A Quiet Place movie

Jetti

Reaction score
Has anyone seen it? What do you think?

1: I think it's great that a Deaf actress (Millicent Simmonds) got to play a Deaf role!

2: I read that Millicent taught the other actors sign to better communicate with her. So it's not as if the hearing actors only learned the signs for the script. I think that's nice.

3: I've read they had ASL coaches and interpreters on set.

I haven't seen the movie myself, but was curious what other people thought. I am in an ASL Linguistics class right now, and my professor said the one line in the movie was signed wrong. "I have always loved you" should not be signed with ALWAYS but instead UP-TIL-NOW.

Anyway, what do you all think?

I saw it last week. SPOILER ALERT!!! Stop reading now if you don't want to know...

It was not scary but overall a good movie.
I agree the signing in the movie did have some mistakes and was a bit englishy at times. Other times, the camera was too high so the hands were cutoff. I liked the premise of the story - sound is dangerous and deadly. The heads of the aliens were very cool. The body was a bit too humanoid and moved like people in costumes so that part was a disappointment. The movie starting at day 89(?) left me wondering how it all began.

Despite the issues, I enjoyed it would see it again or perhaps get it when it comes out on DVD.

It is nice to watch Millicent grow up on film. She has really matured. She is so professional both on screen and during her interviews. Really cool.

Watched it a few weeks ago. Not bad at all. I give it 8.5/10
worth a watch

Back