Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by deafdyke
Almost forgot.....did you know that the surgery to save a woman's life when she has an etopic pregnancy is considered an abortion? Etopic pregananies if left untreated are always 100% FATAL!!! (and there's absolutly positively NO way for the fetus to surivive to term!)

Yeah, Im aware of that...that IS good reason to have abortion. If didn't have aborted which have epotic pregnancy can kill you since there's no way that baby can survive to stay & grow inside of tube (not on uterus).

eternity said:
Then they are both DEADBEAT parents. I did do the drugs and alcohol while I was pregnant.

*gasp*.. that is like hurting the baby too!! whatever u do drugs or use alcohol that goes straight to the baby.. its the truth..

deafdyke said:
Almost forgot.....did you know that the surgery to save a woman's life when she has an etopic pregnancy is considered an abortion? Etopic pregananies if left untreated are always 100% FATAL!!! (and there's absolutly positively NO way for the fetus to surivive to term!)

Etopic pregnancies are 100% fatal for the growing embryo (it never really becomes a fetus in the tubes). I experienced one of those without my knowledge, and I was very lucky when it happened, supposed to go to emergency surgery but it already bursted in the tube,... I didn't know I was pregnant at all, and I suffered HORRIBLE pain from it... but the worst was over by the time I found it was was actually an etopic pregnancy (not an ovary cyst, kidney infection as originally thought).

I'm against abortion.....

Cheri said:
*gasp*.. that is like hurting the baby too!! whatever u do drugs or use alcohol that goes straight to the baby.. its the truth..

You know you are absurd. The fact you are lacking of knowledge about those stuff. Please go research more. :wave:

eternity said:
You know you are absurd. The fact you are lacking of knowledge about those stuff. Please go research more. :wave:

the only thing absurb is your responses to peoples opinions

eternity said:

Its the Fact... Check it out...http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/681_1170.asp... Drinking Alcohol During Pregnancy

Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause physical and mental birth defects. Each year, more than 40,000 babies are born with some degree of alcohol related damage. Although many women are aware that heavy drinking during pregnancy can cause birth defects, many do not realize that moderate—or even light—drinking also may harm the fetus.If a pregnant woman has one or two drinks before she realizes she is pregnant, can it harm the baby?
It is unlikely that the occasional drink a woman takes before she realizes she is pregnant will harm her baby. The baby’s brain and other organs begin developing around the third week of pregnancy, however, and are vulnerable to damage in these early weeks. Because no amount of alcohol is proven safe, a woman should stop drinking immediately if she even suspects she could be pregnant, and she should abstain from all alcohol if attempting to become pregnant... Thank u.. U should know this .. this is post up in all hospitals and even Clinics...and.... Drugs and pregnancy....Which Drugs are Dangerous?

Virtually all illegal drugs, such as heroin and cocaine, pose dangers to a pregnant woman. Legal substances, such as alcohol and tobacco, are also dangerous, and even medical drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, can be harmful. For her own health and the health of her baby-to-be, a woman should avoid all of them as much as possible, from the time she first plans to become pregnant or learns that she is pregnant.The stage of organ formation

Most of the body organs and systems of the baby-to-be are formed within the first ten weeks or so of pregnancy (calculated from the date of the last menstrual period). During this stage, some drugs—and alcohol in particular—can cause malformations of such parts of the developing fetus as the heart, the limbs, and the facial features....

Last edited:
OH boyyy I m agree with Cheri... if peeps are against abortion it's alright i do respect their's wish but i has abortion in 1997 it's my right decision if they blame me for having abortion i don't give a d*mn i has good reason plus i m not ready to be mother this time i was 22 year old i has long way to learn lesson by mistake. same thing to WOMEN who has abortion or give up for kids put to fors(sp) home or keep child it's their's decision so can't BLAME them for reason that

Last edited:
I agree with what Cheri says..it actually is really fact....it can be harmful to the baby whenever the mother has to drink and smoke as well..it aint even right....

Eterinty...why do ya have to come down on everything that has been said in here....why not experience that for yourself and see why...ya simply too boorish or just cant take the shit huh?? THEN grow up and think about it!!! Geez....ya're a poor excuse eh...just grow up and think about what the folks are saying...beside I think abortion could only be used when a lady's health is suddenly in trouble...like life-threatening, etc..

Ahhh!! Abortion, my favorite debating topic!! :S

I am pro life. I do not believe in abortions whatosver. I believe it is murder. IF a woman is 6 months pregnant and decides to have an abortion, she goes free while if a woman gives birth to a premature baby when she was 6 months pregnant and decides to kill her baby, she gets charged. What's wrong with this picture?

Did you know that usually when the doctors performs a partial life birth, they kill the baby inside the vaginal canal just so it wouldn't be "murder" because they died "inside" the woman.

