A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Back on track , doing my evening 2 mile walk.

Awesome. I used to walk exactly two miles to work. Took me an hour. Does it take you that long or more?
Yes, I walk from place to the main highways and back. I love it! Scenery and feel the air on my face with music blasting from my ear buds.

Yeah, I have a lot of anxiety about dentists. Lots of bad experiences going up. Like the time one injected my ear lobe with novocaine when he rested his hand on my shoulder. Or the time that he pulled my sister's wrong tooth.

This guy is great. Small office, lets you wear headphones, and has sunglasses so the light isn't glaring at you. They even have TV's in all the rooms if you want to watch something. He's very formal, polite, and friendly and really emphasizes that you are in control and can stop for a break if needed to get get comfortable again.

Yeah, it was fine. The pain is not so bad as the anxiety. It took a long time to get comfortable to go to someone new. I don't mind a little pain, but it'd been a while until I started going regularly again and many of my OLD fillings and such are starting to break down. Amazingly I've got a crown from my first root canal 30 years ago that is still holding strong.

You and I are a lot alike it seems. The sunglasses part and TVs, my current dentist doesn't have at all but that is a cool idea with the sunglasses... I just squeeze my eyes shut lol. They definitely say I can ask for breaks and seems to do it anyway- I have a small mouth so "open WIDE!" doesn't always work for me- causes jaw pain and sometimes jaw goes out of position a little it seems (ow).

I had fillings that lasted for at least 30-35 years until they ALL had to be replaced (I was not thrilled- anxiety big time). Our childhood dentist (who mom went to as a kid!) meant business- his hands were HUGE... and there were times I swear up and down his last name fit him and his occupation perfectly. But he and his wife (the nurse/receptionist) were really nice.

You and I are a lot alike it seems. The sunglasses part and TVs, my current dentist doesn't have at all but that is a cool idea with the sunglasses... I just squeeze my eyes shut lol. They definitely say I can ask for breaks and seems to do it anyway- I have a small mouth so "open WIDE!" doesn't always work for me- causes jaw pain and sometimes jaw goes out of position a little it seems (ow).

I had fillings that lasted for at least 30-35 years until they ALL had to be replaced (I was not thrilled- anxiety big time). Our childhood dentist (who mom went to as a kid!) meant business- his hands were HUGE... and there were times I swear up and down his last name fit him and his occupation perfectly. But he and his wife (the nurse/receptionist) were really nice.
HAHAHA, yeah, Dr Fox was my childhood dentist. His thumbs were big, thanks to bandages from where he got bitten. Often. We didn't have a dentist in town, so had to go to a place 30 minutes away. I think the local guy did adults and was very booked. I got in with him later, then his son took over the business. His son was much better, he did that crown for me. I had a lot of trust with him, and sometimes we didn't even numb things for the small stuff.

One thing that 's weird is he keeps all his stuff wrapped in plastic. I guess it makes it easier to keep things sanitary. But it makes me think of plastic sofa covers. When my daughter had her first cavity, he demonstrated all the gear, even the drill and "Mr. Thirsty". I forget what he called the filling stuff, but let her hold some before and after it was baked with the light. So much different than the days when they used gas.

One thing that 's weird is he keeps all his stuff wrapped in plastic. I guess it makes it easier to keep things sanitary. But it makes me think of plastic sofa covers.

! That reminded me of Dr. Thrash's office (yes that was his name). Most stuff was covered in plastic. His office was actually part of a house- nothing like a cold building lol. The waiting room felt more like a living room than the formal waiting rooms you see now. One of the nicer memories is that there was a drawer in Mrs Thrash's desk (second one down if I remember) full of toys for kiddies 12 and under.

74792c540016672ebd3808652e5e28e9.gif

! That reminded me of Dr. Thrash's office (yes that was his name). Most stuff was covered in plastic. His office was actually part of a house- nothing like a cold building lol. The waiting room felt more like a living room than the formal waiting rooms you see now. One of the nicer memories is that there was a drawer in Mrs Thrash's desk (second one down if I remember) full of toys for kiddies 12 and under.

Dr. Thrash? No kidding, I knew a dentist named Pulley. Lol

A slight shift in subject here. When I was growing up there were a couple of doctors in town that shared an office. They were Dr. Snow and Dr. Frost. My parents took me to Dr. Frost.

Not gonna start a new thread. Alex sucks.
What were you going to start a new thread about?

Good grief. A couple nights ago when I made a couple posts, there were no time stamps on them, or on any post in any thread. (I swear a friend confirmed it.) I thought it was a permanent new feature of this site so I was ticked at Alex. By sunup the time stamps were back. I pm'ed him about it and he had no clue what happened, and said he never even heard of it.
Weird, yeah I know, I know.

Sorry, Alex.

I colored my own hair the professional way. I made my color by scratch most salons will charge a fortune. It cost me $18.75 to buy the bowl, brush, developer , conditioner and color. I am learning !

I'm currently house-sitting for an old friend of mine, and he has a stupid antenna that has ONE fricking channel. I spent four days bored out of my mind. (I'm here for 10 days.) Today I discovered how to use the Netflix! Whew.

I'm currently house-sitting for an old friend of mine, and he has a stupid antenna that has ONE fricking channel. I spent four days bored out of my mind. (I'm here for 10 days.) Today I discovered how to use the Netflix! Whew.

One channel? Dang good thing for Netflix. :)

Amazed I haven't gotten the flu this year.
Uh-oh, did I jinx it?

Shhh neither have I... and I just got a flu shot though I'm a little concerned on what they said on the news-- "only 17% effective this year"... and I'm about to fly tomorrow!!!!

Back