annoyed with newbies and starting useless threads

Jabberwocky

Reaction score
Suggesting a feature that blocks new users from starting threads until they contributed ceratin number of posts ? They can only start one intro thread in the intro section thats it until certain number of posts have been contributed to show seriousness.

It gets tiresome seeing spammers posting about fake iDs everywhere, newbies who dont stick around more than 3 posts on threads they started that was so pointless or asking to practice asl everywhere on the forum. Or trolls asking weird questions. The relationships section with people starting threads that theyre single and looking is super annoying As most of them are newbies that dont stick around

Registering just to solicit for marriage proposals right off the bat does seem pretty odd. I thought the guy needed to polish up his sales pitch quite a bit to be effective. A minimum post count to create a new thread would definitely solve that problem. Along with any other drive-bys.

They would need to post in at least one thread in every subcategory before creating their own. :)

Id say they need at least 1000 posts before they can start a thread, just sayin...lol

Suggesting a feature that blocks new users from starting threads until they contributed ceratin number of posts ? They can only start one intro thread in the intro section thats it until certain number of posts have been contributed to show seriousness.

It gets tiresome seeing spammers posting about fake iDs everywhere, newbies who dont stick around more than 3 posts on threads they started that was so pointless or asking to practice asl everywhere on the forum. Or trolls asking weird questions. The relationships section with people starting threads that theyre single and looking is super annoying As most of them are newbies that dont stick around

Hai!!! Will you practice ASL with me on Skype pweaseeee?!?!? :D LOL

I agree with your post ... maybe leave the intro thread open only to start a thread and set the rest up like PM's are have a set amount of posts before it can be used.

Registering just to solicit for marriage proposals right off the bat does seem pretty odd. I thought the guy needed to polish up his sales pitch quite a bit to be effective. A minimum post count to create a new thread would definitely solve that problem. Along with any other drive-bys.

Your still a nOOb slick you ain't seen nothing yet! :nana:

I don't know about you, but I love the idea of potentially meeting the new love of my life off one randomly high standard post, with nothing about themselves, a picture that probably isn't them and contradictory standards! It makes me steamy! I also enjoy the idea of practicing ASL with every single ASL student on the face of the PLANET as well as helping them with their last minute projects!!! :thumb: :D IT'S WHAT I LIVE FOR!!!

I don't know about you, but I love the idea of potentially meeting the new love of my life off one randomly high standard post, with nothing about themselves, a picture that probably isn't them and contradictory standards! It makes me steamy! I also enjoy the idea of practicing ASL with every single ASL student on the face of the PLANET as well as helping them with their last minute projects!!! :thumb: :D IT'S WHAT I LIVE FOR!!!

Well then , you have come to the right place to make your dreams come true!!

Id say they need at least 1000 posts before they can start a thread, just sayin...lol
Yeah but then they would post 1,000 nonsense posts in a couple days just to meet the quota.

mostly you get bleeding heart stories they so fake...it easy to see a spammer

Yeah but then they would post 1,000 nonsense posts in a couple days just to meet the quota.

True. On some other forums I belong to, they have a 5 post minimum before you can start a thread and you often see someone posting saying, "I'm just posting to get my 5 so I can start a thread." Annoying one way or the other.

It be nice to have filters for Join Date and Posts. I'd love to search for new posts by people with a join date before Jan 2014 or something like that. I'd hate to keep them from posting to the correct place, because that will get annoying too. And sadly I must admit some of the flame threads do get funny.

Well then , you have come to the right place to make your dreams come true!!

attachment.php

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!! One day, she will be mine!!!

:laugh2: :rofl:

Back