Babies as early as 8-9 weeks fetuses can feel pain. That proves that they are just like us. They have heartbeats, they have nervous systems like we do. So sucking them out will not be painless. It will be painful for both babies and mothers.

There are also many clinics where abortions are performed, many women have became sick and died but doctors covers those deaths up as something unrelated to abortions. Many of those doctors, nurses, staffs do it for money.

Having given birth to two children and suffering five miscarriages, I know the delights of giving births and the grief of losing babies and I just cannot see how I can purposely "get rid" of my babies.

It's just my opinion, that's all.

Eternity,

When I was pregnant with my first child, I didn't know I was pregnant. I was sixteen years old and I was always out for having a good time drinking and getting high. One day, I started having bad bad cramps and started bleeding. It was an unusual pain and my period was missed but me being busy partying didn't notice until my roommate decided to take me to the hospital and it turned out I had miscarriaged because I was taking drugs and drinking. Drinking and taking drugs can kill babies. It killed mine.

Researches has proven that no amount of booze is safe so it is safer NOT to drink during pregnancy. Some women can drink a little then their babies are born deformed and some women can drink lots and their babies are born fine. We don't know so why risk it?

That baby should have a chance to live and be adopted by loveing parents.

Eternity...dear...just shut the fuck up and quit fighting back because you'll never win.

EVERYONE in here knows that alcholism and drugs are completely WRONG against babies and children...they don't deserve an early death in their youthful lives. It's PARENTS who deserve death for not taking full responsblity with their child, and the child is taking health risks, and soon starts to die and the parents always fight for themselves trying to prove innocent, which they should know, that they are NOT because they dont' give a rat's ass about the risks of acholism and drugs that would bring such damage and disaster into a child's life. No matter how much they take...less or more, they would still get MORE, and even a small mistake would turn into a big mistake...I won't tell you what, but you can figure that out yourself, since you seem to be an expert with ahocol and drugs, you do more research from what I said...from what everyone says, or whatever...but if you think your daughter is going to be doing fine, well then good for you. But what if she does the same thing to HER children but might add some MORE to them? Are you willing to teach your daughter about drugs and acholo as she gets older? Do you think she will live a long, healthy, richful life? Well that would be your opinon anyway but whatever. If anyone ever caught you doing those stuff like that, and try to get the cops on you and they cap your ass in jail, well seemily you do deserve it and your daughter should be with other people who knows full responsblity with childiren.

Overpopulation is getting to be a problem. Abortion is just another way of controlling the population. :) I'm sorry, but this is hard reality. We can afford to consider abortion now that it is a safe procedure with little risk.
Abortion was generally advised against about a century ago BECAUSE it killed the mothers by using poor and life threatening techniques to abort the fetus. It was messy, too! It also could've made the woman sterile. Today, improved greatly, it even saves lives - etopic pregnancy is very dangerous to have, and generally it is a good reason to abort it. Not being ready is another good reason regardless of how you may feel about it, because abortion is a lesser evil of many other evils quite frankly.

I think too many children grow up in an abusive household, and they are treated like shit or they've had to be adults too early - because the parents were probably too immature to have children. Parents haven't learned to not repeat their parents' mistakes and continue the cycle.

In China, it is a practice to have only one child per family. Sons are preferred over daughters, I think. Daughters are not generally cared for. I have heard horror stories of girl babies being discarded AFTER birth.

Abortion is a necessary evil if you want to look at it this way, and it is the lesser of these evils in this world. How high and mighty some pro life people are, yet they might've treated children like shit. Think about it.

Of course children are being abused everyday. That is unforunate but that is what child protection/children's aid is for!!! We don't offer abortion because what if that parent will be bad. I think it's wrong.

I assume you are calling me high and mighty because I am a pro life. That is an insult. I do not insult you because you are pro choice. You and I have a difference of opinions and there is nothing wrong with disagreeing but when it comes to insults, I will not stand for that. I know there are many people who are pro life who go totally crazy trying to make people believe the same way they do, and same with pro choicers. Don't go around assuming everyone's the same. Thank you.

To answer to your overpopulation comment...

The current birth rate in America is less than what is needed to maintain our population level. In 1957, the average American woman in her reproductive years bore 3.7 children. Taking into account all causes of death and the increases in average life span, zero population growth requires that the average woman bears 2.1 children. Since 1972, the average in America has been 1.8 children – a figure that is below zero population growth. In fact, any increases since 1972 have been due to immigration.

People are not having 10 children like they were 20 30 years ago. Many people instead have one or two children beacuse the costs have risen and it is very expensive to raise children. I have also seen many people decide to go childfree. THey choose not to have children because they either don't want children or they know they won't be good parents.

Most overpopulations is due to immigration. People moving to our countries from other countries.

Also to answer your Abortion is safe comment...

