Aaarggghh! Breyer's Ice Cream!

kokonut

Reaction score
!@#%@#%

I hadn't noticed but over the last several months I noticed my vanilla ice cream with vanilla bean specks just didn't seem to taste right. And finally I looked at the label a few days ago. Tara gum. Ah, so that's why. It's no longer the famous 4 simple ingredients it touted in their ad with cream, milk, sugar and vanilla (plus the beans).

Crap.

A little digging.

Tara Gum and Bryers Natural Ice Cream: Unilever's Response ? A Daily Scoop: Ice Cream Reviews

Breyer's Ice Cream Has Tara Gum - The Consumerist

So, I'm kicking out my long loved and favorite ice cream brand out the door.

A replacement? Well, to my delight I found Turkey Hill ice cream to contain only the four natural ingredients (CREAM, NONFAT MILK, SUGAR, VANILLA) that was once the hallmark of Breyer's ice cream. And using the website's store locator I found one just a few miles away that carry Turkey Hill vanilla ice cream. Plan to buy one tonight.

Vanilla Bean All Natural Recipe | Turkey Hill Dairy

I used to love the Bryer's vanilla bean! It's been a long time since I have that though. Turkey Hill is my favorite store bought icecream! :)

Sassy Cow ice crream, made from local, pastured cattle, short ingredient list - milk, sugar, vanilla, cream as far as I recall. I just got it for hubby who does eat dairy. He used to LOVE Breyers and then we switched to a small, local company similar to one described above - but they got flooded out a couple of years ago when we had real bad flooding in the state. When it comes to sweets we either go with real sugar, or I use stevia, raw agave, raw honey or maple syrup on occasion. Neither of us use artificial sweeteners.

Did not know of Turkey Hill, will look it up cause am curious

Gee - maybe that's why I'm getting so many headaches lately. The flavoring for my morning coffee has Splenda as well. I guess I better change things again.

Yeah, I hate using those artificial sweeteners... heard too many bad things about using them.

I figure, God made sugar so it can't be THAT bad for ya! Haha!

I bought a tub of the french vanilla about a month ago. It definitely seemed to have lost it's flavor and was too fluffy. I dunno, I think the whole operation has gone down hill. I think I can buy Turkey Hill at the Kroger Pay-Less in Lafayette. I'll check it out.

Right now, I'm in Chico, CA, and we've got Shuberts, one of the best local ice creameries in the country!

I bought a tub of the french vanilla about a month ago. It definitely seemed to have lost it's flavor and was too fluffy. I dunno, I think the whole operation has gone down hill. I think I can buy Turkey Hill at the Kroger Pay-Less in Lafayette. I'll check it out.

Right now, I'm in Chico, CA, and we've got Shuberts, one of the best local ice creameries in the country!

:hmm: French vanilla? If there aren't any black specks I don't want it! :lol:

For Turkey Hill, if you people like chocolate and pnb, their chocolate pnb cup flavor is to die for!:D

As far as Splenda. It is a good product for people who are diabetic or attempting to lose weight. Use it in moderation. I was using it a lot and decided I just didn't need things as sweet. :)

Turkey Hill Ice Cream sounds good but how does I find at grocery store? I live in the southeast state.

Couldn't find this product at wal fart.

I do like chocolate ice cream.

Back