Alldeaf has malwares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it on both versions of my Google Chrome and Firefox browsers. It's pretty much blocked everywhere except those that are mobile. Like some of you, I'm not too fond of posting on my mobile tablet. I prefer the real thing, thanks.

Got the same screen and warning as in the OP but tried Tapatalk and its working just annoying to use.

Oh, so it's working in Tapatalk? I was fairly sure they blocked that. Guess I was wrong.

I can't post like normal. I have to click the "ignore warning" constantly, and flip back and forth. It's a real pain.

I'll just wait until the problem is cleared up. I'll check back at this thread occasionally to see when I can post again.

My phone won't let me access AD at all.

Try go to http://www.alldeaf.com directly.

Foxrac, I tried that, and I still get the warning. I also tried to reply to you with the Quote button but I guess it didn't work.

Other than checking this thread for site updates, I'll have to stay off AD until it's cleared up. :(

Foxrac, I tried that, and I still get the warning. I also tried to reply to you with the Quote button but I guess it didn't work.

Other than checking this thread for site updates, I'll have to stay off AD until it's cleared up. :(

I just use Chrome and go to AD directly from link.

AllDeaf is back up and running. It might take a few tries to get in, though.

Google says no malware was detected on AD, and that it will take some time to remove the malware warning some of you guys were getting when visiting the site.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Alex, you gonna plug the "Like" button back in?

yeah - got the same warning this morning. I also noticed like button is gone. this might be why as malware detection was causing this.

I also am on jane's side here -- I agree that her threads should have not been removed. Same goes for the afterhours forum that disappeared some time back and no warning why. This kind of arbitrary actions with no excuses or warnings just tells me alot about the personality of the forum owner.

yeah - got the same warning this morning. I also noticed like button is gone. this might be why as malware detection was causing this.

I also am on jane's side here -- I agree that her threads should have not been removed. Same goes for the afterhours forum that disappeared some time back and no warning why. This kind of arbitrary actions with no excuses or warnings just tells me alot about the personality of the forum owner.

Radioman-- the Afterhours forum is still here, but it's only accessible with a Premium membership. That means members who have paid Alex for such a membership can access it. That, or V.I.P status. Either works. I'm guessing there was a reason for that, although I'm not quite sure what that may be, though. I would suggest maybe talking with a mod about how to get access to that particular forum?

Last edited:
I've been getting the same thing for several days which is why I haven't been on most recently<after I posted in that thread Jane said disappeared and I'd written that hubby made it such that I was able to get in>.

So I've been wondering what's up-

Google says no malware was detected on AD, and that it will take some time to remove the malware warning some of you guys were getting when visiting the site.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Technically, this guy is only mostly right. The malware wasn't ON the AD web site. It came through AD. Google doesn't put malware on the site. The people who actually own the site (the hosting service), and/or the people who administer the site can unknowingly allow malware, or place malware on the web site.

You really need to know what you are doing to prevent this, and if the hosting service that the web site owner(s) use, or the owner(s)/admins aren't doing what they need to prevent it, then you WILL have malware. Maybe not on the web site itself, but most certainly coming through it. AD was relaying malware, and it will again if the admins and/or hosting service do not (or won't) take the necessary measures to prevent it.

This is difficult because it can mean giving up (or substantially curtailing) ad revenue. It can also mean increasing costs by disallowing any and all 3rd party content and/or embedded redirects.

Really.. the only way to prevent malware on a web site 100% is:

1. Host everything yourself on your own server (no 3rd party anything). This can be expensive just in terms of storage costs, but it also involves filtering and scanning all uploaded content and securing the code that brokers the process of uploading content (links, images, etc. from users).
2. Run NO ads that you do not manually create or filter yourself.
3. Apply a plethora of security best practices from the web server code itself, to all of the web content, scripting, and data handling. This is in addition to actively filtering cross-coupled services (e.g. smtp/ftp/http) at or near the OS level, etc.

I could go on and on, but for the users: It's not you. It's the Internet. Your A/V software, and your browser - if you happen to have one that automatically references blacklists like Google's reputation service - are working correctly.

Good luck!

I would not entirely blame Alex or any of the moderators for 'disappearing' threads. Generally mods do (in my experience anyway) let people know why they may lock or remove a thread. I don't think it was willfully removed, I'm leaning to the idea that something may have happened to a few threads when Alex was doing admin duties or house cleaning... who knows. Point is- don't point fingers when you don't know the whole story.

Cybermike is right but even the best of Admins can get caught out and get nailed- this happened to a friend of mine 4 years ago and we had a devil of a time dealing with it as actually there were two different issues going on at the same time- took some doing to realize it and separate it out. It takes a LOT to run/maintain a forum and be sure that it is running smoothly. Nothing is ever 100% but he is right that the issue with the red warning had more to do with the internet etc than the user's PC. Doesn't mean that there are OTHER issues that do pop up that may affect only the user's PC and would/could interfere with accessing AD or any other forum.

Nothing is perfect... anything can happen like AD, Target and other servers. It can happen to anyone without expected it.

Yeah, it has been like that since the dawn of computer technology. And it gets worse after the dawn of the Internet.

Nothing is perfect... anything can happen like AD, Target and other servers. It can happen to anyone without expected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back