All about electric cars!

Well, there's one flying car existed, however it must depart and land at any airport, not even on the country roads under FAA. The policy for small airplanes applies the same to this flying car.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Well, there's one flying car existed, however it must depart and land at any airport, not even on the country roads under FAA. The policy for small airplanes applies the same to this flying car.

Right, they (FAA) limits on how many aircrafts up in the air. Also, dont forget we stil have problem with terrorist, and if there is plenty of flying cars freely flying around, terrorist would be more exciting causing unspeakable evil.

I know for the fact that flying cars is very possible, BUT since air space is pretty much heavily regulated and controlled by government and with ongoing terrorist activities, you know what would the result going to be.

Right, they (FAA) limits on how many aircrafts up in the air. Also, dont forget we stil have problem with terrorist, and if there is plenty of flying cars freely flying around, terrorist would be more exciting causing unspeakable evil.

I know for the fact that flying cars is very possible, BUT since air space is pretty much heavily regulated and controlled by government and with ongoing terrorist activities, you know what would the result going to be.
You make a good point. Due to terrorists everywhere, FAA has to be EXTRA careful with that.

and the price will go up again too. it's winter season.... cheap gas.... everybody knows this. and everybody knows this phase will be short-lived.

free fall? nope I don't think so. they've been doing this for many decades. it's all part of complex game involving some very powerful wealthy people.

A year fast forward, have oil prices gone up? Looking back, it apparently didn't and OPEC have decided to keep the output same, and with too many people flocked into digging up to discover oil reserves during the times when the oil was over $100 a barrel, now those people gotta to pay their debt back to banks but couldn't, so Bank took over and know nothing about oil, want to get rid of em, to make matter worse for them, the idea of EV, hybrid, etc have not relieve the demand. So, it got nothing to do with winter or summer blend after all.

Wondering what happened to the hype of EV? Seems to be quieting down, eh?

Porsche plans to offer an all-electric performance car by the end of the decade. The four-door car, which looks like a futuristic version of today's Porsche Panamera, will be able to go 310 miles on a single charge, Porsche has boasted.

The Mission E was originally unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show as a concept car, but the board of Volkswagen Group, Porsche's parent company, has now approved development of the car for factory production. When the car was unveiled in September, a Porsche spokesperson only said that "production of the car would be feasible within the near future."

The car is part of a bigger push by Volkswagen Group into electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids. In all, the group plans to introduce 20 such vehicles by 2020, company executives have said.

Porsche has said that the Mission E will be able to go from zero to 60 miles an hour in under 3.5 seconds. That figure has already been beaten by some versions of the Telsa Model S, though, which can leap from zero to 60 in under three seconds. The Porsche will also be able to charge wirelessly by parking over a coil embedded in a garage floor.

The car will charge quickly, too, according to Porsche, reaching 80% of a full charge in only 15 minutes, enough to drive 250 miles. Porsche executives have said that more battery development is needed, however. Porsche has not announced anything about the price of the Mission E.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/04/lux...1215electric-porsche-production-car0900vodtop

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/16/autos/tesla-tax-denmark-norway/index.html

Eh? Nothing last forever, like I said earlier even though there is incentives for electric cars or zero emission vehicles that put people into thinking they are taking advantage of it. Government can't give away for free forever. They will eventually going to charge more in the end.

Now with OPEC refusal cut production, its their fear of losing oil business... Nothing has changed in the last 50 years.

Its realities for ya. electric car lovers!

Oil is now in $20's/barrel territory... I knew this is going to happen.

Its all about the law of supply and demand, the supplier can't set the price themselves.

The real problem I have seen, and predicted... When the value of oil, or anything else that has higher than normal value, people WILL borrow money in attempt to grab the opportunity in making handsome profit, oil is perfect example, in 2008 we saw oil surged over 100 dollars a barrel, those greedy investors especially who doesn't have capital would borrow money from bank, investors, etc who knows NOTHING (or little)about oil business. Too many of them borrowed money and drill, drill, drill pump, pump, pump to the point where we got too much oil... Who control the price? Its called "Supply and demand" We now have over supply of oil, and the demand had wane (Reduced). Those who borrowed money and drilled for oil end up won't be able to sell oil at 100 dollars a barrel, and less customers buying from them, thus severely reducing their ability maintain income in order to pay back these investors and banks, in turn those investors and bank would repossess their assets, knowing nothing about oil and wants to get rid of them FAST, thus killing oil prices even further and to make matter worse OPEC wants keep business to themselves so thus they decided continue to pump more which effectively killing other oil producers. On the top of that, mandatory fuel efficient vehicles are now in effect, along with production of EV, hybrids and other types of vehicles which would decrease the demand of oil.

