AllDeaf Meet @ DeafNation World Expo, July 2010

lol.. wonder how did you knew it was me from just looking at my back. . .don't recall posted a picture of me here?

because I told her lol. While naisho, you, and I were walking as a group, Oddball suddenly surprised me so I stopped but ya'all kept on going. She pointed at you and said - who is that? and I said freckles but you kept on walking lol!

because I told her lol. While naisho, you, and I were walking as a group, Oddball suddenly surprised me so I stopped but ya'all kept on going. She pointed at you and said - who is that? and I said freckles but you kept on walking lol!
aha! OMG, that was her .. rats. I remembered you stopped all of sudden but then I kept walking because naisho kept walking -- I can't stretch my arms for both of you! lol.

The expo booths themselves were nothing special. It looked like a regular expo that DeafNation hosts in different cities. I did not see anything different. They were monopolized by relay service providers as usual.

It was simply too crowded, too much standing, too much walking, legs, etc. It took the fun out of it. I missed several friends and Alldeaf friends due to large number of deaf people. I was disappointed about that. I believe there was over 25,000 deaf people there.

The Treasure Island pool social party is limited capacity. It couldn't accommodate 10-20,000 people. The pool area was just too small. Most people ended up staying in the hot hallway leading to the pool all night socializing. We walked into the pool area during a clean-up. I wondered why they chose that pool for social party? Other hotels had way bigger pools and decks than the one at Treasure Island. Planet Hollywood, Venetian, The Mirage, Excalibur, Cesar Palace, among others, would provide for better pool party than at Treasure Island. :roll:

yea i met Doug and Kalista ( she came to me and gave me hugs , say hi!) i was lost and dont know that was her!!! cuz of she look different! LOL!!! she explained me in facebook oops! that her! lol..so yea i was there and yall missed me dang!

I just found out from my friend on VP last night that some Deaf people got sick from Deaf Nation Expo. They had experienced with some diarrhea and even SWINE FLU. :shock:

I was very lucky because I moved around a lot at Deaf Nation Expo. If I had stayed in the same crowd, then I would get a swine flu plus I am diabetic...too dangerous for my immune system. :eek3:

Hi, guys I was home already two days ago from Utah.

Unfortuately, my backpack was stolen. My memory card for my digital camera was in the bag. Oh well all. 2 Alldeaf photos is all I have left on my oher memory card. Will post later 'cause also the digital camera battery recharger was in the bag (stolen). So I will have to go to the Best Buy soon to look for it to be replaced. Oddball, don't you have a picture of me and others? I noticed not many AD members post the pictures here. Come on. :)

My friend told me last night that one attendee from another country at the World Deaf Nation Expo died while visiting Grand Canyon or somewhere in Arizona? I haven't checked Facebook for days.

Hi, guys I was home already two days ago from Utah.

Unfortuately, my backpack was stolen. My memory card for my digital camera was in the bag. Oh well all. 2 Alldeaf photos is all I have left on my oher memory card. Will post later 'cause also the digital camera battery recharger was in the bag (stolen). So I will have to go to the Best Buy soon to look for it to be replaced. Oddball, don't you have a picture of me and others? I noticed not many AD members post the pictures here. Come on. :)

My friend told me last night that one attendee from another country at the World Deaf Nation Expo died while visiting Grand Canyon or somewhere in Arizona? I haven't checked Facebook for days.

YES, I watched deafvideo.tv vlog about him.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjVlmXMG91M&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Charalampos Grammatoglou died at Grand Canyon[/ame]

PAGE AZ-- A 32-year-old Greek man fell about 600 feet to his death Saturday at the Horseshoe Bend Overlook near Page.

Charalampos Grammatoglou, of Thessaloniki, Greece, was standing on a ledge of thin sandstone overlooking the picturesque bend of the Colorado River taking photographs when the ledge gave way about 11:25 a.m., said Lt. Ron Anderson of the Coconino County Sheriff's Office in Page.

Just before he fell, members of his party were yelling at him to get away from the edge, Anderson said Monday. The Sheriff's Office and National Park Service responded and verified Grammatoglou was deceased. Classic Lifeguard was launched, and a short-haul team from Grand Canyon Helicopters was able to retrieve the body, Anderson said.

Man dies in fall from Horseshoe Bend Overlook - Trailspace.com

oh.... that's tragic but I know Grand Canyon. There's no fence. It's dangerous.

wow.. that was the first death in 14 - 15 years. sad.

he's deaf, right? it says nowhere if he is.

Dang, sad story. My rents were telling me not to go drive to GC when I was at LV.

I guess he is, if you search his name it comes up on a lot of deaf sites. Interesting that it said his party was "yelling at him" to get away if he was deaf.

Pic of him from a search:
38834_141329602557675_120012018022767_319425_627214_n.jpg

38771_141330125890956_120012018022767_319431_6363975_n.jpg

Thanks for posting the links. Oh my gosh, Page, AZ?! It didn't say it happened at Grand Canyon. I was in Page, AZ (July 27-28.) What a freak accident. I admit that I did got too close to the cliff to look down and taking pics at Grand Canyon. Damn.

I met 6 deafies at Grand Canyon. 4 in a group - 3 were Hong Kong natives and 1 Egyptian native. Other two were a cute couple around my age and they also have Usher's Syndrome. It was so nice to see Deaf with Usher's that can have fun and enjoy hiking around at Grand Canyon. 4 deaf friends in a group and I went to the motel near Grand Canyon to reserve a room and an asshole clerk refused to serve us a room for the night and told them that there is no vacancy. *POPS BULLSHIT* Deaf Egyptian guy started to argue with that asshole hater and showed him to look up at the sign it says "VACANCY". Clerk got gulped and tried to look for a cover excuse, and deaf guy ordered him to get a manager for him to see and talk with. So they ended up getting a free room for the night. Motel clerk....*coughs* we smelt his discrimination against us.

Dang, sad story. My rents were telling me not to go drive to GC when I was at LV.

I guess he is, if you search his name it comes up on a lot of deaf sites. Interesting that it said his party was "yelling at him" to get away if he was deaf.
that's what got me wondered; wondering if they put that in because he's deaf or if media wanted to make it more ironic, they would include "deaf". however, I assumed he is because of youtube guy above said, "I've worked with him, talked with him". . .

I met AD'ers in LV was:

Javapride (one of the oldest school AD members)
Tweetybird
Jiro (third time)
Alex (5th time)
naisho
PowerOn
authentic

Forgot to add:

KingCobra (oops, I mean Royale)
Oddball (many, many times in years)

Forgot to add:

KingCobra (oops, I mean Royale)
Oddball (many, many times in years)

Oh yea I had no idea who royale for a long time until he told me himself. Oh that was kingcobra but i m trying to get use to royale. i like kingcobra. dont ask me why hah

Once again, hope it's the last one I'm addin' up from my latest memory. :o

Knightwolf68
ScubaLdyTx

Oh darn it- if I had checked on AD often I would have met up with some of you. I did saw someone I knew from AD by surprise. I was working at a booth and went to Tresure Island Tuesday night to watch MDI and Signmark. Otherwise, I had a good time. I only got to see very few people I knew. :) Good times. :)

Back