Amtrak Crash Kills 5 In Colorado

That sounds like Southwest Chief route from LA to Chicago.

Please slow down and look for the train at the crossing if there is no crossing gate or signal.

800px-Amtrak_Southwest_Chief.jpg

Another note... if you do get "stuck" on the tracks when the 'arms'/barriers come down... FLOOR the car and GO anyway. Those are designed to break on impact for that reason (that's why they were designed that way- Amtrak wants you safe). Learned that from my relative who worked for Amtrak for just about 30 years.

Of course you also should be looking and making sure that you aren't stuck between two cars anyway with no way out other than to get your ass out of the car...!

Yes, it was the Sourhwest Chief heading to LA.

I heard this was on a dirt road with no signals or gates just the RR sign.

Very sad.
A young family. One four-year- old girl survived.

That sounds like Southwest Chief route from LA to Chicago.

Please slow down and look for the train at the crossing if there is no crossing gate or signal.

800px-Amtrak_Southwest_Chief.jpg

It is first time for me to see railroad without crossing gate, it should be common in remote area in western states.

Very sad.
A young family. One four-year- old girl survived.

Yes, it is. :(

It looks like she will be raised by grandparents or different relatives.

It is first time for me to see railroad without crossing gate, it should be common in remote area in western states.
We have many ungated train crossings in SC. We cross a couple of them on our way to our outdoor shooting range.

We have many ungated train crossings in SC. We cross a couple of them on our way to our outdoor shooting range.

I looked on Google Map and found one road with ungated train crossing in our county and they require you to stop completely and looking for train before go.

I looked on Google Map and found one road with ungated train crossing in our county and they require you to stop completely and looking for train before go.
That's what we do.

That's what we do.

Oh I see, I didn't know that, but I never crossed or encountered the ungated crossing railroad during 10 years of driving.

Thanks to you and Calvin for warning.

Oh I see, I didn't know that, but I never crossed or encountered the ungated crossing railroad during 10 years of driving.

Thanks to you and Calvin for warning.
Most of the ungated crossings are in rural areas.

Most of the ungated crossings are in rural areas.

No wonder, most of time, I drive in urban and suburb, that why, also I take interstate freeway for rural area.

That's so sad.

Maybe it's time to upgrade those railroads and trains? But, I realize it'll cost greatly...

That's so sad.

Maybe it's time to upgrade those railroads and trains? But, I realize it'll cost greatly...

Sadly yes. Congress keeps monkeying with the Amtrak budget every year and within Amtrak itself the push around the money too. Back about 15-20 years ago middle management was bloated big time in my aunt's department- I don't know if it still is- wouldn't surprise me.

Sadly yes. Congress keeps monkeying with the Amtrak budget every year and within Amtrak itself the push around the money too. Back about 15-20 years ago middle management was bloated big time in my aunt's department- I don't know if it still is- wouldn't surprise me.

Wow, what is wrong with all nothing congress? :(

Wow, what is wrong with all nothing congress? :(

Same thing as always- they want to find ways to divert money to themselves and/or to their 'special interests'. I guess public transportation is not high on their list.

Same thing as always- they want to find ways to divert money to themselves and/or to their 'special interests'. I guess public transportation is not high on their list.

I'm unable to drive anymore and they don't care about public transportation!!! Oh wow!!!

Back