Alert System

marcyp06

Reaction score
Anyone have either of the alert sytems in this picture? Trying to decide which is best to purchase.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1470292121513.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1470292121513.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 31
I like this kind of alert system better , a hearing dog !

dogs-and-their-hearing-520e425099708.jpg

I'd rather wake up to that cute dog than "Sonic Boom."

Laura

I would too but... money. The alarm clock is a one time cost- and mine was a gift 15 years ago. As much as I want a doggie, I don't have the means to support it and currently am living somewhere that isn't mine so would not foist a dog or pet on them.

You can keep your dogs!!!!!!!!!!! I am one that wants nothing to do with them! Please don't expect others to want one because you do.

You can keep your dogs!!!!!!!!!!! I am one that wants nothing to do with them! Please don't expect others to want one because you do.

Ok. That's a little bit of a harsh reaction. I think they were more or less kidding around. The reality is not that many deaf people have hearing dogs. Most are product users, like the Sonic Boom. I have one myself and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Ok. That's a little bit of a harsh reaction. I think they were more or less kidding around. The reality is not that many deaf people have hearing dogs. Most are product users, like the Sonic Boom. I have one myself and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Yes it is harsh in a way. I am tired of what feels like constantly having the answer be "get a dog" and those doing it forgetting that some do not like to be around dogs period.

Really!!!!!! Why would you post something like this!!!!! Just because you don't like dogs does not mean you need to yell at those who do. Sheesh.

Yes it is harsh in a way. I am tired of what feels like constantly having the answer be "get a dog" and those doing it forgetting that some do not like to be around dogs period.
This is a public forum. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. There's no need for us to not post something because poor xxx doesn't like yyy. If you don't want to read these kinds of posts, leave the forum.

Oh man, I just cant let go commenting on this one.

When I read the post of Jane, I was like euhm when did anyone here tell you to get a dog, all I read was that the people posting prefer this option. And I still think about it that way.

But on the other hand I was like, OK, this is a reflection of hers because she has heard this comment probably numerous times and took it personally. So that's why I tried to keep my mouth shut.

But then when I continue reading this topic, I get the feeling she should be shunned because that's how she felt, even though she has already admitted she was harsh and why...

Respecting opinions goes both ways in my opinion.

Speaking of Sonic Boom, I have the Sonic Alert (bed vibrator). I tell ya, it is a terrifying way to wake up from a sound sleep! So, my body taught itself to wake up before the Sonic Alert went off!

Speaking of Sonic Boom, I have the Sonic Alert (bed vibrator). I tell ya, it is a terrifying way to wake up from a sound sleep! So, my body taught itself to wake up before the Sonic Alert went off!
It doesn't terrify me in the least - I have the sonic alert too, and like you, I usually wake up before it goes off. But that's my insomnia working on my behalf. :)

Hahahaha :) The same thing happened to me!

I personally like dogs very much...though I know some don't - but there's no need to yell about it, Jane. Maybe you could try to think about what else is bothering you besides the dog thing, maybe more to it...
I like what Botti and Loveblue wrote....

I don't see anybody stated "get a dog" in this thread... some people wake up before the alarm clock goes off (dog, cat, or something else). There's no reason to scream like this... if you don't want any dogs, don't get it...it's simple. Everyone has a choice and it doesn't have to be about you.

Last edited:
It doesn't terrify me in the least - I have the sonic alert too, and like you, I usually wake up before it goes off. But that's my insomnia working on my behalf. :)
Curious, does yours have a vibe strength setting? like Low to High? Mine does not.

Back