A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Butterflies went nuts and assailed the front porch flowers today.

Getting a pot roast started for tomorrow. (Or later today, actually.)

With all the tragedies being reported recently, it is starting to spook my mom. She is encouraging me and my sister to avoid social events for her piece of mind. I understand her conccns, but the risk of a situation happening to me will not discourage us from living our lives.

Last edited:
hey why the App ALLDeaf dont work anymore??

Probably because the owner of AllDeaf switched forum platforms.

With all the tragedies being reported recently, it is starting to spook my mom. She is encouraging me and my sister to avoid social events for her piece of mind. I understand her conccns, but the risk of a situation happening to me will not discourage us from living our lives.

yikes. Never thought of that. That's something my mother would do I am sure if I ever go to some large even. Bah she does it even when I am just going to Charlotte for a meeting or something! Parents.... ;).

You are right though...there is risk in just about everything. Better to live your life the best you can rather than hiding.

That's what I'd like to do... get out of state and away from family for a while. Last trip anywhere was for niece's graduation but with family- this past May. Before that was DC visiting friends... in 2015. Can't remember which year- last two years at least- was OBX.. but again... family. I love 'em dearly but I need time awaaaaaay! LOL.

Just need a breather. Would like to go out of state and do some sight-seeing too. What's good for the mind is good for the heart.
That's what I'd like to do... get out of state and away from family for a while. Last trip anywhere was for niece's graduation but with family- this past May. Before that was DC visiting friends... in 2015. Can't remember which year- last two years at least- was OBX.. but again... family. I love 'em dearly but I need time awaaaaaay! LOL.

Same here. Sometimes absence of family is good. Lol
I forgot to pay the internet bill a couple months, so it was shut off this morning. I just paid to get it back on.
Senility, here I come.

I’ve gotten into a bad habit of rolling over and sleeping an extra 2 hours.
I’ll be breaking this habit on Monday.

I was on hold over 20 minutes to cancel an appointment this Monday.

Same here. Sometimes absence of family is good. Lol
I forgot to pay the internet bill a couple months, so it was shut off this morning. I just paid to get it back on.
Senility, here I come.
speaking of senility... I went to work today and it was costly. normally I drive to a parking lot and then walk to bus stop to get across the bridge. today I drove into city... ugh!!!! very expensive $12 toll!!!! I parked somewhere in there to take a subway to work. I hope my car is still there when I get back....

speaking of senility... I went to work today and it was costly. normally I drive to a parking lot and then walk to bus stop to get across the bridge. today I drove into city... ugh!!!! very expensive $12 toll!!!! I parked somewhere in there to take a subway to work. I hope my car is still there when I get back....

$12 toll???? I had no idea.

$12 toll???? I had no idea.

it's going to increase again. it went from $9 to $12 and then $15 soon. these are E-Z Pass discounted rate. I miss that time when it was $4... that was only 10+ years ago... what happened???? well the rate went up suddenly after 9/11... gotta pay for all these post-911 security and rebuilding WTC. I have no idea why toll money is going into rebuilding WTC. :dunno:

civil war is coming.... it's coming.... the pitchfork mob...

it's going to increase again. it went from $9 to $12 and then $15 soon. these are E-Z Pass discounted rate. I miss that time when it was $4... that was only 10+ years ago... what happened???? well the rate went up suddenly after 9/11... gotta pay for all these post-911 security and rebuilding WTC. I have no idea why toll money is going into rebuilding WTC. :dunno:

civil war is coming.... it's coming.... the pitchfork mob...

Meh. We could always try negotiating with them Amish, even if they are inscrutable.

yikes Jiro!

My friend in WA told me that the fares for the ferry from their side over to Seattle has just gone up AGAIN. It's awful.. they're just barely surviving money wise and it USED to be that it was cheaper, quicker and easier to take the ferry (whether it be by car, bike or walk-in)... now it seems like it's gonna be plain cheaper to just drive- and that takes a bit longer.

Back