Who sets the price of oil? Nope, it is not president, nope it is not oil producers, nope it is not company decision, the price is set by amount of supply being available and the demand for them is what set the prices of oil, in other word it is customer's who blindly set the prices.

Its perfect storm that I predicted since 2008

I should have place bets with my friends that gas will never hit 5 dollars in my area, and I was right all along. Thats because with 5 dollars gal, the demand will dive, period... affecting the law of supply n demand.

Electric cars from 70's are not exactly same technology as today. :slap: 70's was junk due very SLOW (max 25-30 MPH) and awful short trips.

Did you know that electric cars price dropped down already?

Around $3 to fully charge an all-electric car comparison $40 to full tank for gasoline car. Do a math.

Every fleet driver has to fuel his own cab. Those drivers love the hybrids, which can return 25 to 30 mpg in hard city use--against the 10 to 12 mpg achieved in Crown Vics for big city. I see hybrids anywhere around in the Chicago.

You probably remember Sears Catalog sells Ford Die Hard electric car. Very few people bought it and used it. Then it was abandoned due to cost of replacing batteries. Then in 80's Sears stopped selling electric cars.

Catty

could be this? :dunno:

This Is What Apple’s ‘Titan’ Car Could Look Like

021c_concept_02_hr.jpg

it sure look like modified version of 70's Datsun 210 LOLOLOLOL

See if this car can pop wheelie like my brother's friend did hotrodded Datsun 210 and he asked my brother to pour water behind rear wheel, he revved engine and snapped clutch, car wheelie with burnout. It's fun to watch it go over the hill. LOLOL. His father own Datsun dealership and he was a mechanic there. that's why he got Datsun 210 cheap.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/podcast/energy/the-smarter-grid/clark-gellings-the-future-of-the-power-grid
https://www.leidos.com/perspectives/the-future-demands-smarter-power-grids-that-enable-the-two-way-f
http://www.edf.org/climate/smart-grid-overview
https://mitei.mit.edu/system/files/Electric_Grid_Full_Report.pdf
http://gtresearchnews.gatech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/2013-Spring-Summer.pdf

and hundred more source.

the best way to maintain efficiency is to have 2-ways system in order to integrate green-friendly power source such as solar power to feed into the system.

a very balanced system? LOL says who?

who said anything about breaking up into smaller sections? that's not what I said. I said "we will have multiple power grids that are independent of each other." It means making multiple power grids INDEPENDENT of each other. that's a smart grid. if one block goes down, rest of the blocks will remain fine. and plus they (a house, university, major metropolitan city, etc) can have their own power... hence independent of each other.

that's how internet and cellphone towers work. our national power grid should work the same.

they joined up because of financial and regulation reasons due to increasing complexity and size of our antiquated power system.... just like cellphone companies. duh?

maybe you don't know realize how sensitive a national power grid is. it's already a known fact that our national power grid is susceptible to cyberattack, terrorist attack, or natural disaster. it's like a christmas light.... one goes down, all goes down. and it's already a known fact that our national power grid system is antiquated.

"Smart Grid" is what we need. a real-time information. it's the future. and it makes sense. all it takes is a government regulation to push it into that direction.

Back in early 90's, Canada was thinking about having mini nuke power plant in backyard of each home for electricity and heat. Many residents refuse and it's a NIMBY syndrome (not in my back yard). It's actually molten salt reactor system which are completely safe.

There are some people are off grids. Colorado, Florida and few states made off grid illegal. It's a greed coming from utility and Koch brothers. They are one that propose law to make it illegal for anyone to go off grid. Personally, there' a way around it anyway.

BACK TO Electric Cars, Nuke powered car is still electric car cuz it use steam powered turbine to generate electricity.......

