Amish horse team rescues trucker

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score

A semi-tractor trailer milk tanker got caught in a snow drift in Millersburg (Ohio) in Amish country.

3 Belgian draft horses, a Clydesdale and an experienced Amish man pull the tanker out.

A semi-tractor trailer milk tanker got caught in a snow drift in Millersburg (Ohio) in Amish country.

3 Belgian draft horses, a Clydesdale and an experienced Amish man pull the tanker out.

Those horses are huge. Much bigger than regular horses.

Wow, strong horses! Looks like the horses pulled around 16,000 lbs because they weren't pulling the trailer along with the truck, just the truck itself since the trailer didn't really move much. Did you also notice a mouse running across the road in that video?

Last edited:
Wow, strong horses! Looks like the horses pulled around 16,000 lbs because they weren't pulling the trailer along with the truck, just the truck itself since the trailer didn't really move much. Did you also notice a mouse running across the road in that video?

Yep, I saw the mouse running close to their hoofs across the roads into the snowbank. The horses got skitty by the mouse but became calm after that. Also I notice that the big horses tried to pull the semi trailer, but the ice was making them slippery. I am glad that the Amish guy tried to help the semi truck driver out. Very strong horses. :thumb: :cool2:

Yep, I saw the mouse running close to their hoofs across the roads into the snowbank. The horses got skitty by the mouse but became calm after that. Also I notice that the big horses tried to pull the semi trailer, but the ice was making them slippery. I am glad that the Amish guy tried to help the semi truck driver out. Very strong horses. :thumb: :cool2:

Yeah, that was pretty good capture of a mouse...which surprised me a mouse would survive in snowy winters.

You are good to catch mouse on video!

I had to look at the video again. I saw it this time. Now I know why the horses were skittish for abit. Good eye!

Yeah, that was pretty good capture of a mouse...which surprised me a mouse would survive in snowy winters.

I know mice do get around in the winter time. I used to see their tracks as they made toward the next door... the renters there were very messy.

That 'mouse' was about the size of a man's foot.

That 'mouse' was about the size of a man's foot.

I thought the rat is bigger than the mouse. I don't believe that the mouse would be the size of a foot unless you have smaller foot. My feet is big for an old, fat woman. :lol:

Good job by the horses in spite of the rodent, :lol: The horses looked like they might be Percherons....

Semi got owned by 4 horses and an Amish man. :D Priceless.

Back