Abortion is not safer than full term pregnancy and childbirth. Less than one in 10,000 pregnancies results in the mother’s death. Government statistics indicate the chances of death by abortion are even less – however, deaths from childbirth are accurately reported, while many deaths by legal abortion are not – completely skewing the statistics. Abortion actually increases the chance of maternal death in later pregnancies. Women face injuries to the uterus, cervix, urinary tract, infection, hemorrhage, heart failure, embolism, sterilizations, ruptured intestines & bowels, coma, and even death. In addition, there are countless cases of abortionists sexually abusing their clients while under anesthesia. In fact, you're four times more likely to die in the year following your abortion. Further, woman who have abortions suffer mental health declines, while those who deliver their child actually have improved mental health.

So this is saying that women who die from childbirth is usually reported BUT women who die from having an abortion is usually underreported because many doctors are afraid of getting sued. So they usually change the death certificate to something else to cover their own asses. If and hopefully it happens, there is an accurate report on how many women have died from abortion, I believe it will beat women who have died from childbirth.

Oh, about the one child policy in China. Does that mean they have a right to force women to have an abortion? You were talking about how those poor children were being hurt.. Let's look at a normal scene if a woman was to become pregnant with her second child.

An example of forced abortion:

It is not uncommon for women in China to become pregnant with a second child, but it is very uncommon for that child to live. An example of the harshness of China's population control laws is the case of one woman who was pregnant with her second child. The police found her and arrested her. They forced her to a local family planning center. At the family planning center, the woman was injected with rivanol which is an abortion drug that is supposed to make the baby be born dead. The abortion didn't go as planned, and the baby was born alive. Doctor Yin Wong was called in to terminate the life of this innocent, new born baby boy. In the event that there is an abortion survivor, an injection of twenty milliliters of iodine or alcohol is injected into the soft spot on the infants head. This will kill the infant within five minutes. The older doctors at the center had always taken care of injecting the infants. Dr. Wong refused to kill the infant. Dr. Wong tries to save the infant's life. When her superiors found that the infant was still alive they ordered her to give the injection immediately. Doctor Wong refused again. Doctor Wong was banished to a remote mountain region in China because of her actions. Luckily she was able to escape from China.

Is this right? They are not taking an unborn child's rights away, but its mother's rights away as well.

http://www.needham.k12.ma.us/High_School/cur/kane97/P6/eep6/eep6.html

Last edited:
it s toooooo sad... very tragedy... I thought that China has gotten over with that but I didn t realize it s still happening out there. Abortion is very sentitive situation when it comes down to discussions...I remain to stay on ground with my belief against abortion. Everyday, hundred of thousands babies being killed and thrown in the garbage bin piles amongs with other babies... some women who felt that they have no choice due to their religions beliefs, or their families, or even that they feel that babies are too much of responsibliies when they want to be free from.. there are a lot of reasons but for me, I would say that they ought to keep the babies no matter what. They had unprotected sex, they have to face their own conquenses by keeping the babies OR have an open adoptions. BUT, why having abortions??????

I was abortion long time ago because of father who is drinking and drugs lowlife.. kept stealing my $$ and have no choice to keep 2nd child.. and end up good reason with my Dr.. Agreed with me.. It's over

Really hurts me so badly because i made choice..

I'm glad That guy is end up his life.. good bye.. Now I have wonderful mr right man and got beautiful two babies. 1st child from 1st father who is drinking and drugs.. I kept first child and decide not want staying end up with him..

Sometimes I feel pain my feelings when I made choice (ordeal trauma) not easy for me.. I do agree againist abortion which babies are growth starting heartbeats and etc etc.. Best for everyones who can willing give adoption.

Unless if good reason some women who had raped.. by the way their choice good reason.. If women who truly too young have preggy.. have to talk counselloring and special home for youth who have preggy.
In Ontario,Canada... Some town where have provide youth group home who have preggy as such shelter home.
There have good counselloring and happy to help youth people can find right decision for thier child needs place to live as adoption or condiser keep their child and have to apply the welfare..

butterflygal said:
I assume you are calling me high and mighty because I am a pro life. That is an insult. I do not insult you because you are pro choice. You and I have a difference of opinions and there is nothing wrong with disagreeing but when it comes to insults, I will not stand for that. I know there are many people who are pro life who go totally crazy trying to make people believe the same way they do, and same with pro choicers. Don't go around assuming everyone's the same. Thank you.

Reread my post, butterflygal. I think you misunderstood me with your "conclusion" especially about what I have said regarding pro life folks. :)

I am talking about the double standards of some pro life people who kill or abuse others. Does this include you?

There is nothing wrong about agreeing to disagree. ;)

Bookwormet said:
BUT, why having abortions??????

I thought some already answered that. Life endangering ecoptic pregnancy and other personal reasons. :Oops: I guess their explanation isn't acceptable to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back