A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

One of our core group members might be leaving. He's making the decision today, but sounds like his mind's made up. I can't blame him, and always appreciate when coworkers find a better job. Not to mention all the staff reductions already endured has been stressful. Sadly this would mean we're losing both the people mainly responsible for his field. We won't be able to backfill, either. Very hard to find people highly skilled in VoIP and also versatile in programming, system administration, and other fields.

One of our core group members might be leaving. He's making the decision today, but sounds like his mind's made up. I can't blame him, and always appreciate when coworkers find a better job. Not to mention all the staff reductions already endured has been stressful. Sadly this would mean we're losing both the people mainly responsible for his field. We won't be able to backfill, either. Very hard to find people highly skilled in VoIP and also versatile in programming, system administration, and other fields.

Oh, no. I am sorry to hear that. At my hubby's division, they are starting to quit for various reasons like they want to be useful. One of the guys got a degree in BS and MS in engineering, and complained it to the manager that he had gotten bored with his job. The manager told him that he had no talent to offer. He left, of course. The division is very desperate to find engineers with BOTH engineering and computer background. Many engineers has no computer background, which makes it harder to hire.

giphy.gif

My dad's neighbor who have ducks visiting their swimming pool. :)

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 11.46.47 PM.png

Oh, no. I am sorry to hear that. At my hubby's division, they are starting to quit for various reasons like they want to be useful. One of the guys got a degree in BS and MS in engineering, and complained it to the manager that he had gotten bored with his job. The manager told him that he had no talent to offer. He left, of course. The division is very desperate to find engineers with BOTH engineering and computer background. Many engineers has no computer background, which makes it harder to hire.
Been offline a while. On top of this, an aunt died, so took a couple of days off work to decompress and avoided being online.
LOL, I completely understand the desire to be useful. Although I often dream of coworkers being useful. We wear a lot of hats here, and people don't realize how good they've had it to go with such a small team for so long. Another one on my team is ready to leave, he's gotten at least 20 certs in AWS, Cisco, Juniper, Linux, and such over the past year and change. I don't think he's actively looking, but he's ready at least. I'm starting on AWS now - not much of a cert person, but places still seem to value them. I miss math and science things, but not in a place to take that big a jump in career.

Some things are puzzling. Oh well, moving forward.

Thank god for casual Fridays. Why are nice clothes so expensive???? I just need some crazy weather cute and professional work outfits that don't require I take out a mortgage. :doh:

Back