A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

What kind of snake, do you know? I hope it knows what it is doing, being up and about so early.
It looked black, so it shouldn't be venomous (I hope), about three feet long. It was about 77 degrees today. I think it lives under the shed.

Out front, we have another snake that lives under the front porch step. It's been there for years. Every year it leaves me a present--its shed skin. A couple days I found the latest skin. Ugh!

These snakes add an element of adventure to my yard work and gardening.

Sounds nice, LB! got a pic ? I'm just curious what a loft bed is. Is that like bunk beds?

It looked black, so it shouldn't be venomous (I hope), about three feet long. It was about 77 degrees today. I think it lives under the shed.

Out front, we have another snake that lives under the front porch step. It's been there for years. Every year it leaves me a present--its shed skin. A couple days I found the latest skin. Ugh!

Sounds like a typical garter snake. We have them here in our yard in the hundreds, if not thousands, along with at least that many mice. One of the dogs can't wait to get outside everyday and chase them, but right now they're still hunkered down for the winter.

Jane, surely you must have a friend that could put one together for you.

As far as bedding, for my guest room, I leave the same bedding on for months. It doesn't get used enough to warrant laundry every time. (And it's usually the same guy so it's HIS stuff :) )

I don't think I would like making one of those. But I can see people putting them in a spare room to have the space for other things in between needing it for guests. Thus, you wouldn't have to get sheets and other bedding on it very often in between guests.
Thats basically a kids bed, adults would be too heavy or too old to even get in it....lol

Jane, surely you must have a friend that could put one together for you.

As far as bedding, for my guest room, I leave the same bedding on for months. It doesn't get used enough to warrant laundry every time. (And it's usually the same guy so it's HIS stuff :) )

Around here "making" a bed refers to putting the sheets and blankets on the mattress. Sorry if it is a regional term and threw you for a loop. As far as putting the frame together I do not see that as a problem. I was an only child and grew up as my dad''s "extra hands'. As an adult I have down a number of my own projects.

I was thinking of the fight it can be to get a fitted bottom sheet on when standing flat on the ground let along up on one of these.

Thats basically a kids bed, adults would be too heavy or too old to even get in it....lol

There are bunk beds in cabins at our church camp & conference center that are sometimes used by adults. I found the top hard enough to get to that one time, quite a number of years ago, I put the mattress on the floor rather than climb up there to make it and then maybe have to get down & back up in the semi-darkness to go to the bathroom.

Jane, yes, I misunderstood about the making the bed part. Thanks for the clarification. I call it making a bed too, I thought you were referring to the assembly of one.

As to the assembly of this particular bed, my daughter told me that her fiancé said it was a good test of how well they'll get along in their marriage. :p
Apparently it is not one of the easy to put together IKEA pieces.
Hence why I'm glad I got them to put it together rather than do it myself even though I'm a DIY kind of person.
Plus I wanted them to carry out the old box spring ;)
As to getting in & out, it's supposed to have a thinner mattress so that the sides keep kids from falling out.

As to the assembly of this particular bed, my daughter told me that her fiancé said it was a good test of how well they'll get along in their marriage. :p
Apparently it is not one of the easy to put together IKEA pieces.
Hence why I'm glad I got them to put it together rather than do it myself even though I'm a DIY kind of person.
Plus I wanted them to carry out the old box spring ;)
As to getting in & out, it's supposed to have a thinner mattress so that the sides keep kids from falling out.

This is a slightly different issue than either of the things that I brought up.

First was the increase in how hard getting fitted sheets on can be when they can be a battle even when standing on the floor. Not that you fall doing it but that it is harder work to do it.

Then there is the inconvenience in crawling up there even if secure once up there.

This is a slightly different issue than either of the things that I brought up.

First was the increase in how hard getting fitted sheets on can be when they can be a battle even when standing on the floor. Not that you fall doing it but that it is harder work to do it.

Then there is the inconvenience in crawling up there even if secure once up there.
I was NOT replying to your comment about making the bed. I knew what you were talking about when you posted that.

I was NOT replying to your comment about making the bed. I knew what you were talking about when you posted that.

Why such a feisty reply — you stilllll leave me with the impression that you have some objection to things I post just because it is me that posted it.

I did not say anything about yours being a reply to mine. I just commented that it was a different issue. "This is a slightly different issue than either of the things that I brought up."

Jane, to be fair, LB did not quote you. She was just talking about the assembly. She is entitled to make a post that is not in response to yours.

The first one sounds like a black racer, so I wouldn't try outrunning it. ;)
I know you will let it live, and you may as well because there are dozens nearby. Cool.

The first one sounds like a black racer, so I wouldn't try outrunning it. ;)
I know you will let it live, and you may as well because there are dozens nearby. Cool.
If it appears to be a harmless species I try to leave it alone but when it's a water moccasin, rattler or cottonmouth all bets are off.

If it appears to be a harmless species I try to leave it alone but when it's a water moccasin, rattler or cottonmouth all bets are off.
Awww. When I was almost a teen, I caught a baby snake and kept it for months in a terrarim I built, frequently handling it, etc. One day a family friend remarked that it was a copperhead, and all my world came crashing down. Hah.

Back