alarm clock

westernirish

Reaction score
I dont know this topic should be here or elsewhere.. I am looking for to replace my aged flashing light alarm clock which is a Hal Halen brand ( 18 yrs of good use). it is a digial desk clock.. with alarm setting. which you hook up a desk lamp into it. once alarm goes off,, it flash the light..
I had a intermaic brand before that looks like the classic bedstand clock. It works best for me for years. The shaker kind will not work due I am a heavy sleeper and dont respond well to shakes but sure jumps out once light turns on.
I am not going to spend 50=100 bucks for a cheesy clock which I had seen on vary website. the Sonic boom is good buttttt damn pricey. there are some clocks with shakers for 40- 50 which is reasonable. There should be a way to convert the shaker into a flashing light hardness which I can plug in the lamp instead... I hope you guys out there have any ideas. or did some mods on them.

yep.. I found it.. went thru 10 pages.. one person name cathy have same idea I am having.. looking for a simple clock with light flashing hook up. Like the frist post I mention.. I am not going to spend more than 50 bucks a clock.. SB is ok but they have issues. if anyone got a way to modify the shaker into a flashing lamp .. I love to hear it.. or send me the recipe for mod the shaker.

I would like to know this too. I want an alarm clock that has option of using a light or shaker. My old one which is Intermatic brand and lasted me for 20 years. It had the option of plugging in shaker OR light.

It's a shame that older products last longer than anything made nowadays.

I couldn't find one that had both options and cheap so I settled for a Sonic Alert that only has shaker. A shaker alone works just fine for me but I just liked the idea of having an option. Having an option is great because when I am sleeping with someone, I don't want to wake them up so I use a light. When I am alone, I'll use the shaker...

I would like to know this too. I want an alarm clock that has option of using a light or shaker. My old one which is Intermatic brand and lasted me for 20 years. It had the option of plugging in shaker OR light.

It's a shame that older products last longer than anything made nowadays.

I couldn't find one that had both options and cheap so I settled for a Sonic Alert that only has shaker. A shaker alone works just fine for me but I just liked the idea of having an option. Having an option is great because when I am sleeping with someone, I don't want to wake them up so I use a light. When I am alone, I'll use the shaker...

Did you try using the link I posted ?? We just had a thread about this.

whatdidyousay.. you didnt understand my two posts:roll:.. Please reread it.. I did looked in that thread.. it didnt contain what I am looking for.

I use this one (in link) after using one that vibrates for my whole life. I love this one b/c although it doesn't flash, I find it wakes me up gently instead of waking me up with a heart attack. My Dad modified it slightly and I now have a vibrating pad attached in case it doesn't wake me up but so far it hasn't failed me. It will only vibrate once the light is at full strength.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Hf3470-Wake-up-Light-White/dp/B003XN4RIC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1379873216&sr=8-5&keywords=Sad+light]Amazon.com: Philips Hf3470 Wake-up Light, White: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Back