Age is just number...

rebeccalj

Reaction score
Amongst the Deaf.

Have you noticed that the Deaf associate regardless of age? Not when dating, of course, but in group socials. Even here I see how easy to get along with poster regardless if 20 or 60.

On hearie forum I probably reply to people more my own age. Just realize today.

I hope I explain right.

Amongst the Deaf.

Have you noticed that the Deaf associate regardless of age? Not when dating, of course, but in group socials. Even here I see how easy to get along with poster regardless if 20 or 60.

I hope I explain right.

That's true here for sure. But we are such a small core group of people it wouldn't work if we were only associating with our own age group.

I think there's only about 30 to 40 active deaf posters most of the time.

Amongst the Deaf.

I hope I explain right.

:)

That's true here for sure. But we are such a small core group of people it wouldn't work if we were only associating with our own age group.

I think there's only about 30 to 40 active deaf posters most of the time.

Maybe I do not have enough online forum experience. Only belong to 3 other online forum including my own. Seem different here how age, how do you say, transcended?

I agree that here on the forum, we all chat amongst ourselves regardless of age pretty much, but that is also true for me on several other forums I read or participate in. I'm in several forums concerned with poodles specifically, or obedience or agility training, some concerned with politics and current events, and I read and sometimes participate in TWOP. (Television Without Pity.) All of those forums transcend age in the same way; common interests bring us together.

That's part of the beauty of the internet; we can talk to people we would never meet in real life. Or off-line life. However it is we describe the way people used to live!

Wirelessly posted

Yes, makes sense. We develop friendships regardless of age for social nothing wrong with that.

it just that 50+ are talk about "when I was your age, I my parents drop me off to school"

it just that 50+ are talk about "when I was your age, I my parents drop me off to school"

not always, i know a 76 yo lady goes 'i want your cock! i will teach you, you good kisser?' and not its not on this forum , i mean in real life,,, geeez some people DONT grow 'old' lol

i tend to get on better with older folks (and no not that randy granny, shes a good laugh but i keep my distance, as does a lot of other mates too)...put differently i cant stand pomous old fashioned but outdoorsy beer drinking old follks are hard cases...they are more fun that the young aggressive *i want to show i drink more than you* the olds are like drink on own pace and just want to laugh...pity i cant find younger folks who do that, and when i do find them they have money what they do? buy flash clothes , cars and brag about that, bloody shallow people

Rebaj , my guess, it might have more to do with literacy than age in regard of the sharing of experiences of deafness ?

Yep, I socialize with many deaf of all ages too here at the deaf club.

The last time someone said to me that age is nothing but a number, he was attempting to hit on me. We've been dating ever since :D

I do notice on AD that conversations seemed to be picked up by people of all ages. Pretty cool to see.

Yeah, that is right. When I tried to talk to many younger hearie kids or college kids, they speak totally different languages that I never heard of it before, there are many new slangs, jargons, and words from the lyrics that seem popular to use to communicate with other young hearies groups. It's like I'm getting too old to interact younger generations. When my son talk to me other day on the phone and at one point I have to say..."English please???" He speaking like a txt msg shortcut!!

But in our deaf group, we are pretty much know how to use the langauges.

Back