Annoying sounds

MoonDrifter

Reaction score
What kind of sounds annoy you?

As some of you already know that I wear a CI, it's about 5am in the morning and I'm hearing chirping every 2 seconds. It's getting on my nerves!!!

There's complete silence around my room and I'm listening to the humming ventilations outside. In those intervals I hear "chkk chkk......chkk chkk.....chkk chkk"

Have you ever had to deal with this before?

*takes of CI*

:lol: No. I am up alone with free and natural ears, hearing aids in dry and store upstairs and quietly reading AD.

I don't hear anything at the moment. I feel the fan and my little dog's soft hair as she sits keeping me company.

Yesterday due to being tired from a busy day, I had titannus alll night while visiting my friend and brother. My HA is broken and is being repaired so that's my annoying sound for now.

With my HA on, not sure as I dont think too much about it.

I remember, I worn the hearing aids and I hated the sounds are chalks (writing on the blackboard) and the balloons. I found this very annoying. Grrrrrr.. LOL.

Now, I am without the HAs. I feel so peaceful and quiet. I like that. (I haven't worn the HAs since I was in 20's but I still can hear some sounds.)

Landline telephones ringing are the most annoying sound ever. Riiiiiiinnnnnng Riiiiinnnnnng Riiiiiiinnnnng STFU stupid telephone! That sound is very obnoxious and extremely difficult to ignore or tune out! But I turned off the ringer so that has solved the problem! When the telephone rings the sound overwhelms my brain. The only reason I have the landline phone is for my fiance to use to call his grandparents to check on them everyday whenever he's staying here - they're getting on in their years and so their health is a concern now. But he now has a cell phone so well we don't use the telephone anymore unless either of our cell phones work. Right now it's just turned off and unconnected for now.

I'm hearing, but there are sounds in the environment that I. just. cannot. stand. due to the fact that I'm extremely sound sensitive. Right now, my environment is loaded with sound. Our finches, the A/C, my computer HD.

Blah.

Lucia:

The telephone bothers me as well; in addition to the noises I listed above. Oh! The dog barking! YIKES!!!!

The Sonic Alert Alarm clock! I used to have.. With the loud blasting sound!

I do not have it anymore! :giggle:

I wonder why??? :whistle:

Well I don't hear now but i do know that i use to work with a lady that had the most horrific winey high pitch scratchy voice!!! every word was like eeeekkkk iiiicccckkk eeeeekkkk..... ahhhhh, my goodness the first time i visit w her after becoming deaf was best conversation we ever had. i laughed and told her jokingly it was so nice to not hear her voice! heheh, she bonked me on the head laughing! thank goodness she has great sence of humor!!!

My town blow a real loud horn every weekday at 12:30 PM ! The first time I heard the damn horn while down town I amost fell over backward! My hearing aids were really turned up so my head got blasted off! 22years later
I still jump when I heard the stupid horn! Micowaves beeping when done is another annoying sound!

I used to live a block from the train track in a small town. When the train horn blew, I jumped. All I have to do is to go without HA and problem is solved.

Hmm... there isn't any annoying sounds that I hate at the moment. :dunno:

I'm hearing, but there are sounds in the environment that I. just. cannot. stand. due to the fact that I'm extremely sound sensitive. Right now, my environment is loaded with sound. Our finches, the A/C, my computer HD.

Blah.

Lucia:

The telephone bothers me as well; in addition to the noises I listed above. Oh! The dog barking! YIKES!!!!

Ohhh yea that one too! I immediately turn my HA off when my dog goes into a barking rampage. Drives me nuts.

My hearing dog hate annoying sounds too! I woke up around 5:30 AM to find my dog wrapped around my head! We had lighing storm and the thunder
sacred the crap out of my dog! I bet it looked funny having a big poodle wrapped around your head! I told a friend what happen , and she told her grandson. He said I was wearing a Davie Crockett hat!

My screaming children! :giggle:

I absolutely hate those microphones that they use in stores. You know the ones that sound like WAW WAW WAWAW! Like the adults in the Peanuts shows. I couldn't understand them even when I still had more hearing. :laugh2:

My hearing dog hate annoying sounds too! I woke up around 5:30 AM to find my dog wrapped around my head! We had lighing storm and the thunder
sacred the crap out of my dog! I bet it looked funny having a big poodle wrapped around your head! I told a friend what happen , and she told her grandson. He said I was wearing a Davie Crockett hat!

:laugh2:

Car horns on a quiet street as your walking at 8am

I haven't heard any sounds for more than 3 years since my HAs are broken.....

Oh boy....just a few seconds ago my mom yelled my name and it hurt.

I have a CI!!!!

I like the tv volume low between 5-15, my mom likes it at 40-50. She said my name like it was 75. @_@

Oh boy....just a few seconds ago my mom yelled my name and it hurt.

I have a CI!!!!

I like the tv volume low between 5-15, my mom likes it at 40-50. She said my name like it was 75. @_@

:laugh2: oh I remember how my Dad would scream my name from bottom of the stairs because "apparently" I couldn't hear him from my bedroom upstairs if he calls my name from downstairs in normal tone. :giggle:

Back