Another cop killed the pet dog

CrazyPaul

Reaction score
Dog owner berates Salt Lake City police officers for shooting pet dead | Mail Online

Oh boy, who does the cop think he is? The dog owner was very upset so he made a video while confronting the cops. They had no right to search his backyard while the owner was not home. A lot of people are outraged because the cop killed the dog which was in the fenced backyard. The owner wants him fired. IA is investigating now.

My car was once rear ended at a stop sign and the cops came . My hearing dog Finlay was in the backseat and when a cop got too close to the car Finlay started to growl and I was thinking "Oh shit the cop is going to shot my dog!" I told Finlay to stop barking and to my surprise the cop said "That is OK he is going his job." The cops knew Finlay was my hearing dog but I thought my dog was goner for a second , b/c he was a big black standard poodle and I did not get his fur cut to made him look cute.

I think there I something wrong with my computer as it's taking too long to open up links so I was not able to read the story . I just read Reba post and I saw this repeat , that good another dog was not killed by a cop.

The difference between shooting someone and "just a dog" is probably a fine line for some cops and these are the cops we need to worry about. Unfortunately their training gets in the way of using common sense which they seem to check at the door when they become a cop.

Dog owners, is your dog a part of your family? I am sure all of you say YES!

That REALLY hurts when a cop shoots at your beloved dog.

I don't get what part the cops don't understand. Did you notice the cops were giggling in the video thinking nothing big is serious? *smh*

Reading this really angered me. And, you said the cops giggled that angered me more now.

Entering somebody's backyard WITHOUT a permission/warrant, and killing their dog in their way... Not ever using a taser (like Reba mentioned "thread title") and take a dog down without killing? Some cops have no heart...

Things like this has happened too many times everywhere and every day. Reading a new like that weakens my faith in humanity.

Another interesting aspect of this incident is the police were searching for a missing three year old. I would think you would start with a complete search of the child's house before moving to the surrounding neighbors to continue the search and this was obviously not done because the child was found asleep in his own basement. I too would be calling for the police officers job because it's obvious he is lacking key elements in reasoning abilities that would make him an effective police officer, namely, look in the obvious place or places first and then expand the search. You don't expand the search first and then narrow it down to the child's house later.

Shoot my Sable dog if you dare to, but be warned that will be a start of a war.
I bet he must have been really feeling threatened (trespassing like that).
The give these idiots guns and badges, then they think they can do anything (after all "they are the police").
As for them having common sense sorry guys. I read somewhere that only 4 percent of the world has common sense and 3% of that is us women.

Another interesting aspect of this incident is the police were searching for a missing three year old. I would think you would start with a complete search of the child's house before moving to the surrounding neighbors to continue the search and this was obviously not done because the child was found asleep in his own basement. I too would be calling for the police officers job because it's obvious he is lacking key elements in reasoning abilities that would make him an effective police officer, namely, look in the obvious place or places first and then expand the search. You don't expand the search first and then narrow it down to the child's house later.

You mean the missing kid never left his house and the parents did not check the whole house before calling 911. And an innocent dog was killed no damn reason. This is so horrible!

You mean the missing kid never left his house and the parents did not check the whole house before calling 911. And an innocent dog was killed no damn reason. This is so horrible!

Yes, the kid was asleep in the basement. The cops should have started with a thorough search of the kids house before going into the neighborhood. Like I said something is missing from today's police training, they seem to be trained to shoot to kill and that is about it. At one time i knew 13 active police officers and only a couple of them had any common sense, all admitted to me that they lied in court on a regular basis and a couple admitted they roughed up people just because they could. These cops in Salt Lake probably got a huge rush from shooting the dog and I love how whenever they shoot their gun they always felt threatened for their life. Where I live the police shot and killed a 13 year old kid something like 15 times because he had a BB gun and they felt their lives were in danger. It never enters their mind to back up and diffuse the situation and see if they can come away with a peaceful outcome. Like I said: no common sense.

Stories like these have been very common lately, and have angered me as well. The police I knew "look out for their own", yet obviously have no regard, compassion, and lack a civilian moral code anymore. Bullies with badges, and no longer care to protect citizens just harass them. Police states are here and will continue to grow unless proper action is taken. These "paid leave of absences" need to stop, and unpaid suspension needs to start.

The dog was growling and barking due to that the dog doesnt know the person and protect the property. How else does the dog do and how would they know it was the cop on the property. I was really pissed so bad. It is was my dog I would have yelled at them and take them to the court. requested training for them not to do again across the usa.

My little Anita was shot with a BB Gun by a neighbor who had been drinking and shooting at squirrels....When 2 people came to me and told me they had actually seen him do it, then I confronted him and not in a nice way!...The BB hit her rib and she was in pain...we didn't know what was wrong with her and she would not go out back for over a week...I took her out front. There were dead squirrels all over the yard!...He was angry they had been eating his bird feed....

He actually was crying when I got done with him...said he had locked up all his guns and was moving. I said good riddance! and threatened to call the Police if he did not follow through. He could not look me in the face after I got done with him.

My doggie is fine now. goes out back with no worries, but always we go with her. Seems the 4th of July fireworks made her very nervous this year after what happened to her tho'....

I would be in jail for assaulting a cop if it happened to my dog on my own property that is fenced in. My dog is my best friend and my world.

Back