ABC Family app on your iPhone and iPad includes CC

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Following in the footsteps of its ABC Player program, which gave mobile users full episodes of hit ABC series in an ad-supported app, the company has announced the launch of an ABC Family app that showcases full episodes with ad support of the channel's original series, such as Jane By Design, Switched at Birth and The Secret Life of an American Teenager. Episodes become available the day after they air on TV.

The ABC Family app will be the first from ABC/Disney to support closed captioning, and also features the ability to bookmark playback position in an episode across iOS devices. The program will also offer direct links to the iTunes Store for those who want to buy episodes. The channel is part of the cable TV lineup in over 97 million US homes, offering family-friendly original shows, syndicated shows and original and theatrical movie releases.

In addition to full episodes, the app also offers a schedule of shows and a viewing history. It is free of charge and requires iOS 5.0 or later, and can play on iPhones, iPads and the iPod Touch.

ABC-ABCFamilyapp-inline2.jpg

Read more: ABC Family launches free app that showcases full episodes | Electronista

I have sent a feedback to ABC via ABC Player app to add CC support since ABC Family app included CC support which means they can do that too!

I have sent a feedback to ABC via ABC Player app to add CC support since ABC Family app included CC support which means they can do that too!

Great!I hope so. I will do to send feedback for supporting CC on all ABC programs. :)

ABC Player for iOS now include cc support!

App Store - ABC Player
(This update requires iOS 5.0 and higher)
* The ABC Player is now also available on iPhone and iPod touch!
* The app is now optimized for the new iPad retina display
* Closed captioning is now available on select shows and episodes. Look for the "CC" logo when playing back an episode to turn on closed captioning.
* Your viewing history is now synched across all your iOS devices if you have iCloud enabled
* Episode thumbnails now indicate when episodes are new (added within the last 6 days) and if they're going to expire in the next week
* Bug fixes

ABC Player for iOS now include cc support!

App Store - ABC Player
(This update requires iOS 5.0 and higher)
* The ABC Player is now also available on iPhone and iPod touch!
* The app is now optimized for the new iPad retina display
* Closed captioning is now available on select shows and episodes. Look for the "CC" logo when playing back an episode to turn on closed captioning.
* Your viewing history is now synched across all your iOS devices if you have iCloud enabled
* Episode thumbnails now indicate when episodes are new (added within the last 6 days) and if they're going to expire in the next week
* Bug fixes

Finally!! for supporting CC on OS devices. If you can't find this app at App Store on your iPhone or iPod Touch, You can synch app into your OS device via iTunes.

Last edited:
Back