Ah, the USA needs this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with you Jiro? you're one of the most deaf left-wing liberals ever. congras.

You are one of most right wing nonsense deaf ever.

No, Jiro isn't left wing liberal but he's centrist. :roll:

What's wrong with you Jiro? you're one of the most deaf left-wing liberals ever. congras.

so you can't list more examples of Sharia Law?

typical right-wing extremists... getting all hot and angry over something they don't know nor understand :lol:

For a normal person: stack. For jiro-shack. Especially if other ad-ers are hot chicks.

oh you! you tease!

124tvld.jpg

so you can't list more examples of Sharia Law?

typical right-wing extremists... getting all hot and angry over something they don't know nor understand :lol:

He's waiting until there is another biased news article that discusses it again.

Good job avoiding the obvious trolling efforts. You get the "Leftist Liberal" free pass to all kinds of government cheese. :laugh2:

Never once have I seen a European promote multiculturalism, and any preaching of tolerance is rooted within the horrors of the Holocaust and the fear of a repeat. In fact, many of the countries in Europe are largely homozygous compared to the East and the New World. I am sorry, but this seem to be more of an Asian or Canadian thing to say, not a European thing.
Good observation. Europeans have allways scratched their head when they try to figure out how america so succesfully have becomed the mix of melting pot and multicultural society it's today(or before 9/11).

Sharia law doesn't follow American law, so yes, I would have a problem with that. For example, Sharia law punishes sexual offenses with stoning to death.

Anyone following Sharia law wouldn't be law abiding in America.
Sharia isn't a sole set of existing rules that you can compare with the laws of a specific country.

I might as well answer your question with the words of David Cameron.

PM’s speech at Munich Security Conference | Number10.gov.uk

In France, it got so bad the government published a list of no go zones that were basically lawless Muslim neighborhoods where even the police were afraid to go.
You have it all wrong. Those politicans are using "multiculturalism" as a negative term. It's a word no one wants to be associated with, and mostly used to descripe opponents in politics. Notice the use of "doctrine" in the speech and what it implies to include that word with multiculturalism.

The first sentence of the article linked at the start of this thread: "Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told to get out of Australia, again, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks." Kind of makes sense to talk about sharia in this thread, don'cha think?

Did you read the sentence right after the one you highlighted? "Fortunately, most of our Muslims are sane, so the imposition of sharia law isn't any danger now." Yes, I'm not terribly worried about it happening here any time soon, but we should look at Europe as a cautionary tale.
Yes, europe is really a cautionary tale about what can happen if christianity take over. The US were much less christian a couple of centuries ago. Christian thinking have been on the increase for centuries. Now we are seeing the first signs of serious Islamophobia in the US. Good luck, you guys will need it.

There was no USA the first 100 years they were in America. (You didn't say where "there" was, so I'm assuming you're referring to North America.)

True.

Even after the colonies became America, my ancestors didn't know English till the early1800s. If I'm not mistaken, there prolly still some Mennonite or Amish sects that still don't know much English somewhere in the USA. I didn't feel it necessary to point out this was in the colonial era but per your posts, I guess it has to be mentioned.

You have it all wrong. Those politicans are using "multiculturalism" as a negative term. It's a word no one wants to be associated with, and mostly used to descripe opponents in politics. Notice the use of "doctrine" in the speech and what it implies to include that word with multiculturalism.
I have it right. Please read what I actually said:
David Cameron, Angela Merkel, and Nicolas Sarkozy have all three recently declared European-style multiculturalism to be a failure.
At one time, these countries embraced multiculturalism (or "multikulti" in Germany). Now, they recognize it as a dismal failure.

Yes, europe is really a cautionary tale about what can happen if christianity take over. The US were much less christian a couple of centuries ago. Christian thinking have been on the increase for centuries. Now we are seeing the first signs of serious Islamophobia in the US. Good luck, you guys will need it.
That is simply wrong. Appallingly wrong in fact. If anything, Christianity has become less prominent in public life than it used to be. The Founders said things that would drive the ACLU, if they were around back then, absolutely insane, and no one batted an eye at the time. They wanted to set up a religious country, although not a theocracy. They were far more worried about government encroachment on religion than the other way around. There's virtually nobody who wants to set up some sort of Christian theocracy (and no, prayer in schools doesn't count as a theocracy. If it does, that means many of our Founders were guilty of wanting a theocracy). Fortunately, we also have very few Muslims who are interested in imposing sharia law (although some do exist). However, many Muslims around the world have expressed a desire to make the United States submit to Islam. Those are the ones we should keep an eye on and at least be aware of.

I have it right. Please read what I actually said:

At one time, these countries embraced multiculturalism (or "multikulti" in Germany). Now, they recognize it as a dismal failure.
Could you show us proof that some politicans once embraced multiculturalism? Politicans declaring something beeing a failure does not mean that they ever have embraced it.

By the way, in europe, when someone accidentally say "multiculturalism", it's like they are stuck, and try to figure out what to do with the cheap labor they once invited into europe, and don't need anymore. What this have with multicultural values to do, is something I don't get.
That is simply wrong. Appallingly wrong in fact. If anything, Christianity has become less prominent in public life than it used to be. The Founders said things that would drive the ACLU, if they were around back then, absolutely insane, and no one batted an eye at the time. They wanted to set up a religious country, although not a theocracy. They were far more worried about government encroachment on religion than the other way around. There's virtually nobody who wants to set up some sort of Christian theocracy (and no, prayer in schools doesn't count as a theocracy. If it does, that means many of our Founders were guilty of wanting a theocracy). Fortunately, we also have very few Muslims who are interested in imposing sharia law (although some do exist). However, many Muslims around the world have expressed a desire to make the United States submit to Islam. Those are the ones we should keep an eye on and at least be aware of.
According to surveys, americans have becomed more religious, not less, in spite of religion beeing less prominent in public. The perecentage that belives in creationism is amazing. Megacurches, competing brances of christianity in a free market, etc. But my point was that if any religion have wrecked europe, it's christianity. Multiculturalism worked better in a muslim Spain than in a christian Spain, if you want to learn from the history.

True.

Even after the colonies became America, my ancestors didn't know English till the early1800s. If I'm not mistaken, there prolly still some Mennonite or Amish sects that still don't know much English somewhere in the USA. I didn't feel it necessary to point out this was in the colonial era but per your posts, I guess it has to be mentioned.
People who want to join in the over all culture and commerce of a wider community will be more motivated to learn the prevailing language. People who want to stay in segregated communities and be self sustaining are less motivated to learn the prevailing language.

"Prolly?" Do you mean "probably?"

People who want to join in the over all culture and commerce of a wider community will be more motivated to learn the prevailing language.

Would you have a problem with Spanish becoming the prevailing language someday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back