AllDeaf's Biggest Loser

I have officially lost the 5 pounds I gained over the holidays... and in only one and a half weeks. :) 2 more pounds until I get back to my 12 pound loss. :)

Way to go!

I swam 50 laps yesterday at the local pool. Felt so good. I havent weighed myself in a while. Maybe next week.

I am dropping my weight loss group. I will still keep up with the weight loss and keep track for myself, but I just can't see paying the money for a weight loss group when I can't follow along and I get nothing out of it. They do not try to make any concession for my hearing loss and continue to talk behind my back or cover their mouth when talking. I have put up with it since July 2009 and have decided it's just not worth it anymore.

That being said, I stepped on my scale today and I am 3 pounds less than a week ago. That means I only have 77 more to go. I have dropped 3 clothing sizes in the last 6 months. I now do not have to buy "women's" sizes. Yay!!!

Okay guys and gals -

I got back into my walking routine today. I was armed with my cane (single foot). Tomorrow I will use the quad foot as I had a few problems. Hubby and I walked for 2 miles with a break after the first mile. My daughter has also managed to unpack my step for arobics (sp). I have also unpacked my Excer-Bands as well as my small weights. So I get to exercise again in a chair. (leg is getting stronger)

Did my measurements yesterday, I have lost 6 inches in my bust size, 8 inches in my waist, and 10 inches in my hips.

Stepping on my scale today, showed another 2 pounds lost for this week since Monday.

My weight loss group is very upset that I dropped and is trying to find a way to work with me to get me to stay. We shall see.

Ever since school started back I've been a bit off track. I'm usually too busy with schoolwork to workout! I may have resort to my backup plan to get the job done.....

I did not rejoin the weight loss group as they still are not trying to make me feel included. Out of the 15 people, only 2 came up, tapped me on the shoulder, and waved hello. They asked a few questions, but wrote them down, but once the meeting started they had to sit back down. The leader never once said anything to me. Well, that's okay - I can do this without their help.

Well - who needs the weight loss group?!! I just got off my scale and I have lost another 5 pounds over the last 2 weeks.

My hubby is really noticing and commenting on how much I lost. None of my clothes I brought with me from Missouri in June 2009 fit anymore. They are all too big!! I can't afford to buy new clothes, so it's a good thing I know how to do alterations and have a sewing machine. Got a lot of work ahead of me, but it's worth it.

Total lost since June 2009? - a whopping 37 pounds!!!

Great threat and congrats on the weight loss and for trying to lose the weight!

I'm 5'7" tall and my doctor wants me to get down to 140 and I totally agree. I gave birth to my 2nd child on August 2009 and at the scale of 193. My current weight is 166 so it's coming down SLOWLY.

I eat mostly protein, veggies and fruits. I cheat once sometimes twice a week. I think I hit a plateau right now. I have a needy baby who's teething right now, but seems to be calmer and I might be able to get on the treadmill starting next Monday. As of now I have sciatic nerve on my lower right back which p*ssed me off. Ugh. Patience, patience.

So, you guys... good luck and keep up with the good work!!! Even if you gained then that's okay. Be patient and start over the next day. That's what I do. :cool2:

Great threat and congrats on the weight loss and for trying to lose the weight!

I'm 5'7" tall and my doctor wants me to get down to 140 and I totally agree. I gave birth to my 2nd child on August 2009 and at the scale of 193. My current weight is 166 so it's coming down SLOWLY.

I eat mostly protein, veggies and fruits. I cheat once sometimes twice a week. I think I hit a plateau right now. I have a needy baby who's teething right now, but seems to be calmer and I might be able to get on the treadmill starting next Monday. As of now I have sciatic nerve on my lower right back which p*ssed me off. Ugh. Patience, patience.

So, you guys... good luck and keep up with the good work!!! Even if you gained then that's okay. Be patient and start over the next day. That's what I do. :cool2:

Congratulations! I have tipped the scale at 205 lbs last summer and now, I am currently 188 lbs its coming off slowly. I might have lost a few more pounds since :)

Congratulations! I have tipped the scale at 205 lbs last summer and now, I am currently 188 lbs its coming off slowly. I might have lost a few more pounds since :)

Thanks!! Isn't that the greatest feeling when you lose some weight?? Taking the weight off slowly is the right way otherwise you'll gain all of it back or even more than you used to weight. *high five for you!* Keep it up! :hug:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2)

Catmandu something for us to be feel good about. Eating right and taking care of ourselves is the key smile
High 5 to you as well! Keep it going

My all time highest weight was 315, and I went down to 160 from that. After 2 children and leading a sedentry life, I moved up to 284. I have been losing off and on, but now I ham at 215 and wish to get to 150.

I have started walking again, but I do have to use my cane all the time, maybe after a while I can give it up, but I'm not holding my breath. I have neuropathy and am totally numb on the right side from the shoulder to the ankle. My leg gives out without any warning at all and that's not a pretty sight. :giggle:

I really need to increase my water intake again, but sometimes it's just so hard. I have a water bottle that if I consume 4, then that is the amount my doctor wants me to drink daily. Right now I average 2.5 - 3 of them. Getting there.

wow I'm wondering how people gain weight while living a sedentary lifestyle. If I do that - my weight drops and I get skinny. I have to move around or work out to get bigger :dizzy:

By doing that - I went from 120 lbs to 140 lbs. Will try to get myself to 160 lbs later.

Jiro;1526529[B said:
]wow I'm wondering how people gain weight while living a sedentary lifestyle[/B]. If I do that - my weight drops and I get skinny. I have to move around or work out to get bigger :dizzy:

By doing that - I went from 120 lbs to 140 lbs. Will try to get myself to 160 lbs later.

It's called sitting on the lazy butt and doing nuttin!! I basically just sat around and let the kids have the run of the house. We didn't go anywhere except the park and I sat again and let them play. My only exercise was to mow (with a gas powered, walk behind mower) the 1.5 acres we lived on. There was a hill in the front yard and it was hard work. I also had a passion for very fattening foods and didn't care at all about anything. Went through a severe depression and that's the whole crux of the matter. Got over the depression and really started on the uphill climb back to eating healthier and getting more movement into my system.

wow I'm wondering how people gain weight while living a sedentary lifestyle. If I do that - my weight drops and I get skinny. I have to move around or work out to get bigger :dizzy:

Eat plenty of meals, like three big meals, and then eat something between meals, plus you can eat heavy meals right before you go to bed. There you go.

Eat plenty of meals, like three big meals, and then eat something between meals, plus you can eat heavy meals right before you go to bed. There you go.

that's what I was. I was a gluttonous pig even while living a sedentary life. My weight stayed the same at solid 120 lbs. The only way I can gain my weight is to either work out or to do outdoor activity.

that's what I was. I was a gluttonous pig even while living a sedentary life. My weight stayed the same at solid 120 lbs. The only way I can gain my weight is to either work out or to do outdoor activity.

Yea. be grateful that you have an obviously fast metabolism. dayum.. Keep eating, will you. lol.

Back