A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

Who could do this?

97df89cd143232bafdd196e75fc7dcb6.gif

This reminded me of the "creepers" that were used in most auto repair shops when I was growing up (late 1940's well into the 1950's) as most cars of that day had more clearance under them.

My dad sold cars at a dealership that also had a large shop and one of his cousins had an independent shop in a small town close by. In fact that cousin used that method so much that when he needed bifocals he had a work pair made that had the near part at the top for looking up when laying down.

In looking for images from that era with Google I kept just finding ones for sale. So, here is a link to one on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lis...439280?hash=item4d50c302b0:g:Ab4AAOSw8gVX3Jj9

Yes, I had one of those a long time ago......

I am thinking you are referring to the "creeper" I talked about in my post but can't be absolutely positive since you did not quote the post that had the item you are saying you had one of.

I am thinking you are referring to the "creeper" I talked about in my post but can't be absolutely positive since you did not quote the post that had the item you are saying you had one of.
Jane, yes, I have had a couple of creepers (of the variety you mentioned) in my lifetime but I don't know where they are....probably trashed.

At least two.

I know that I bought at least one for TCS to use.

Last edited:
Brilliant idea! Get a free donut or danish they might have with the coffee, score !
Most of it is thrown out anyway. They don't even give it to the homeless so why not us?

I think my father still has one of those "creeper" boards or something similar as he has worked on many different antique cars over the years (current one is an MG). I don't think he uses it now as the MG is low to the ground...and he's older.

Back