A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Had a rather long talk with one of my brothers on VP. His son attempted suicide last Monday. He is a freshman at a prestigious university and was apparently feeling overwhelmed by the demands of his studies, so he took 150 sleeping pills in a park, had a change of heart and called a cab to the hospital. My brother is utterly torn up by it all, wondering how he missed the warning signs, etc. I wish there was a way he could hear my voice as I calmed him down and put him into a different state of mind, but eh, there was only the darn VP. I told him that it is not his fault, and that though the university had a fantastic health program, they give NO focus on mental health. I think my baby brother felt better after our talk, and that he knows what he needs to do now.

Had a rather long talk with one of my brothers on VP. His son attempted suicide last Monday. He is a freshman at a prestigious university and was apparently feeling overwhelmed by the demands of his studies, so he took 150 sleeping pills in a park, had a change of heart and called a cab to the hospital. My brother is utterly torn up by it all, wondering how he missed the warning signs, etc. I wish there was a way he could hear my voice as I calmed him down and put him into a different state of mind, but eh, there was only the darn VP. I told him that it is not his fault, and that though the university had a fantastic health program, they give NO focus on mental health. I think my baby brother felt better after our talk, and that he knows what he needs to do now.
I'm glad that your nephew had a change of mind and reached out for help. Now that your brother knows about his son's desperation, and has your support, there is hope for healing.

@Reba and TinCanSailor:

9927694b3f5df106c3a6db277c9a0ffc.png

https://www.facebook.com/USNavy/pho...74281347822/10154460413397823/?type=3&theater

Beo. I'm happy he got himself to a hospital. Sometimes there are no apparent warning signs, so your brother can't beat himself up over that.

Beo. I'm happy he got himself to a hospital. Sometimes there are no apparent warning signs, so your brother can't beat himself up over that.
Yeah, I know that, and I hope I made him understand that as well. Sigh. I cannot help but WISH he could hear my voice.
BUT...this Monday I will have my VP upgraded, and it will have VCO!

Yeah, I know that, and I hope I made him understand that as well. Sigh. I cannot help but WISH he could hear my voice.
BUT...this Monday I will have my VP upgraded, and it will have VCO!
Beo, whose vp service do you use?

I guess I'm not understanding so you two would rather respond this way so nevermind.
Oh come on, Tousi, you know me, not a mean bone in my pink bod, etc. You mean there is a way for the person I am signing for hear me??? This is news, believe me.

I noticed someone cussed on profile post and the cussing words aren't allowed on AD forum.

I'm enough with two members whoever attacked us, knock off, that's enough.

I noticed someone cussed on profile post and the cussing words aren't allowed on AD forum.

I'm enough with two members whoever attacked us, knock off, that's enough.
Oh you're talking about Rio and Booger. I have zero idea why they are picking on me about the English language. Whatever floats their boat .....

"Booger_Bender I've been called things far worse than his cussing. btw, Bitching is not cussing it's a standard English word. It's not nice to assume people are doing bad things over English language. Tell AlleyCat, and friends to work on their language before barking at regulars over a single English word. Just saying"

Oh, BTW, booger, before you pick on people for their use of English, I suggest you take a class in punctuation. Look at how many errors you have. *smh*

Last edited:
well...car's in the shop...all day...stuck at home with 2 doggies. Going (walking) to see a friend who had oral surgery yesterday. Checked on her late evening yesterday and she looked pretty bad, can't talk.

I had my VP upgraded yesterday to include VCO. Wow, it makes me realize how labor-intensive signing is! Lol

Back