Ford Motor Co was thinking about building nuke powered electric car. But never was in production. Ford was hoping in future that Nuke power plant will become smaller to fit in engine compartment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Nucleon

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/alternative-fuels/nuclear-powered-car.htm

I've read other article as Thoruim powered car

http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/is-a-nuclear-powered-car-in-our-future/

Also concept cars but they decide not to do it due to too many issue with nuke power. One stated that to run a car, need a weapon grade nuke in order to run the car. If there were fender bender, it will be a nuke holocaust. IF your cousin Vinnie drives nuke power car and if Semi ran into him, you'll know that he's dead cuz you can see mushroom cloud 50 miles away :rofl:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/17/nuclear-powered-atomic-age-classic-cars/

Good luck reading article

Catty

PS: I think you're becoming squeamish over Nuke powered car with all those radioactive cooking inside you if there were fender bender. :rofl:

Last edited:
I wouldn't be quick to dismiss electric cars. Even though gas is cheap the main advantage of electrics is the low maintenance and power output. Of course range is an issue but if they could build an electric car that can go about 250 miles on a full charge with about 20 min charge time I'd be hard pressed to buy one.

For what it's worth even gasoline cars encountered criticism when they first came out, people thought horses were better.

I wouldn't be quick to dismiss electric cars. Even though gas is cheap the main advantage of electrics is the low maintenance and power output. Of course range is an issue but if they could build an electric car that can go about 250 miles on a full charge with about 20 min charge time I'd be hard pressed to buy one.

For what it's worth even gasoline cars encountered criticism when they first came out, people thought horses were better.

Yes, the red font is true, but do you know how Henry Ford convinced public into accepting gasoline vehicles? Its the convenience of owning, operating, and maintenance.

Everybody likes the conveniences, you see, one of inconvenience with electric vehicle is... charging. Image a driver got caught stuck in middle of highway with dead battery, whats the solution? For gas powered vehicle, triple A could bring a jug of gasoline for you and your good to go... on other hand, electric? Well, give us another couple hours for us to charge your battery after having a motorist waiting for triple A guy to arrive.

I am not denying you, maybe in future generations, yeah but for old fart like us, nah. What I am saying is, its much easier to refuel with a can of fuel than anything else when it comes to time sensitive event.

I read some of the post here but not all.

I would like to add my thoughts from my studies. I always been into renewable energy most of my life so I know a lot about it.

Electric or hydrogen powered car would be cool to have and cleaner to use but number one problem we face today is that it still require oil to produce electricity or hydrogen and it not cost efficient at the moment. Any companies would jump on this if it is cost efficient that could generate them more profit than oil could.

Only way to get around that is to use renewable resource to produce the needed electricity or hydrogen like solar panels, wind turbines, or water generator. However building them cost too much money that the return of investment would be at least 100 year or more before anyone would start seeing profit from it. People don't like to wait around before they start making money so it hard to encourage company to invest it now for our future generation. A very few are starting but still it hard and the number is small.

Second problem we face with electricity or hydrogen is able to storage it in very small space but allow freedom without being burden where you could get a refill at. Gas is everywhere today and again company know if they built a gas station at right location it will generate profit within a few years while a hydrogen station may take a very long time before it paid off it debts and start generating profit. Again people don't like to wait for their investment to start making money.

We are getting there and with the nano technology which mean small space = more distance and also more efficient at lower cost. From my studies, I believe we are moving at a rapid pace that we will see nano technology booming within 10 years from now that I wouldn't be surprise to see a heavy use computer or smart phone goes for a couple of days without recharging.

Even with the new nano technology solar panel claiming to be at least 60% or more energy efficient (some claiming they can get it as high as 80% http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ld-boost-solar-panel-efficiency-as-high-as-80) which is more flexible and hundred time cheaper to produce that our existing solar panel which is only about 12%-14% energy efficient. Those nano solar panels can be applied on a building like a wall paper to power your home. Use the same nano technology to apply it on a car to give the batteries any extra distance between recharge station, this will motivates people to start investing into it but today folks after what they have experience with booming "Start-up" technology back in the early 20's lost of lot of money in web and networking business because they couldn't wait so now they are scared to invest a whole lot into today technology after the bad experience in the early 20's.

Yes, those thing will happen but very slowly .........................................

Back