Any good products for the HAs that u reccommend a first time wearer of HAs to get

MVP262

Reaction score
Im getting my first pair of hearing aids in 3 weeks, thats if i go. btw the hearing aids are goin to be behind the ear.
And i am wandering is there any good products for the hearing aids and the wearer of the hearing aids, that u reccommend me getting.
That will be helpful, and useful for me.

Shygirl, that depends on your hearing first. The ha second. Pretty much all new ha's have t-coil in them, some just not active till put in that mode. The BTE models usually have t-coil enabled but DAI is better (direct audio input) because the sound goes directly into the hearing aid. There are a lot of things out there that can help you hear better in certain conditions.

Beyond Hearing Aids: hearing loss solutions | assistive listening devices (ALDs) | technical training/services to hearing professionals

Has a Hear Buddy that is DAI that plugs into a "boot" worn at the back of a BTE ha. It is just like a hands free device hearies wear with their cell phones, just connects to the ha. You can also find cords that will allow you to use the boot to plug into an mp3 player, but it is cheaper to go to Radio Shack and buy an adapter. You can also find helpers for the tv that those same cords will plug into so that you hear just the tv and not the surrounding sounds, but there you get pricey.

If you choose t-coil, this site can help with products...

http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/index.html?2024.html&1

As for phone calls if your hearing is to the level the you can't understand/hear phone conversations, check out IP-relay or your states phone relay service. Both services are free. With IP-relay, all you need is your pc or wireless device. With the phone relay, you need a special phone or separate machine. Most relay sites offer tutes to help you get started.

I hope this has helped???

Back