ADA law

Tousi

Reaction score
Thought you'd might like to know that President Bush today signed into law the ADA Amendment Act of 2008!

Posted On: September 12, 2008 by Gangemi Law Firm, P.C.
Senate Passes ADA Amendment Act of 2008

In June 2008, the House of Representatives passed the ADA Amendment Act of 2008. (See Proposed Amendments to ADA Restore Disability Discrimination Protections, June 28, 2008.) Yesterday, the Senate unanimously passed its own version of the ADA Amendment Act. A conformed version will be submitted to the President for signature within the next several weeks.

The ADA Amendment Act goes a long way in restoring protections that were promised by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, but rescinded by unfavorable Supreme Court decisions that interpreted the protections of the statute narrowly.

Link to source:http://www.newyorkemploymentattorneyblog.com/2008/09/senate_passes_ada_amendment_ac.html

Posted On: September 12, 2008 by Gangemi Law Firm, P.C.
Senate Passes ADA Amendment Act of 2008

In June 2008, the House of Representatives passed the ADA Amendment Act of 2008. (See Proposed Amendments to ADA Restore Disability Discrimination Protections, June 28, 2008.) Yesterday, the Senate unanimously passed its own version of the ADA Amendment Act. A conformed version will be submitted to the President for signature within the next several weeks.

The ADA Amendment Act goes a long way in restoring protections that were promised by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, but rescinded by unfavorable Supreme Court decisions that interpreted the protections of the statute narrowly.

Link to source:Senate Passes ADA Amendment Act of 2008 :: New York Employment Attorney Blog

Yep. Senate passed it on 9/12/08. It was expected that Bush would sign whatever version passed his desk.

ohh! restore of ada! isee.. no wonder i got news from someone else that some were ugercy to busniess to hire deaf the most as they can.. somehow i havent heard from that since spring time.. then now this! that explain.. thank! i will inform to my friend about it..

Hi,

I am look for an email address of the EEO/VA Dept at DC area? I was hoping someone (deaf employer) who works there?.

Thank you,

Deafbear

Back