Amazon screwed me again with inaccurate info

wilykat

Reaction score
A few months ago I had problem with Robotech set. They ate the return shipping and gave me full refund but oddly they have never fixed the error in description.

This time it's with Digimon set. I got the 4 season box set because Amazon had listed it as English subtitled. I tried them on my DVD player.
Season 1, disc 1 to 4, 8, season 2 disc 1 and 8, season 3, disc 1 and 3, and finally season 4, diac 1 and 8.

NO SUBTITLE!!! But... but Amazon listed it having English subtitle?? :eek3:

When I checked them on my computer with random discs, I found that season 2, 3, and 4 do have closed captioning (so I need to switch my DVD player to 480i to make it work properly since CC isn't well supported via 720 or 1080 component, some TV and DVD player often don't play nice) Season 1 has absolutely no subtitle track and no CC track. :shock: That's like selling a car with only 3 tires and no way to add a 4th one to make it usable.

Amazon- why must you cause grief for the Deaf? :roll: I guess it's back to only having illegal download of fansubbed shows since it won't waste my time and tie up my money on wild goose chase with false subtitle claims.

As a frequent Amazon customer, I have no issues with them. One time I had a damaged content, contacted them and got prompt refund and return shipping label.

I've ordered several DVDs thru them, never had any problems. I have Netflix and I rent movies to be sure it has caption or subtitles before I buy it if I like the movies.

If you really want that badly - let me find my Robotech DVDs and I'll sell it to you. They're all subtitled...

Sounds like you got it from someone else that was not directly affiliated with Amazon.

Everything you see on Amazon isn't directly from Amazon. They have sellers that sell and ship products from home.

Another possibility is that you probably got an older version of the same title that didn't have subtitles/captions and the website was referring to a newer version?

It could be for many reasons.

I remember renting Time Bandits from Blockbuster on DVD. It wasn't captioned. A few years later, they came out with a newer version and was supposed to be captioned. Nope. Then again a few years later. Finally, a couple months ago... I got my hands on a version that had subtitles! Whew! :)

Back