A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

I absolutely do not like going to the dentist either. Hope it was painless!

I absolutely do not like going to the dentist either. Hope it was painless!
I agree. I had a root canal last week, and will have a crown put in next week. Ugh! (Not to mention, the bill!)

I agree. I had a root canal last week, and will have a crown put in next week. Ugh! (Not to mention, the bill!)

The bill is nuts. My last root canal a few yrs ago, I had to pay $900? cash/check up front. I didnt get it crowned for more $$. Shoulda had it pulled. Wasnt a smile tooth at all. It rotted and had to be pulled Groans. Lesson learned.

The bill is nuts. My last root canal a few yrs ago, I had to pay $900? cash/check up front. I didnt get it crowned for more $$. Shoulda had it pulled. Wasnt a smile tooth at all. It rotted and had to be pulled Groans. Lesson learned.
My root canal cost almost $2,000. My crown will possibly be $1,100. Last summer, I paid a few hundred dollars on the same tooth for fillings. Even with all that, the doctors can't guarantee that the tooth will last. :(

My root canal cost almost $2,000. My crown will possibly be $1,100. Last summer, I paid a few hundred dollars on the same tooth for fillings. Even with all that, the doctors can't guarantee that the tooth will last. :(

I know the feeling. :( I was given a detailed treatment plan presentation (with extractions, implants, premium veneers, etc.) and the total comes to almost 12 grand. :pissed:

Wasn't so bad, was it? Eh, buncha wimps. ;)
LOL, been offline a bit. It was a pretty rough visit, filling on #31 (molar near back). Didn't hurt so much while there, but jaw was killing me still the next day.
He also fixed my bite where a crown was hitting wrong. So I'm much happier now.

How'd it go?
It was a long one. I forgot that after he finished, he found something wrong with it, so he had to grind part of it out again and redo the top. Didn't enjoy it, but glad that he takes the time to make sure everything is right and not just leave it.

It was a long one. I forgot that after he finished, he found something wrong with it, so he had to grind part of it out again and redo the top. Didn't enjoy it, but glad that he takes the time to make sure everything is right and not just leave it.

He sounds like the dentist we go to. Small office. As much as I hate going to the dentist- they're nice and gentle there. And they always let me have my music on. Still working on them to not talk when their mask is ON their face... bleah or talk fast.

And speaking of dentists, the only person I allowed to call me Liz was my dentist when I was around 12-13 years old. His son is my current dentist, but don't think he's ever called me Liz. If he had, I probably corrected him.

LOL, been offline a bit. It was a pretty rough visit, filling on #31 (molar near back). Didn't hurt so much while there, but jaw was killing me still the next day.
He also fixed my bite where a crown was hitting wrong. So I'm much happier now.

I apologize for belittling your suffering---I didn't mean it.
I tell them I can take the pain, but BARELY.
I am glad you feel better.

He sounds like the dentist we go to. Small office. As much as I hate going to the dentist- they're nice and gentle there. And they always let me have my music on. Still working on them to not talk when their mask is ON their face... bleah or talk fast.

The one I am seeing came highly recommended, but I wish I asked for an interpreter. He missed his calling as a ventriloquist as far as I'm concerned. I was given three options, and decided to go the whole route. You know, just to get it over with. Looks like I will have to tighten my belt a while.

Yeah, I have a lot of anxiety about dentists. Lots of bad experiences going up. Like the time one injected my ear lobe with novocaine when he rested his hand on my shoulder. Or the time that he pulled my sister's wrong tooth.

This guy is great. Small office, lets you wear headphones, and has sunglasses so the light isn't glaring at you. They even have TV's in all the rooms if you want to watch something. He's very formal, polite, and friendly and really emphasizes that you are in control and can stop for a break if needed to get get comfortable again.

I apologize for belittling your suffering---I didn't mean it.
I tell them I can take the pain, but BARELY.
I am glad you feel better.
Yeah, it was fine. The pain is not so bad as the anxiety. It took a long time to get comfortable to go to someone new. I don't mind a little pain, but it'd been a while until I started going regularly again and many of my OLD fillings and such are starting to break down. Amazingly I've got a crown from my first root canal 30 years ago that is still holding strong.

I got a friend who is livid because I am afraid to catch her flu.
Now what?

Back