Any experience with ResoundAir?

oregonaj

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I'm new to this forum and am looking forward to the help and information available from all of you. My wife is considering a hearing aid to correct her high frequency hearing loss. We've seen one audiologist who recommended the new ResoundAir hearing aid. I'd very much appreciate and comments from those of you who have used it or have looked at it.

Thanks, Jim

I've never heard of ResoundAir, do you have a website or something with information about it?

Teekie said:
I've never heard of ResoundAir, do you have a website or something with information about it?

Teekie,

ResoundAir is quite new. You can find more information about it at this website <www.gnresound-group.com/>

As I understand it, it's a very small behind the ear device with an earpiece which allows air to pass through it thus avoiding "occusion". It's designed strictly for those with high frequency hearing loss and has features like directionality and feedback reduction etc. My wife liked it because it was practially invisible when she tried one on and she didn't have to look forward to her voice sounding strange when she talked. We're trying to get more information about it before deciding.

Congratulations on the upcoming addition to the family.

Jim

oregonaj said:
Teekie,

ResoundAir is quite new. You can find more information about it at this website <www.gnresound-group.com/>

As I understand it, it's a very small behind the ear device with an earpiece which allows air to pass through it thus avoiding "occusion". It's designed strictly for those with high frequency hearing loss and has features like directionality and feedback reduction etc. My wife liked it because it was practially invisible when she tried one on and she didn't have to look forward to her voice sounding strange when she talked. We're trying to get more information about it before deciding.

Congratulations on the upcoming addition to the family.

Jim
Interesting.. I never heard of it, will look up on that website..

and thanks :)

ResoundAir

I got a ResoundAir hearing aid about a month ago and I just love it! I have high frequency hearing loss and always felt left out of conversations since I misunderstood about half of what was being said. With the ResoundAir, I can't believe how much I was missing! Once I have it in, I forget that I'm wearing it. I have short hair with my ears exposed and it's barely noticeable at all. I found it a little pricey ($1800 Canadian), but it's worth every penny. Highly recommend it.

My wife liked it because it was practially invisible when she tried one on and she didn't have to look forward to her voice sounding strange when she talked. We're trying to get more information about it before deciding.
Jim, many of the hearing aid companies offer mini-BTEs that aren't as noticable as the regular sized ones. My best advice is to take advantage of the trial period and experiment with all sorts of aids. The thing is, nobody can really give you a honest opinon since hearing aids aren't a one size fits all dealie. Some people LOVE digital aids, some are simply satisfied with analogs and so on. You really have to experiement. Take me for example, I wore Siemens for years and years and could hear pretty well with them. Then my new audi hooked me up with a pair of Phonak Pico-Fortes....WOW!!!! Although these are analogs they sound so much better then my Siemens. However FlyFree (I think it was her) loves her Siemens aids. (and she's got a worse loss then me)

Back