Alldeaf has malwares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,I can understand the malware issues and it's not ad fault etc. Chicago blue.. Thanks for the info.. Again didn't know he changed the rules .

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

I have posts at #3, 10, 13 & 26 but in going back through these I don't see where I included that I PMed Naisho and got this on September 10. "Please forward or ask Alex this question.
I am not able to figure out the dynamics pertaining to this issue."

By the time I sent a forward of what I wrote naisho and included additional information about what I got in the meantime to Alex the Red Box Alerts started. So I am not surprised to not have heard from him.

I hope that I have made it clear that what upset me and kept me that way was that it disappeared completely WITHOUT WARNING OR NOTICE OF WHY.

There are mysterious stuff going on over the Internet. There will always be a bunch of young nerds that got boring life, decide to have fun with anyone on the net, do they give out warning? Usually NOT! That is because giving warning usually means less drama, less fun. They want fun and drama seeing people losing their head over little things like losing a thread, are you willing to let them win over you?

Do you really think Alex want to do such things like that and hurt his own reputation? I don't think so, but its up for you to decide.

Please understand that it is impossible to give warning ahead of time cause if there is warning, those people won't be able to throw in malware, virus, and other shyt on the net. It is part of reality that we can't win.

Do you know whats latest and newest virus that just came out 5 minutes ago? The truth is NOBODY knows but the author of the virus themselves, takes a while for somebody to notice strange behavior, could take as long as years before they (Virus detectors) discover and warn the rest of the Net users. Yes, that means everybody has the virus on their system without knowledge, even myself too. I know I got bunch of virus and malware on my machine, however, good news is, majority of virus and malware sleeping on our system usually don't work or failed, only few would work, depending on what system user has.

Either, let these ruin your life, or don't let them ruin your life. Its your call.

I have posts at #3, 10, 13 & 26 but in going back through these I don't see where I included that I PMed Naisho and got this on September 10. "Please forward or ask Alex this question.
I am not able to figure out the dynamics pertaining to this issue."

By the time I sent a forward of what I wrote naisho and included additional information about what I got in the meantime to Alex the Red Box Alerts started. So I am not surprised to not have heard from him.

I hope that I have made it clear that what upset me and kept me that way was that it disappeared completely WITHOUT WARNING OR NOTICE OF WHY.

Foxrac, I tried that, and I still get the warning. I also tried to reply to you with the Quote button but I guess it didn't work.

Other than checking this thread for site updates, I'll have to stay off AD until it's cleared up. :(

Hey seb, how are things now? oh oops. :giggle:

I would not entirely blame Alex or any of the moderators for 'disappearing' threads. Generally mods do (in my experience anyway) let people know why they may lock or remove a thread. I don't think it was willfully removed, I'm leaning to the idea that something may have happened to a few threads when Alex was doing admin duties or house cleaning... who knows. Point is- don't point fingers when you don't know the whole story.

Cybermike is right but even the best of Admins can get caught out and get nailed- this happened to a friend of mine 4 years ago and we had a devil of a time dealing with it as actually there were two different issues going on at the same time- took some doing to realize it and separate it out. It takes a LOT to run/maintain a forum and be sure that it is running smoothly. Nothing is ever 100% but he is right that the issue with the red warning had more to do with the internet etc than the user's PC. Doesn't mean that there are OTHER issues that do pop up that may affect only the user's PC and would/could interfere with accessing AD or any other forum.

HELLO! Alex warned us that he was going to fixing the problem and people should use a backup to save photos etc b/c could it get deleted . I can't see why you're blaming the moderators for doing their job. If you think you can do a better job running a forum go start one.

HELLO! Alex warned us that he was going to fixing the problem and people should use a backup to save photos etc b/c could it get deleted . I can't see why you're blaming the moderators for doing their job. If you think you can do a better job running a forum go start one.
This isn't the first time it's happened. A few years ago we lost quite a few threads. They just suddenly disappeared from various categories. It was a real clean sweep of AD!

It was April 2010; re:

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=77026&highlight=motorcycle+thread

excuse me?

I am NOT BLAMING THE MODERATORS OR ALEX FOR ANYTHING!!!!!!!
I am aware that Alex let us know that there would be an update and that he may not be able to save anything. I am also aware that ANYTHING ELSE could possibly happen that is out of Alex's or the moderator's control. I AM a moderator on 2 other forums so I understand how these things happen.

get over it. I never said I could do a better job.

shit will happen on the internet; regardless of how or why it happens- as DHB said-- it's happened since the beginning of the internet...and it will happen til the end of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back