A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Sorry AlleyCat.....
We all have our moments....I'll share mine. Last week I brought my mom to the hospital. In all the rush.....I got out, locked my car but left my car running. I hate those stupid auto push buttons. My car is so quiet I can't hear it when it is running. We got back to my car two hours later. I let my mom in and she says "nice how cool it stays in your car". OMG!!!

I did that one time too. Took my sister to catch a plane, went in with her to wait for flight, came out hour or so later to a running car. How stupid I felt!

My downfall has been closing the driver's door on a seatbelt that has not fully retracted. That results in the inside ceiling light staying on. If I don't then have anywhere to drive for up to a week it pulls the battery down and I have to pay to have it jumped and charged.

Sorry AlleyCat.....

We all have our moments....I'll share mine. Last week I brought my mom to the hospital. In all the rush.....I got out, locked my car but left my car running. I hate those stupid auto push buttons. My car is so quiet I can't hear it when it is running. We got back to my car two hours later. I let my mom in and she says "nice how cool it stays in your car". OMG!!!

I did that one time too. Took my sister to catch a plane, went in with her to wait for flight, came out hour or so later to a running car. How stupid I felt!

Thanks!

I left my car running at work once too. It has the fob so it's too easy to forget to shut it off as I can't hear it at all. So quiet. But I have an office with a window so I found that out pretty quick, was probably running only about 10 minutes. I wish the fobs would have an automatic shut-off if you try to lock the door and leave the car. I bet the auto manufacturers are working on that kind of idea.

Thanks!

I left my car running at work once too. It has the fob so it's too easy to forget to shut it off as I can't hear it at all. So quiet. But I have an office with a window so I found that out pretty quick, was probably running only about 10 minutes. I wish the fobs would have an automatic shut-off if you try to lock the door and leave the car. I bet the auto manufacturers are working on that kind of idea.

I guess we were lucky that our cars did lock while left running this time.:giggle:

But you are right, I would think it should be impossible to leave your car, lock it with the engine still running.

I was a guinea pig tonight for my audiologist and the other one in the office. They got a new REM (Real Ear Measurement) instrument recently and, after having taken a class in how to use it, they wanted to try it out on some patients.

It showed the right hearing aid was close to perfectly set but, not surprisingly, the left ear (my worse ear) was off some. It's hard to get it set "perfect" because I have recruitment in that ear if certain frequencies are too loud. Which we were reminded of tonight.

Last edited:
CsBF0gK.gif

My newest addition:

Mossberg 510 20-gauge Muddygirl youth shotgun, 4-shot.

I have to use youth size because I need it light-weight.

Going clay shooting tomorrow (Saturday).

Well, there was supposed to be a picture here but I keep getting the message that JPG/JPEG is not a valid image file. It's what I've always used before but now it doesn't work.

Well, there was supposed to be a picture here but I keep getting the message that JPG/JPEG is not a valid image file. It's what I've always used before but now it doesn't work.

She's right- I just tried to upload a JPG image and it said the same thing. I don't think it was too big (it would have said that instead). I was going to say maybe it is named oddly like picture.bmp.jpg and software will see it as a jpg but it's really bmp or whatever file format (I've seen xxx.doc.jpg too in the past) but that's not it.

Betting the migration broke that part!

She's right- I just tried to upload a JPG image and it said the same thing. I don't think it was too big (it would have said that instead). I was going to say maybe it is named oddly like picture.bmp.jpg and software will see it as a jpg but it's really bmp or whatever file format (I've seen xxx.doc.jpg too in the past) but that's not it.

I checked the properties on my picture and it was a JPEG.

Calvin's checking on it.

In the meantime, this is it:

Mossberg 510 mini Muddy Girl images

Taking care of my doggie . She gave me a scare on Friday. Anal gland burst ( second time) we rushed to the vet. Everything is going well and we go for a follow up in a week.

Taking care of my doggie . She gave me a scare on Friday. Anal gland burst ( second time) we rushed to the vet. Everything is going well and we go for a follow up in a week.

You need to go regularly to a groomer or your vet and have the anal glands expressed .

It will save the dog a lot of pain and suffering. It isn't that expensive to have it done.

Back