Am I Gonna Be Alone Forever?

whatislife

So uh a bit about me, I'm almost 30 and I never had a girlfriend and because of communication issues I never managed to kiss a girl. Yep, I live in a cold world and I'm pretty much used to being ignored and people pretend I don't exist.

Is there anything I can do, or should I just kill myself?

Thanks

AlleyCat

If you are thinking of killing yourself, get yourself to an ER immediately or call 911. They can also offer you therapy resources.

ricas27

Try not sound like or look like you are already in relationship or married. People in 30's mostly they think others are in relationship, married, or had kids.

Jezie

When you start to think of suicide it is time to seek professional help, not a forum... I wish you well

MonikaHoH

Seek help.

I have barely dated and I'm 26. It's honestly not the end of the world. I've dated one man and it didn't even last a year. Dating isn't that exciting and you aren't missing much. It's like when I turned 25 and thought I was going to die a virgin. I didn't ... I'm still a virgin and I'm sure I will be able to find love.

Keep hope alive. Be positive and put yourself out there. Be more social even if you can only be social with people in the deaf community.

whatislife

Seek help.

I have barely dated and I'm 26. It's honestly not the end of the world. I've dated one man and it didn't even last a year. Dating isn't that exciting and you aren't missing much. It's like when I turned 25 and thought I was going to die a virgin. I didn't ... I'm still a virgin and I'm sure I will be able to find love.

Keep hope alive. Be positive and put yourself out there. Be more social even if you can only be social with people in the deaf community.
I just read this, this cheered me up a bit from a book:

"The British philosopher John Stuart Mill once observed that the best way to avoid being depressed is to avoid being self-absorbed. The only people who are happy, he wrote, are those “who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness: on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind, even on some art or pursuit followed not as a means, but as itself an ideal end. Aiming at something else, they find happiness by the way.”

whatislife

Ok well I decided to create a goal - ask out as many girls as I can this year when I go back to school. Hopefully it will go well.

Snowball

Seek help.

You made me laugh :)

When I was a hearing person I had so many female friends that there was no need to keep begging for a date. When I turned 20 I appeared with hearing loss and all that socializing came to an end. It seems that being disabled will have a great impact in your life. Less communication = less friends = less opportunities in your life. Nonetheless, I lost so many chances in my life simply for having lost my hearing, but all these "failures" made me to focus on my inner ego and discover another (good) human being inside of me. Sometimes, things that are seen as obstacles and failures become factors to a new vision of yourself.

MonikaHoH

You made me laugh :)

When I was a hearing person I had so many female friends that there was no need to keep begging for a date. When I turned 20 I appeared with hearing loss and all that socializing came to an end. It seems that being disabled will have a great impact in your life. Less communication = less friends = less opportunities in your life. Nonetheless, I lost so many chances in my life simply for having lost my hearing, but all these "failures" made me to focus on my inner ego and discover another (good) human being inside of me. Sometimes, things that are seen as obstacles and failures become factors to a new vision of yourself.
Online dating? I guess it depends on how you communicate for that to work since you have to meet the person at some point. I've actually only told one guy dated with that I have a hearing loss. I feel like unless I'm Deaf, it's not something I want to share up front. I think it's a personal thing to share and I feel like there needs to be trust for me to share that. People have made rude remarks so I don't feel like it's something I want to share with everyone.

I have always been more of the anti-social butterfly so it didn't really effect me. I have pretty much the same friends that I always had. I may make a friend a year.

Have you lost all of your hearing?

I think you are right obstacles and failures become factors into a new vision. Some people see things as a failure or something that is normal, but it's a win for me. Being able to attend a class and pass all the part of the class without being accommodated (although I requested it) is a win for me. It also made me more determined to advocate for myself.

Snowball

friend a year.

Have you lost all of your hearing?
I hear a lot of things, since English is a foreign language to me... that had made things worse, i.e. more difficult for my ears/tongue to get adjusted to the new language.

I mostly keep studying and writing, that's all my pleasure in my new life :)

Snowball

I just wish I had someone to love, but unfortunately that's impossible
If love/relationship is all what you long for, there are solutions. You can look for foreign/emigrant/minority/disabled women. They probably will show more understanding toward your condition. Moving to a big city is an option too. The most easy thing in a big city is to date someone. You should set your own priorities. If relationship comes first, then act accordingly.... (so many women out there looking for American guys :)

Agent X

Online dating?
My opinion: Don't.

I just read a story where two people met through online dating site, and the woman (yes, I said woman) brought 3 guys with her to the 2nd or 3rd date.. I think...? And these 4 people robbed the house, stole anything of value, then on top of that... one of the robbers shot and killed the person whose date was a man. His daughter was in the house, also.

The woman only got paid $50 for the "assist."

So, recap: You never know what will happen in an online date.

Last edited:

Coolio

My opinion: Don't.

I just read a story where two people met through online dating site, and the woman (yes, I said woman) brought 3 guys with her to the 2nd or 3rd date.. I think...? And these 4 people robbed the house, stole anything of value, then on top of that... one of the robbers shot and killed the person whose date was a man. His daughter was in the house, also.

The woman only got paid $50 for the "assist."

So, recap: You never know what will happen in an online date.
That's not just dating.. Online in general. Here in Toronto we had a string of online crimes where people would reply to ads on kijiji and go rob the people selling stuff.. Even a few years ago two men killed a guy after "meeting to test drive the truck he was selling on kijiji" now saying all that I have 2 cousins and 3 friends who have met their significant others online. Two couples are already married and buying houses/having babies.. My opinion is you might meet a crazy anywhere.. Online, at the library, at the bar.. Or you might meet your dream person.. It's always a gamble.