Advice on hearing aids please;)

That was the only beeping sound I kept on mine. I did not need my HA to beep whenever I turned it up or down. I found the beeping to be very annoying , and not cool at all. I hate beeping sounds .

for me, when I lower or turn up the volume, it clicks. try that option with the audi and see if that helps! (idk if it's gonna work on yours since U have the SP version)

for me, when I lower or turn up the volume, it clicks. try that option with the audi and see if that helps! (idk if it's gonna work on yours since U have the SP version)

I really do not need to have my HA made any sounds when I turn it up or down , I can tell that whatever I am listening to is getting louder or softer.

yeah but the beeping is also helpful to let you know that the battery's going! (the beeps are pretty cool sounding but annoying at the same time LOL)
*the beeps sounds alot more like a robotlike tone to let me know it's about to go*

On my Siemens Motion hearing aid once you hear the beeps your battery is dead! Could that be adjusted to give you an earlier warning? It happened to me a few times when I was out with people and I had no extra batteries with me.

I have a sensorial hearing impairment that dips into the sever/profound range. I was fitted with starkey CICs five years ago. One has stopped working. They are no longer under warranty and will cost $400 to fix.
Should I get it fixed or should I consider buying a new pair?
If I get a new pair I think something with more power (behind the ear) would be my best bet. Are they more affordable then CICs? I paid $7000 for the Starkeys:( I don't think they were worth it.
Sorry for all the questions:$

If you are financially embarrassed, get the one fixed and give yourself more time to get the money together to buy new ones. I would say BTE's is your best option.

I had a visit with my Audi and my hearing is a little worse. As others posters suggested, my HAs don't cover my hearing deficit.
Audi. suggests getting Nera Pro mini RITEs with micro molds. $5220 for two. Anyone have these? Is the price reasonable?

Melissa, I'm trying the Neras in December (BTE option as I will need the volume switch)
@Chase, yep. but guess what, if you have Oticon so 4 beeps and the battery is dead!
for my Siemens, it makes a crackling static sound to tell you it's about to go! *my Siemens are damn old as hell!*

The ones I have now beep. But it's not early enough to make a difference. It's like beep beep then 1 min later they shut off.. I find it pointless.

The ones I have now beep. But it's not early enough to make a difference. It's like beep beep then 1 min later they shut off.. I find it pointless.

then go for the one that can last 2 wks (mine takes a 13 so going with that again for new ones because I work, I'm school and go to community!!!!)

hopefully this'll be better ;)

Wow 2 weeks! That would be great! The ones I have now take a size 10 battery so I am lucky to squeeze 4 days out of them.
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely look into getting ones with bigger batteries.

I'm been use hearing aids as child till my mom decide stop I'm use that because more lots money to pay for that!!

I never use CI in my life my parents wouldn't allowed me have that because I'm raise deaf as baby at ten month old but my parents wouldn't pay grant money!

Hard to explain for that

Wow 2 weeks! That would be great! The ones I have now take a size 10 battery so I am lucky to squeeze 4 days out of them.
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely look into getting ones with bigger batteries.

yep, for me with the 13s, I usually replace the batteries every Monday before school. *take that as tip if U get a hearing aid like that*

Back