Acting "Gay"

OhioCincinn

Reaction score
The only thing i do not understand about "Gay" people is the reason that SOME not all act "Gay". Like when i look at someone that perfers the same sex i just know their gay. Why is that that? Because i'm straight doesn't mean i start to mimic a man. So why do gay people act like the opposite sex... etc. lesbians some act like men... Gay... some act like woman. So what do you all think about that?

That's a good question. I think it's because they want to be like the opposite sex. I personally like GLBTs when they act like themselves, not like the opposite sex.

if your gay that's fine with me but be yourself... your just making things worst by pretending to be something your not.

yes-- ive known a few straight males or women who act gay or lesbian when in fact they turned out to be straight

all these labels and definations ("act gay") are the result of a predjuced society. Ignore the labels and the way some people insist how others are "supposed" to act and just accept everybody as they really are: human beings.

Bush_in_2004! said:
all these labels and definations ("act gay") are the result of a predjuced society. Ignore the labels and the way some people insist how others are "supposed" to act and just accept everybody as they really are: human beings.

Thanx Bush for your enlightened comment. Well said.

However, I am still perplexed as to why straights are so preoccupied with the idea of acting Gay.

And OhioCincinn, straight people so act straight. So much that soem are boorish in their behaviour. Think of boys nights out, think of how marriage ceremonies are conducted, think how boys are supposed to like sports, think how we are told we should act...like man is not supposed to cry etc....think of how women play on their feminity to attract, accentuate the boobs, overdo the perfume, and so on......... think about how straight society defines how we express our sexuality.

For your information, my best mate is straight, but if u didn't know, u would think he is Gay. When he was growing up, one of his best mates was gay, so he picked up on some "gay" traits. It's called enculturation. But me thinks he is simply in touch with his feminine side.

And NO we do not wish to be, or like the opposite sex. Gay and LEsbian is attracting to the same sex, not wanting to be the opposite sex.

Deaf Brutha

Last edited:
Just because one is gay does not mean he HAS to act like a feminine man. There are several different categories of gay men. Some gay men like the same sex, and it usually means that they like the masculine men. So, they act "normal" like straight men. Some other gay men like to act feminine. As for lesbians, there are both feminine and butch lesbians, it is only a part of their personality.

Babyphat is right, there are some straight men who are feminine, but still like women. I do not think that it is a matter of pretending to be something that they are not.

kuifje75 said:
Just because one is gay does not mean he HAS to act like a feminine man. There are several different categories of gay men. Some gay men like the same sex, and it usually means that they like the masculine men. So, they act "normal" like straight men. Some other gay men like to act feminine. As for lesbians, there are both feminine and butch lesbians, it is only a part of their personality.

Babyphat is right, there are some straight men who are feminine, but still like women. I do not think that it is a matter of pretending to be something that they are not.

But it begs the question, why does a Gay person have to act normal? And what the heck is normal? Acting normal as eveyrbody keeps talking about is still defined in straight terms. Man is masculine and woman is feminine and anyone not following that is categorised as not normal.

BabyPhat21 said:
I know straight people that act gay........it goes both way
hah i'm one of those straight that act gay, but not all of time, only sometimes

Back