was gay bashing, I was just giving example about those people's ignorant against the homosexuals.

that true too that hearing people do that as well as deaf people do. So really deaf and hearing are both no different from their behavior toward gay and bi people.

Maybe he wish he had a brother who is fun to hang out with.
Why you didn't go out with boys to play guns?

My sister wish I was normal, so we can go place and do things
together without people staring at me. I can't help the way I look.

Same thing with my mom, she is an outgoing person and she used
to go out and play outside when she was a kid. But her sister never
go outside and play, her sister always stay at home and knit, do puzzle,
and cook with her momma. They didn't get along.

Maybe because other people will pick on them for hanging out with you.
You know how people can be so nasty and mean.

Maybe he wish he had a brother who is fun to hang out with.
Why you didn't go out with boys to play guns?

Cuz I don't like the guns. He have to deal with me because I am his fucking brother lol! But today, he is proud of me being gay. He gave me the alcohol shot cup with rainbow colors on it with "Vancouver".

My sister wish I was normal, so we can go place and do things
together without people staring at me. I can't help the way I look.

Same thing with my mom, she is an outgoing person and she used
to go out and play outside when she was a kid. But her sister never
go outside and play, her sister always stay at home and knit, do puzzle,
and cook with her momma. They didn't get along.

How can that be related to gay bashing?

Maybe because other people will pick on them for hanging out with you.
You know how people can be so nasty and mean.

Sorry I still call my problem situation as a "gay bashing" because it is!

Cuz I don't like the guns. He have to deal with me because I am his fucking brother lol! But today, he is proud of me being gay. He gave me the alcohol shot cup with rainbow colors on it with "Vancouver". !

Why he all of suddenly nice to you? I wouldn't trust him. How
do you know if he put something in the drink? He probably pee in it.
:giggle:

How can that be related to gay bashing?!

I'm just saying it may not be gay bashing. It could be simply sibling
rivalry.

Sorry I still call my problem situation as a "gay bashing" because it is!

I thought gay bashing means hitting somebody.

Why he all of suddenly nice to you? I wouldn't trust him. How
do you know if he put something in the drink? He probably pee in it.
:giggle:

Umm okay, but that is when I was little, that is very long time ago. My brother had learn how to respect each other, right now I live with him and we are happy living together. I usually call him my "hero" because if I was in the fight or drama or whatever, he would come out of the window to help me. I know he love me and I love him as good brothers.

I'm just saying it may not be gay bashing. It could be simply sibling
rivalry.

Well sorry, this thread is for the gay bashing, if you want to talk about silbing rivalry then create your own thread somewhere else.

I thought gay bashing means hitting somebody.

How can "hitting someone" make you think it was gay bashing? *shaking my head* Gay bashing is when you yelling, abuse, violence, threatening, or even murder at someone involved with your attitude against the GLBT community.

Back