America’s deadliest interstate is in Georgia, study says

Seriously, I rather to drive in snowy road in DC over GA/AL.

AL and GA don't have plows, also salt is rare.

There is so much salt used on the roads here , there an ad on TV reminding people to wash their cars off . I am not looking forward to winter.

The rare times we have snow here they either close the roads and bridges and/or sprinkle sand on them. No plows, no salt.

The rare times we have snow here they either close the roads and bridges and/or sprinkle sand on them. No plows, no salt.

Here they just close everything to discourage people from driving... But it snows so rarely that it is a none issue... And when it does most often it does not stick and almost never does it stick on the roads

There is so much salt used on the roads here , there an ad on TV reminding people to wash their cars off . I am not looking forward to winter.

Salt is better than close the roads and paralyze the economy.

Sad, Gally doesn't have easy access to water hose to wash the salt off - that why I prefer to own a property and have access to water hose.

The snow is rare in Alabama too but ALDOT is starting to use salt after too many school closed and slow sales so they want people to get around instead of stay at home, also reduce the collisions too.

Last winter was had driving and parking bans b/c of all the snow we got ! People had to be off the road or they would get a ticket . Some of the snow banks in my yard were over 6 ft. high .

@ Foxrac , we can't wash our cars at my condo . When I first moved here I was washing mine and was told not to wash it anymore . I know we need to put salt down , a lot people don't wash their car b/c it will only get salt on it the next day.

My deaf friend died in car accident in Atlanta. Drunk driver went wrong way on highway and drove head on into her car. It was unexpected.

Seeing as how I've been in the atlanta metro area since 2002 I'm not surprised at that. One item I find annoying is that just about every time it rains there's a major accident. You would think people will slow down a little or stop tailgating so much but nope everyone still goes too fast even with slippery roads.

Same issue in Alabama too - the drivers are getting more aggressive now because we have many midwesterners and northeasterners move to Alabama (even South Carolina too) to retire in our state. The house price in Arizona, Nevada and New Mexico are getting more expensive as more people steer to Alabama and Georgia to retire. It will be big time after I-22/I-65 interchange opens this spring.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/01/lanes_closures_and_roadblocks.html

Back