Abuse and Neglect of Children with Disabilities

After reading of so many members here that been abuse as a child which is very sad and upsetting to me and of course everyone else here I wanted to see if deaf and hoh kids were abuse more and sadly the answer is yes. And more sadly is there this is not even being talked about or reported on TV . I had never seen even on story about on TV , something needs to be done to stop this from happening ! :(

Sad but not really surprising. :(

Sad but not really surprising. :(

I know , I kind of knew what I would find but was hoping I was wrong.
My daughter took care of kids that had disabilities that lived at home for kid with disabilities . Some kids had no idea their parents were never coming back to take them home or even see them again. It was heartbreaking . :(

Children with <perceived> disabilities - especially cognitive/neurological disabilities - are known to have a higher vulnerability and incidence of abuse. And with the mental health and foster care systems so overloaded and understaffed it is a tragic "perfect storm" to happen.

I think with the mandated reporting and some of the social changes the situation has improved but still it's too much.:(

Children with <perceived> disabilities - especially cognitive/neurological disabilities - are known to have a higher vulnerability and incidence of abuse. And with the mental health and foster care systems so overloaded and understaffed it is a tragic "perfect storm" to happen.

I think with the mandated reporting and some of the social changes the situation has improved but still it's too much.:(

When I was health aide I had a young teenage a girl for a client , she has
disabilities and she had a very nice figure . While she was at a group home she raped repeatedly and was removed from there to live with a family member. The poor girl would be told to go into her bedroom when she wanted to touch herself. She had no idea she was raped , it was very heartbreaking and sad . I only took care of her once b/c I was covering for another health aide. This happen at nursing homes too with women that have Alzheimer's. Something needs to be done to protect people that can't speak for themselves . :( I saw what happen when a
perfect storm happen as a health aide and made my blood boil !

There unit in London just for young deaf who been abused not necessarily physical but either made feel worthless or parents refused them education or no allowance for deaf refused let them sign and that shown to have bad effects.lonley life.

WDYS, post #6:(
very heartbreaking

caz,
so lonely indeed....

Unfortunatly these facts concern most countries.beyond me why humans can do this let alone to own children..I just can't get into head of these people

Unfortunatly these facts concern most countries.beyond me why humans can do this let alone to own children..I just can't get into head of these people
Evil has no limits. :(

Without trying high jack thread when do raputure start and what is it again..all this evil like poor children humans seem so cruel to children

Without trying high jack thread when do raputure start and what is it again..all this evil like poor children humans seem so cruel to children
No one on earth knows when it will happen, and when it does, it will happen in the twinkling of an eye, and all the born-again believers will disappear from the earth.

As relating to this thread, sadly, the Rapture will not solve the abuse and neglect of people with disabilities because evil will still be present on earth.

WDYS, post #6:(
very heartbreaking

caz,
so lonely indeed....

Yes it was a very sad case , you really had to be able to handle working with all kinds of abuse as a health aide . She was so sweet and innocent and that made her an easy target. :(

my experience with health aides has been gratifying, I've met some wonderful folks doing a very hard job.
my first post-college job I worked at a Jewish Community Center pilot program, It was a new program for older people with dementia or other physical frailties, people who needed daytime supervision.

It was me as a group assistant, the group leader and a CNA. The CNA was very experienced, about twice mine and my co-worker's age. She was so gentle and patient and just...she struck me as very wise.

I worked will nursery children special needs unfortunately I could not hack it and left

my experience with health aides has been gratifying, I've met some wonderful folks doing a very hard job.
my first post-college job I worked at a Jewish Community Center pilot program, It was a new program for older people with dementia or other physical frailties, people who needed daytime supervision.

It was me as a group assistant, the group leader and a CNA. The CNA was very experienced, about twice mine and my co-worker's age. She was so gentle and patient and just...she struck me as very wise.

I loved being a health aide , I got to meet some very interesting and nice people . I had clients with all kind of health issues and a lot had dementia or Alzheimer's . I went to people homes or senior housing and I also had clients that were young . Yes it was very hard work and I worked alone with my clients . A nurse would come on the first day I got a new client to go over the case with me. I worked at two companies when hours were cut back and had to work a new assisted living center for a day. I was hoping I could work there more but they had already hired people . It would had been less driving around . I had to drive 200 miles when I worked on the weekend .

I saw this a lot growing up, my parents took in foster kids and we got to know why they were in the system. A few were there because they were unwanted due to metal health. One kid had adha and his mom put him in the system...adha of all things. In my family health issues are normal. I am hoh, my sister is blind in 1 eye, my brother has asperge and epilepsy. Every women in my family gets alzheimer's at 60. My 3 year old has autism. All these things are normal for us. So it is extremely sad to think parents and health aids can't care for them. They are still human

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

I saw this a lot growing up, my parents took in foster kids and we got to know why they were in the system. A few were there because they were unwanted due to metal health. One kid had adha and his mom put him in the system...adha of all things. In my family health issues are normal. I am hoh, my sister is blind in 1 eye, my brother has asperge and epilepsy. Every women in my family gets alzheimer's at 60. My 3 year old has autism. All these things are normal for us. So it is extremely sad to think parents and health aids can't care for them. They are still human

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

That is so sad parents not wanting their b/c they had add ADHD . :(
My daughter told there kids waiting for visit from their parents at the group home she worked at and it was so sad . I won't let anyone take care of child when she was little only my sister or some friends I trusted.
I couldn't trust my own parents to protect me as a child so I was very
protected of my child . My friends called me Ma Bear when it came to my baby.

I worked at doctor banardo big children's place where proberly more abuse went on there than they claim allegedly.i ran the nursery called city gardens closed now.the kids were under 5 I would imagine uncles daddies and brothers all one of same thing double triple incest leaves very strange children and people would not talk about it let alone admit it so kids often went back to parent.i hacked it 6 months then had get out.knew my limits

I say it all alleged because they still open and main office place called inform.i sure things have changed

Back