Amazing TV advert

Raging Quiet

Reaction score
Hello, sorry I havent been online here for a while, internet has not been working here at my new place! Works now tho yay!

Anyway I love this advert, its so true...

Ad-Awards

At the end it says "The world can be very hard when it is not designed for you"

That's really good! it makes a lot of sense when the guy that could see opened the book and it was written in brail. It makes ppl think otherwise - i love it thanx for posting that!

What... the... hell... !?

If only it was in English! :(

Other than that, it looks good. :)

Raging Quiet said:
...Anyway I love this advert, its so true...

Ad-Awards

At the end it says "The world can be very hard when it is not designed for you"
Good point!

Clever! I especially loved the part where the guy is slip-sliding trying to walk down the ramp. :)

As for why it's not in English, I think it's for a French company. ;)

WOW!! Excellent point!! It's a very, very powerful message to hearing people. It gives hearing people better understanding of how disability people feel. WOW!! so powerful!! Thank you very much for sharing this with us!

WOW!!

Momoftwo :)

Excellent ad! Thanks for posting.

I wish the guy at the bank had repeated himself using bigger, exaggerated signs the way hearing people talk louder when they find out they're talking to a deaf person. :D

LOL, that woulda been perfect!

BTW--the very night I made that post in the thread, about that guy who went sliding down the ramp, I managed to fall on the stairs in a theater. They weren't very clearly marked...

Interpretrator said:
Excellent ad! Thanks for posting.

I wish the guy at the bank had repeated himself using bigger, exaggerated signs the way hearing people talk louder when they find out they're talking to a deaf person. :D
That would be nice... but remember, commercials have time limits. ;)

hah, that was brill :)

the college where I'm taking ASL classes had "Deaf Deaf World" and they took over the cafeteria for a day and set up a "deaf world" with restaurants and banks and fake money and even a police station/jail. You were "arrested" for using voice, and you had to stay in jail (for maybe 10-15 minutes) and go to court and then pay a fine (with real dollars!) .. and then you had to get a "cochlear unplant" (they had a clinic where you went through the "procedure" of having your cochlea removed--which meant getting cotton in your ears :)) Everything was written in the manual alphabet font, too. Then there was a "natural disaster" and we all went and watched the newscast .. which was in sign, and of course, there were no captions (due to the fact that it was an emergency) .. afterwards, some of the deaf teachers came up and told stories about their experiences of being deaf in a hearing world

it was very interesting, very enlightening.

Clever...but I hope the people who were fined got at least some of their money back in the end! That is, unless the people running this asked permission to keep it.

travisdoesmath said:
...the college where I'm taking ASL classes had "Deaf Deaf World" and they took over the cafeteria for a day and set up a "deaf world" with restaurants and banks and fake money and even a police station/jail. ..
Ah yes, I've participated in "Deaf, Deaf World", too! I loved the "natural disaster" broadcast. You should have seen the people scatter--some ran from the disaster, some towards it!

Back