Ah, the USA needs this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One can practice some aspects of the Sharia law while still abiding by American law.
Like what?

Anyway, I honestly don't care who does what as long they abide by the laws of America. Muslim or not.
If they abide by the laws of America, then they can't abide by the laws of Sharia.

Do we really want to BAN a whole group? Even though MOST Muslim Americans CLEARLY abide by the American laws.
I never said any such thing. I never said ban all Muslims from America.

I said "In fact - I don't even know how it's become a concern for you."

I don't even see any valid reason to be concerned about sharia law in America because I know for sure that anybody following sharia law in America will be prosecuted to fullest extent of the law. Maybe I don't see it because I'm not a Caucasian. :dunno:

ah.... so you're saying America should be selective. So we should tell bunch of Christian cults to get out too.

oh wait... they're born and bred in America... for generations.... what to do???
Was that necessary? What a pathetic thing to say. Would you please pay attention to the things I actually say before making me out to be some intolerant redneck worried about white hegemony (or whatever nonsense you meant by that)? I'm tired of having to requote myself to answer your posts, but I'll do it again.
"Sane Muslims are welcome (and as far as I'm concerned, invited) to come and make their contributions to American society."
We should not accept insane Muslims as immigrants. Is that really so controversial? And how do you know sharia will always be prosecuted in America? I doubt 100 years ago, people in France thought there would be entire neighborhoods where sharia law was the law, not French law. It happened because they were not sufficiently concerned about the dangers of sharia law and the types of immigrants who want to impose it. We shouldn't make the same mistakes ourselves. A little concern can go a long way in making sure certain things don't happen here. Paranoia's not called for, but we should remain aware that there are a lot of people in the world who want to impose sharia law on the United States.

Here in Houston, Texas there are restaurants that will not take your order if you don't speak mexican. Note, that means no service, no food and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Is Mexican a language? Did you mean Spanish?

It might seem like that in some areas but it definitely is not true throughout the USA.

If Spanish-speaking people move to the United States for permanent residence, then they should learn English just like the Germans, Russians, Poles, Chinese, Portuguese, etc., did before them.

My Swiss-German ancestors didn't learn English till the early 19th century even though they have been there since the 1690s.

My Swiss-German ancestors didn't learn English till the early 19th century even though they have been there since the 1690s.
There was no USA the first 100 years they were in America. (You didn't say where "there" was, so I'm assuming you're referring to North America.)

Have not seen this article before but the emotions embedded in the article is what most Australians feel.

Well, Australians in general has always been intolerant of immigrants who moves in here and does not assimilate or speak much English and yet, lives off our taxpayers dollars.

The most unpopular group in Australia at the moment is Muslims and Indians.

In my state, in past few years, the former state Govt were very, very politically correct to the point that there were no Christmas play put on in schools because of fears of offending Muslims etc. Now the new State Govt Premier say that practice is no longer on, and now schools can put on Christmas plays and whatnot after all Australia is a Christian country! If other groups don't like it then take it or leave it.

I find TXGolfer's response to the article amusing.

Have not seen this article before but the emotions embedded in the article is what most Australians feel.

Well, Australians in general has always been intolerant of immigrants who moves in here and does not assimilate or speak much English and yet, lives off our taxpayers dollars.

The most unpopular group in Australia at the moment is Muslims and Indians.

In my state, in past few years, the former state Govt were very, very politically correct to the point that there were no Christmas play put on in schools because of fears of offending Muslims etc. Now the new State Govt Premier say that practice is no longer on, and now schools can put on Christmas plays and whatnot after all Australia is a Christian country! If other groups don't like it then take it or leave it.

I find TXGolfer's response to the article amusing.

and atheist/agnostic are strongly oppose to sharia law too, not just only for Christians.

Wirelessly posted

darkdog said:
deafskeptic said:

So why'd they eventually bother to learn English?

Probably through attrition.

My family [Russian Mennonites] didn't speak English either for a long time (keep in mind, English is an official language in Canada and we didn't embrace a multiculturalism policy until the 80s), and if they did-- it was because they moved away from home in the rural areas and got a job in the cities. So eventually the family just dissolved into the mainstream over time.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Probably through attrition.

My family [Russian Mennonites] didn't speak English either for a long time (keep in mind, English is an official language in Canada and we didn't embrace a multiculturalism policy until the 80s), and if they did-- it was because they moved away from home in the rural areas and got a job in the cities. So eventually the family just dissolved into the mainstream over time.
Full assimilation usually takes a few generations.

probably to make money.
Assimilation makes prosperity much easier to obtain, but I doubt that's the only reason they learned English.

Sharia Law... please list the laws

Do not know them....but I wonder if this applies....BYU's basketball team kicked off a player for having intercourse with his girlfriend....seems like they have a "law" that says the students can't have sex at all while going to BYU.

Do not know them....but I wonder if this applies....BYU's basketball team kicked off a player for having intercourse with his girlfriend....seems like they have a "law" that says the students can't have sex at all while going to BYU.

no difference from Sarah Palin's abstinence program.

oh wait...................

That's hardly the same as making sharia a national law.

1. BYU is a private college, not a country.

2. Colleges have codes of conduct and rules, not laws.

3. Getting kicked off a team is no where near the same as stoning someone to death.

4. One more difference--it was the guy at BYU who was disciplined for his behavior. How often do you see the guy get punished under Sharia?

BYU is Mormon university and they have own code of conduct.

No difference from Bob Jones University.

Reba's post in above is correct as well.

the Center for Security Policy published something about sharia law. it is a bad law. no freedom for women.

there was an article at American Renaissance about 2 black kids suing BK because the manager asked them do you speak Spanish because al the workers speak and write Spanish, not American English.

Here in Houston, Texas there are restaurants that will not take your order if you don't speak mexican. Note, that means no service, no food and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back