Am i the only one that hates their hearing aids?

Then get you audi to turn them down. He can also lower the amplification on the frequencies which irritate you. Gradually he can then turn them up. Simple. Just because the tuning matches your audiogram profile doesn't mean that they are perfectly tuned.

True that. It's good to be able to get R.E.M. testing with new hearing aids. Or when your hearing changes which causes changes to the freqs your HAs are set at. I had this done with an older pair of HAs and my audi was able to line up the settings with the R.E.M. and eliminate some bass I was getting.

R.E.M. - Real Ear Measurement - they put a mic into the hear and then the HA and the mic picks up what is being delivered. So it shows if the HA is delivering what you need.

f9e7c206f48449f7ae867d5e5fcae25e--send-text-drunk-quotes.jpg

Are you talking abt the "As Seen On TV" HAs? :)

Nope... I had a pair of hearing aids that didn't have any volume controls... which was strange to me and hated it... went back to volume controls- the wheel kind... had the "beep beep beep" push button volume control too.. pain in the arse.

Are you talking abt the "As Seen On TV" HAs? :)
:laugh2:

They are talking about selling HA's over-the-counter set up so that the customer can adjust to their own liking. No audiologist-- no nothing. But those OTC HA's won't be the kind we use, for some reason. :cool2:

Last edited:
The Oticon Nera Pro 2 doesn't have volume control. IDK what the developers think i need volume control. Im taking this as a learning experience as its my first HA.

The Oticon Nera Pro 2 doesn't have volume control. IDK what the developers think i need volume control. Im taking this as a learning experience as its my first HA.
That was one of your first problems in getting used to them. I have Starkeys. The rocker switch on my left has three settings, normal, fan suppression, and telecoil. The rocker switch on my right has volume control. I have said before that mine are physically set up as if for a person with a more severe loss, because feedback suppression is almost as bad as feedback itself.

Is there really not a volume control? When I look up this model, although there is only a single button, it said it for both programs and volume manual control.

Is there really not a volume control? When I look up this model, although there is only a single button, it said it for both programs and volume manual control.
It may need to be programmed by the audiologist

Erika, If it's a BTE it has a volume control but it probably hasn't been activated by your audiologist. On your next visit ask them to turn it on.

Back