A sad day today.

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well as you all may know, My Boxer Zena was a cancer survivor. Well last year the tumor returned on her leg only more aggressive. It spread into her shoulder as well and the Vet said surgery would kill her due to her age and that they would need to remove the entire leg, shoulder and all BUT it has also spread into her ribs and lungs nowIMG_4344.JPG IMG_4345.JPG IMG_4347.JPG , so just let her live her life as long as she wasn't in pain. Well the past few weeks she has injured her leg twice and today again where she couldn't walk anymore, So it was decided to send her off to DoggieVille.
My daughter assisted at the Vet ( where she used to work ) So Zena was in great hands and comfortable during her last minutes in this world.

Sorry for your loss Sono, Hugs for you and your family, cherish the nice memories

Zena was extremely well trained, best dog Ive ever owned. Saved from the shelter about 5 years ago and survived Cancer surgery once before but sadly this time it was too aggressive. She was about 15 years of age now, very loving and affectionate... I'm sure she is running and fetching heavenly tennis balls now without any pain or discomfort with lots of like minded canines and having a blast as well !

Maggie , Boomer (our boxer ) and I are sending you big hugs and love, I know it's difficult but you did the best you could for her.

Attachments

• IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    688.2 KB · Views: 6
my sympathies Sono. Never easy- some of my family members have sent their doggies over the Rainbow bridge (aunt has with several of hers :( ).

Zena sounds like a wonderful dog and loving :).

my sympathies Sono. Never easy- some of my family members have sent their doggies over the Rainbow bridge (aunt has with several of hers :( ).

Zena sounds like a wonderful dog and loving :).
Yes she was. I couldn't be there but my daughter took her and did it. Zena was in good hands and company feeling safe with family in her last moments, so peaceful and calm.

So sorry for your loss. I have lost a few over the years. Dogs are special and the loss can be the same as losing any other family member. It sounds like you gave her a good long life. My condolences.

sorry to hear about your dog good thing u had your daughter take zena to vet to check and make sure than too late but at least zena is in heaven fetching after tennis balls and the gift of zena's paw in box is cute so u can look at it when u are sad.. I know it takes time to get better it's ok I lost my neighbor's cat back in 2006 so i can relate..

I am sorry to learn of this. I know many of us can feel it because the pain of losing a loved pet lasts a lifetime. I know she had a good life, though.

Back