Amazon streaming now captioned?

pixiestix

Reaction score
I was looking thru and noticed some now have cc .. but I have not tried it out yet...

Anyone here tried it? Let me know, thanks or I will test it myself later on! :)

Thank God for FCC's new law. However, the article mentioned that not all of them are captioned. DVD/BD/VOD are still better.

Last edited:
just got off the phone with the digital department of amazon (luckily my right ear has 8% hearing left since my left ear is 100% deaf) and currently they said about 1,7200 titles have closed captions. They have a LONNNNG way to go since they have a large amount of movies/tvshows/etc than netflix, hulu, etc.

it's finally great to read that amazon is finally starting to add closed captioning because I was not going to renew my amazon prime membership next month which is when it ends for me.

but amazon should of fixed this problem years ago since they have thousands of employees.

just got off the phone with the digital department of amazon (luckily my right ear has 8% hearing left since my left ear is 100% deaf) and currently they said about 1,7200 titles have closed captions. They have a LONNNNG way to go since they have a large amount of movies/tvshows/etc than netflix, hulu, etc.

it's finally great to read that amazon is finally starting to add closed captioning because I was not going to renew my amazon prime membership next month which is when it ends for me.

but amazon should of fixed this problem years ago since they have thousands of employees.
Really? Amazon has more stuffs than others? Anyway FCC's new law just became effective last Sept.

Actually, Netflix just bought the rights to all Disney films. Amazon does have a good offering though and you can get discounts through them as well with that account. I'm on the fence, I'll wait to see who is better then I'll switch.

What infuriates me is that cable should be giving me this service with my cable account. I shouldn't need either netflix or amazon.

Actually, Netflix just bought the rights to all Disney films. Amazon does have a good offering though and you can get discounts through them as well with that account. I'm on the fence, I'll wait to see who is better then I'll switch.

What infuriates me is that cable should be giving me this service with my cable account. I shouldn't need either netflix or amazon.

Totally forgot about the netflix / disney deal. Either way I have both netflix and amazon since I ditched cable a LONG time ago. I honestly believe more and more people will be ditching cable in the future since cable offers more commercials than actual shows. Nowadays I have a list of movies/tv shows that I need to watch and finish because there is sooooo much! Cable is just a waste of money in my opinion because browsing through channels via cable is just a waste of time, I end up re-watching the same movies or tv shows which is dumb. I'd rather wait a few years or longer if I want to watch another show or movie I really enjoyed. It took me about 3 weeks to get used to not having cable but after that it was amazing! Now I don't have to wait every single week for a new episode on a new favorite show I like, now I simply wait for the season to end and the show will eventually pop up on netflix or amazon. I then watch the entire season in the span of 1-3 days. You also start to realize you have more time in you're hands because you're not sitting on the couch, browsing through boring channels with commercials, hoping something will pop up, etc. But most importantly I am saving money and time because it sure beats sitting on the couch while watching commercials!

Deaf and hard of hearing consumer groups accuse Amazon of not captioning streaming videos in compliance with the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act

Amazon accused of noncompliance with video captioning rules | ITworld

cvaa_compliance_2.jpg

Deaf and hard of hearing consumer groups accuse Amazon of not captioning streaming videos in compliance with the 21st Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act

Amazon accused of noncompliance with video captioning rules | ITworld

cvaa_compliance_2.jpg

even though amazon is already "hard at work" on getting as many movies/tv shows closed captioning as soon as possible, they should of done this YEARS ago. it is ridiculous that alot of the new movies don't even support CC. Hell, even the Sony video store via PS3 doesn't have closed captions support which has been out for 6 years now lol.

In other news, Fox, Warner Bros, and Summit, in addition to Universal will lose even more $$$ since people will pirate. Just look at this ridiculous deal between HBO and Hollywood (facepalm)

HBO Inks Exclusive, 10-Year Deal With Universal To Keep Content Out Of Netflix’s Hands | TechCrunch

When will these idiots learn??? This will just generate even more loss of sales and pirating will even increase because of this stupid contract. I know quite a few people that would PAY good money to purchase and download/rent Games Of Thrones episodes but since HBO doesn't like $$$ I guess they don't mind people pirating games of thrones. Hell, even Games of Thrones is the most pirated tv show of all time in 2012.

Most pirated TV shows 2012: 'Game of Thrones,' 'Dexter' tops | Inside TV | EW.com

also this is relevant thanks to theoatmeal.com
I tried to watch Game of Thrones and this is what happened - The Oatmeal

Tetris911, good choice. If Comcast cable offered Streampix included to it's internet only customers, there might be some worth in it. If it wasn't for the speed, I'd give up cable internet for another option as well.

I must admit, Hulu does a good job with caption, just turn it on in your preferences.

I know quite a few people that would PAY good money to purchase and download/rent Games Of Thrones episodes but since HBO doesn't like $$$ I guess they don't mind people pirating games of thrones. Hell, even Games of Thrones is the most pirated tv show of all time in 2012.

You might check out your local librarys

I can search mine from home, search all my areas librarys, put a hold on and have sent to my nearest branch for pickup and so I spend nothing on DVD's I have watched ALL the GOT seasons but the newest (not on DVD yet) at no cost via my library...the local librarys together have thousands of DVDs for lending :)

Amazon has offered caption for awhile but my issue is I was never able to get captions using my PS3/Amazon Prime app.

I've had Amazon Prime for over 2 years now and up till yesterday, I streamed only foreign movies w/ embedded English subtitles on my PS3 because I could only access CC movies while on my desktop.

Last night while watching a movie on my Playstation, I accidentally accessed a movies Closed Captioning menu to my surprise! I started to look more thoroughly and apparently Amazon now does stream movies to PS3 with captions! This is new to me because I've attempted multiple times to get captions to load to no avail. I'm super excited about this and intend on taking full advantage of Prime.

I'm planning on re-watching the entire The Wonder Years series and various other shows and movies. I'm not 100% sure what is and what is not captioned. I watch ONLY movies that are free. So that limits me to quite a bit but I can confirm Downtown Abbey, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, The Wonder Years, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Jericho, Man Vs Wild, Ducktales, Firefly, Roswell, Sherlock, The Office (UK) are FREE for Prime users and captioned,

Amazon added AirPlay support to its Instant Video apps for iOS devices and now it's pushed simultaneous updates to make it better. Both apps now support multitasking (the Instant Video app notes iOS 6+ is required, with AirPlay Mirroring disabled).

Amazon's Instant Video apps for iOS improve AirPlay support, let users multitask

Can use Apple CC custom on Apple TV to watch Amazon Instant Video movies?

Back