Angry Deaf Man

brotheryellow

Reaction score
Hello, I posted on my blog here it is called Angry Deaf Man about how I really feel sometimes. I wrote this last year, but finally got the nerve to share it. and I hope that you can know that you are not alone in how you feel. The internet has helped me by letting me see others who write about their frustrations. thanks

Hello, I posted on my blog here it is called Angry Deaf Man about how I really feel sometimes. I wrote this last year, but finally got the nerve to share it. and I hope that you can know that you are not alone in how you feel. The internet has helped me by letting me see others who write about their frustrations. thanks

I enjoyed reading your article. I watched some of the comments that the speaker was saying about the deaf people with others of their own diversities in the video. Some he said the truth. But the article is the best one that would make me feel angry at the hearing society. I agree with you. :cool2:

yeah Andrew Solomon is awesome. His video emboldened me to post what I wrote a year ago. He was saying how parents dont accept their kids who are different, and all my life I thought it was just me not being good enough. But the issue is that i am simply Deaf, and that is ok. Society needs to change, not me.

hello.. new here.. but had a long experience with the world myself as well.. but im not so fed up in such way. I learned how to deal with it.. like for example.. .. if someone didnt get me.. i sprinkle this talent on how they have to understand me.. if i'm waving karate they never will and but fear my message. So what i do is purely rapport. You cannot demand another culture to abide by your struggles. Its entirely up to you, to come with solutions not problems.. that is the key.. nuff said.

Brotheryellow, very well written. You hit the spot! I feel the same way too and so is many of us as well I'm sure. I remember thinking in the past how I felt that my problem was society, not me. Yes exactly!

Recently I realized on how if you are not born different, you have to pay for it. Born deaf/Hoh? Have to buy hearing aids, vibrating alarm and so forth. Born without legs? Buy artificial legs. Born blind? Have to buy special books, etc...you get the idea. Now if you are born without disability, you don't have to pay. Makes me think on how we have to pay for our so-called flaws to accommodate the 'perfect' society.

Thanks for posting it for us to read. Excellent read!

Not sure how can "overcome" not having "much thinking capacity" to the alleged "perfect human being"? which "exists in computers only"?

Aside: I became bilateral DEAF December 20, 2006. As noted in previous comments obviously disagree with "some of the above comments"!

I am not "angry at hearing persons" because of my S N hearing loss. I have no reason for such actions!

Last edited:
Back