Airplane Crash today and is Missing

As to terrorism, it could be just two crazy guys doing their own thing. So there would be nobody to "brag" about it.

Hey JMH, do you have source to this information?

just like one plane that flew over Atlantic ocean and disappeared and they found it few months later with fuselage intact.

there is a huge gap of radar coverage in that very large area because it's a third world country out there. only military was able to detect it prior to disappearance. the radar indicated that it was turning back and that's it. the blip was shortly gone.
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought it was in steady contact and then all of a sudden disappeared from the radar screen. Instead, it was already of range before it went missing.

Passports are stolen all the time and it doesn't necessarily mean it's terrorist related.
I didn't say it did. However, one-way tickets sometimes bear checking into.

I'm not surprised. these countries always dump stuff in ocean.

There was that nuke plant the blew up and a lot debris ended up in the ocean , a lot of it showing in our coast line now. So trying detect debris from the plane will be impossible , there would a lot signals to pick up. I saw on Nightly News tonight that is a possibly the plane crash in a jungle and it would hard to see the debris from the air.

There was that nuke plant the blew up and a lot debris ended up in the ocean , a lot of it showing in our coast line now. So trying detect debris from the plane will be impossible , there would a lot signals to pick up.
Dont be surprised if they found something interesting at the same time in the search?

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought it was in steady contact and then all of a sudden disappeared from the radar screen. Instead, it was already of range before it went missing.

yea it was explained by experts in the news that in those Asian areas... there is a very large gap so what they usually do is fly to a predetermined point and report back to controller for status update.

never thought we do that but I guess it's a cost-effective method because having a constant 2-ways contact via satellite would be too expensive for a routine flight.

The guy from USA worked for IBM so don't think it had anything to do with him.
Sadly he had two small children with him.

From Wiki; it is similar to this, See text in bold.

likely due to the aircraft's pitot tubes being obstructed by ice crystals—caused the autopilot to disconnect, after which the crew reacted incorrectly and ultimately led the aircraft to an aerodynamic stall from which they did not recover.

Accordingly to the TV show I watched, the captain went to have a nap but he suspected something was wrong, and he returned to the cockpit and working out what happened, when the co-pilot was trying to put the nose up, which the captain realize what was wrong and told him not to do that but it was too late.

From Wiki; it is similar to this, See text in bold.

Accordingly to the TV show I watched, the captain went to have a nap but he suspected something was wrong, and he returned to the cockpit and working out what happened, when the co-pilot was trying to put the nose up, which the captain realize what was wrong and told him not to do that but it was too late.

yes. by doing that - there's no lift so a plane literally dropped from the sky. all he had to do was to point the nose down to recover from stall and that's it.

such a tragedy...

They seem to have eliminated the terrorism angle, although without finding the wreckage I would say it's hard to eliminate anything completely.

No one has mentioned a missile attack possibility (Beowulf, you're slacking off).

They seem to have eliminated the terrorism angle, although without finding the wreckage I would say it's hard to eliminate anything completely.

No one has mentioned a missile attack possibility (Beowulf, you're slacking off).

How about a UFO?
Admit it, it is POSSIBLE.
Oh come on, admit it...
:lol:

Ah I know that story very well. I saw the TV show air crash investigations last summer - all was a blame to pilot misjudgment.

Could you guys stay on topic and not talk about a crash from last summer. it's making it hard to follow the comments about the missing plane and people. Start your thread .

MANPADS SAMs in the middle of the ocean? Pretty awesome timing for flight path alignment, plus, wouldn't that result in some obvious wreckage? Possible but highly improbable. Maybe the remote chance of a Vietnamese SU-30 intercepting the plane for "airspace violation"? (Damn commie liars! LOL)

Back