Am i the only one that hates their hearing aids?

Yes, that's what i was saying. I meant to type that more in depth but i was cooking dinner.
Oh, I'm sorry. I hope you find a fix asap. I think its just nuts, that you need an Audi to turn it on?! What ever happened to popping in a battery and you are good to go?

Oh, I'm sorry. I hope you find a fix asap. I think its just nuts, that you need an Audi to turn it on?! What ever happened to popping in a battery and you are good to go?
Whatever happened to those hearing aids you can make squeal, then you say "Gotta go, I am wanted at the hospital"? :D

I can relate. I have a high frequency deafness. I wear my hearing aids when I go out and to work, but at home I take them off. I like the quiet. My new aids amplify all the sounds that I didn't hear so I can hear them now. My thought is that is good for interacting with the hearing world but when I am home and not in that world, take them off, let my ears breathe again. You do need time to adapt, that is to get used to the new hearing aids. My good audiologist said some aids are just too powerful, and that can create a problem too when you are not used to hearing all that rackus. Getting the aid that works for you requires an audiologist who understands so that it is not so overwhelming. Not all do, some are just geared up to make a sale.

I am aware. for me it is a double edged sword. on the one hand I like them when they help but hate them when I don't need them. I also don't like to wear them on dates (which I luckily don't have to do any more)

Back